Other Metagames Stall is King (Balanced Hackmons)

It is my personal belief that a game, especially a VS game like competitive pokemon, has a limited amount of fun to give. I've made it my goal to make sure I have all of the available fun :P.

With that in mind, I've decided to come back to balanced hackmons and give it another shot. After rebuilding my old team, I not only found it still works incredibly well, but also that I was still just over 1300. I wanted to share my current iteration of this stally-as-hell team and get some extra eyes on it.

"Mr. Satan"
Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Curse
- Substitute
- Milk Drink
- Spore

Giratina was the pokemon I started this team with. This set can singlehandedly lock out entire teams. Substitute protects it from Spores, Statuses, Imposters, and more. Milk Drink is my healing move of choice. Spore (especially off of Prankster) locks down opposing mons, but it weak to Magic Bounce. Finally, curse is my damaging move of choice, it slowly saps your opponents dry. Giratina can either weaken a team in a match that has just started, or it can finish off a weakened team.

"The Gentle Giant"
Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Dragon Tail
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock

Regirock is my most common lead. Sand boosts its special defense, making it a wall to be reckoned with. Dragon tail means it's not set up fodder against common sweepers, and magic coat bounces back hazards and spores your opponent sends your way. Stealth rocks means your opponents will take some damage each time they switch, and Milk Drink is health recovery. Sand also helps out some other pokemon on my team, for example:

"I, Robot"
I, Robot (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Milk Drink
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Encore

Registeel is my newest member, but I found I desperately needed a steel type for opposing Diances. Prankster means he can be incredibly annoying, and is able to pivot into whatever mon is most useful at the moment. I haven't tested him too much yet, but the set seems solid and his typing was exactly what I needed.

"Her Majesty"
Her Majesty (Diancie-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- King's Shield/Magma Storm

Diance my main sweeper. Her moves can break even the most stubborn walls, and King's Shield lets her stop opposing non contrary sweepers. I'm not running Magma Storm in her usual set by choice, purposefully hurting her coverage so that an imposter chancey doesn't sweep my team with this set. However, if you're not worried about that, the coverage can be invaluable.

"Mr. Hyde"
Mr. Hyde (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Milk Drink
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- U-turn

Ah, the standard Perish Trap. This set is simple. Switch into a pokemon who's sweeping, trap them, and then perish song and spam milk drink. The biggest threat to this set is gale wings rayquaza, who can deal over 40% with an oblivion wing and has priority. Just make sure to be aware of how strong your opponent is, even without their boosts.

"Nightmare"
Nightmare (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash
- Spore

Another anti-chansey set. Simply put, imposter chansey cannot touch him. Judgement allows for a huge ghost move, while secret sword breaks annoying steel types. Shell smash sets up to sweep and baits in chansey, and spore can make non Magic Bouncers into set-up fodder. He can cut huge holes into opposing teams, but he is the most disposable of these pokemon.

So, that's my team! Please let me know what you think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)