Steam Holiday Sale 2010: December 20th - January 3rd and starting off STRONG!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Believe me, you want The Witcher on Steam. Patching process is completely confusing if you try to do it on your own.

lessee... now that I got some cash during christmas, I've bought Shank and Overlord pack. When I get my money on my card on monday hopefully, there's gonna be even more games to be bought.

Halp.

My graphics card (Intel HD) sucks so I won't be able to cash in as much as I'd like :(
Some of the Indie packs look kind of appealing, like the 2D pack, and obviously the Heavy Hitters pack.

New set of games, this time it's previous top sellers on discount again.

Grabbed Witchers myself, since it has been intriguing me, and for 4 € it's a good buy. Also thought about Assasin's Creed 2, but I am not sure, considering that I haven't played 1, and I am going to buy AC1 and Mafia II at the last day. Anybody got an suggestion, worth it or not?

Jesus, Serious Sam 1+2+extras is $4 right now ._. Can't really say no to that. Also picking up KOTOR (was gonna get it earlier but followed Firestorm's advice about waiting :D). Anybody know anything about Machinarium? It's cheap too but idk anything about it to make it a should buy (even at that price).

So far I've bought Battlefield Bad Company 2, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Prince of Persia 2+3 (already own 1 on disc, figured I'd just round out the collection :P).

Last day for sales, get 'em while they're hot.

EDIT: Don't expect to download any of your purchases today though...servers are sloooow.

EDIT2: Damnit I wish Crysis went back on sale. I was going to buy it but went to bed before purchase and missed it :/ At least GTA:IV is back on sale, another deal I stupidly skipped.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sorry if this post seems incredibly lazy, but could someone sell super meat boy to me?

figuratively -- i don't want you to sell me a copy

I suggest L4D2 and Killing Floor if you haven't.
I also recommend these (and the GTA IV complete pack, £6.25 for 3 excellent games is a great price).

Swaggersaurus said:
sorry if this post seems incredibly lazy, but could someone sell super meat boy to me?

figuratively -- i don't want you to sell me a copy
It's a "tough as nails" platformer, that's about all that I know. However I suggest you play the flash version before buying it (should you decide you want it).

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/463241 (or don't, see posts below)

I've has bought an obscene amount of games during this sale period.

dont bother playing the flash version, ive heard nothing but bad things about it. its only like 5 quid or something, just buy it!

ive played it for at least 40 hours and spent £8 on it. game is just an unbelievable sequence of mind blowing level design that makes you feel like a god when you finally do it. each level is just like a 20/30 second burst of tight as shit platforming that is an absolute fucking joy every time. maybe my game of the year :x

edit: decided to get amnesia the second time around. game is going to scare me shitless.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Damage Report:
Super Meat Boy - $3.75
Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition - $4.00
VVVVV - $2.49
---
Total: $10.24

Pretty good. I owned pretty much everything else or wasn't interested.

Sale before that (contest):
Chime - $1.25
Poker Night at the Inventory - $2.99
---
Total: $4.24

Sale before that (Thanksgiving)
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge - $2.50
Metro 2033 - $10.00
Indie Pulse Pack - $4.99
Indie Story Pack - $4.99
Audiosurf 12-Pack - $18.00
---
Total: $40.48

Total Damage During Holiday Sales: $36.96 for 15 games + another $18 for 12 copies of Audiosurf that I've been giving away / selling at cost.

Damage Report:
Assassin's Creed - €22.50
The Witcher: Enchanced Edition - €4.50
Mafia II Deluxe Edition + All DLCs - €20 (A tad less, but simpler like this)
Overlord Pack - €4.50
Shank - €6.50
Altitude - €2.25
- - -
Total: €60.25

Some prices might be off, but the total is pretty accurate.

I don't want to count other sales and games I've bought during the weekly sales, because honestly, I know it would end in the hundreds and I would cry.

Some headlights I've bought during the year:
Killing Floor
Batman: Arkham Asylym GOTY
Left 4 Dead 2
Fallout 3 GOTY
Max Payne Bundle

And that's just the start. Hopefully I can regulate this shit this year...

Treasure hunt

Chime - £1.00
Droplitz - £2.00
Mafia 2 - £10.00

£13 in total

Holiday sale:

F.E.A.R. Complete pack - £5.76 (been great so far!)
Prince of Persia: The sands of time - £2.24 (I haven't really played this)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - £6.79 (Also been good)
Just Cause - £3.99 (pretty awful, this game is nothing like I remember it)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Director's cut £3.25 (haven't really played it)
Audiosurf - £1.35 (thanks Firestorm, although I haven't really played it)
Assassin's Creed 2 - £8.00 (excellent purchase, one of the best games I've played in ages)
Peggle Nights - £4.89 (<3 peggle)
Section 8 - £1.99 (meh, played half an hour and I don't think I'll play much more)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - £17.99 (the cars are nice to look at, that about sums it up)
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete edition (I already owned the episodes, but it was cheaper than buying GTA IV alone, a great purchase) - £6.25
Supreme Commander 2 - £2.49 (I haven't really played this that much, but it's been good so far)
Half Life Source - £0.89 (it's half life)
Mafia 2 DLC - £4 something

Holiday sale damage report; About £70, only £4.12 a game though

I don't want to count other sales and games I've bought during the weekly sales, because honestly, I know it would end in the hundreds and I would cry.
I've spent more on steam games than I have on this computer. Although if you work out the average price of all my games and divide that by my average playtime, I think so far it's been money well spent.

I picked up Team Fortress 2, Braid, and Super Meat Boy for about 14 dollars:10 for TF2 and about 2 bucks for the others.
Havn't played any Braid yet, but the other two have been fantastic and definitely worth the price.

well, i bought more things than i can be bothered to list, but i just thought id say here since its relevant that i just finished bioshock 2, and for all the mess people talked about that game when it came out, holy fucking shit the ending was unbelievable. almost enough to redeem the 4-5 hour chunk of "get on train, flip switches until you can find that levels big boss, kill/save them, get on train. snooze.

DOUBLE POSTING just to show off somewhere that im number 10 in the world for the third to last (pen-penultimate?) stage in super meat boy:

technically im number 33, but 1-23 are all impossible hacked times of like 0.2 seconds and shit like that, so yeah

BE IMPRESSED

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)