ORAS PU Stunt Crusaders

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion

Hello, this is a team i made for ltpl which ended up doing really well both in tests and in the tournament itself, going 3-0(i used it twice, hjad one). The team is fairly standard, it has a fire water grass core with quag camerupt and cacturne, a normal resist in mawile, a late game cleaner/also works as a breaker lol in ursaring, and a support glue mon in spc defense wish clefairy.
The team building process is kinda iffy in my head, as i build it some time ago with not that much of a thought behind it as i was(still am kinda haha) new to PU, just wanted to cover up most stuff(as in, resistances to every type, cover top threats of viability rankings and the like).
In depth:

Jotaro (Cacturne) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Sucker Punch
Everyone seemed to be using quagsire so thought why not use cacture, whos immune to scald, has good offensive presence, has priority and spikes too! 115 spc attack is strong, and sucker punch even uninvested hits quite hard. Pretty straightfoward mon that abuses quag and the likes, loves facing slow teams to wear em down with his stabs.

Avdol (Camerupt) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
Camerupt joined cause of his ability to check plenty of mons like monferno, leafeon, bulky steel types like bronzor and metang, etc, wile also providing rocks and burning stuff cause why not. Evs let it tank hits from stuff like rotom-f decently, while having some defense evs. Was mostly lazy on finding a better ev spread but this worked so bop.

Polnareff (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Counter
Quagsire fills the fgw core, provides a check to most set up mons(always gotta scout for grass coverage though), giving good overall utility to the team. I felt that only mawile for normal types wouldnt be enough and wanted run counter on it,, never got to use it in ltpl but it sometimes pulls work hehe. In general its really nice to know that set up mons wont fk u up like monferno and the like.

Kakyoin (Mawile) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 204 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Play Rough
Mawile was added as i think its one of the best answers to normal mons, while also checking plenty of physical attackers. This set is pretty nice as it abuses stuff like clefairy who switch out to pass a sub or just dry pass to keep the momentum for you, or you can also try to pass SD to ursaring for him to clean late game.

Joseph (Ursaring) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Protect
Ursaring was added as i felt like my team was a bit too passive and slow, and while its not that fast, it does hit hard, even more when receiving SD boosts from mawile. Set is pretty standard, the coverage is nice to break common stuff like metang and rock types who think they can wall it.

Iggy (Clefairy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Knock Off
This set is really good. Being able to wall pretty much every special attacker is great, and its also able to pass wishes very easily, and this team really appreciates that(think: camerupt, mawile specially, ursaring sometimes too), knock off is great support, no mon likes losing their item(stuff like bronzor, evioliters in general hate it) and seismic toss gives consistent damage vs anything.

And thats the team! The biggest threats to the team i'd say would be Specs Chatot, as it breaks clefairy and mawile takes a billion from it. Thankfully, ursaring is faster and cacturne can sucker punch it, but SR is a must vs any team with chatot. Marowak is also a pain as it 2hkoes everything on the team while being faster than most of it, cacturne ursaring and quag pressure it but none of em can switch into him. Beehyem is also annoying, NP variants with psychic in particular as they break both quag and clef so i must play smart vs em(mr mime too kinda but not as strong)

Sorry if my description arent as great as they could be, my knowledge of the meta is not that great, and the team is pretty standard so yeah. Shotouts fink for making me play PU, hjad for the evs in camerupt(altho i like physical better,, but this works so,,) and using it to win in ltpl 8)
replays:

import(rip quag but giving it anyways lol):
Jotaro (Cacturne) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Sucker Punch

Avdol (Camerupt) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Polnareff (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Counter

Kakyoin (Mawile) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 204 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Play Rough

Joseph (Ursaring) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Protect

Iggy (Clefairy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Knock Off

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)