Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have an indicator of what the base power of Frustration and Return are in randomized formats?
Currently there is no way to tell what base power the move is in formats such as Challenge Cup 1v1
As a regular Hackmons Cup player, I heartily second this.

Alright I got a few,

1. This is for the mods, but a /fix command for punishing trolls. And it deals out a random punishment. Cool, right? Like /fix theoneandonlyceko and I get a happy hour mute. No extra thought needed on the mods' part.

2. A notice that shows when you get UNbanned from a room. Also a way of finding out exactly how much longer a lock/ban will last for you or even someone else. Maybe this could be a command?

3. A friend function. It's needed desperately! Like seriously it would get so many more ppl into this game. There are leagues and I know someone in real life who has her own group of friends she plays with.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Alright I got a few,

1. This is for the mods, but a /fix command for punishing trolls. And it deals out a random punishment. Cool, right? Like /fix theoneandonlyceko and I get a happy hour mute. No extra thought needed on the mods' part.

2. A notice that shows when you get UNbanned from a room. Also a way of finding out exactly how much longer a lock/ban will last for you or even someone else. Maybe this could be a command?

3. A friend function. It's needed desperately! Like seriously it would get so many more ppl into this game. There are leagues and I know someone in real life who has her own group of friends she plays with.
1. No.
2. Pretty sure it tells you that already if you're online when it happens. The second one is not going to happen, only available to staff.
3. It's on the to-do, but not really prioritized at the moment.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Alright I got a few,

1. A punish-based command that works on random is a horrible idea. If someone deserves to be HMed, they should just be HMed, for example.

2. This has been suggested before and I think it was rejected but not 100% sure

3. This has been suggested multiple times and is on the dev team's to-do list.

Some abilities and items don't show their effects, and they really should:

The Power series of EV training items (Anklet, Band, Belt, Bracer, Lens, and Weight) halve the holder's speed just like the Macho Brace, but unlike the Macho Brace, the mouseover info doesn't show the speed drop.

Muscle Band and Wise Glasses boost physical and special damage, though considering how people reacted to the tooltip factoring STAB, research into whether the items boost the attacking stat or the move's base power may be needed.

Finally, and I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented, but the accuracy boost from Victory Star isn't factored into the tooltip's displayed accuracy.

In the teambuilder, could we have an extra category for items that are unreleased? Similar to how the pokemon selector has a section for the (currently 3) unreleased mons. I think this would save a lot of confusion among beginners wondering why Flying Gem is listed as a popular item when it isn't even legal, for probably the biggest example of why this would be helpful.

Also, while it's partially a minor bug report, I feel like this sort of thing would be averted if these items were put neatly into an unreleased section:

Obviously don't mind the team, I just threw it together in a few seconds to demonstrate the legality issue.

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When someone makes a hangman, can there be a little note in the blank space that reminds people to /guess, similar how to Kid A does but in the script itself? I see way too many people try just guessing letters in the chat or using .g or something

abd1710

I SHOULD BE BANNED!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, I had a suggestion that when you do '/userauth (nick name)' it should classify between public rooms and subrooms like if you do /auth abd1710 instead of showing gameworkshop in public rooms list can a new category be classified which shows it diff. as subroom auth. How it currently shows :
1513776085344.png

How my sugg. will be like:
Room auth: +gamecorner,+survivor
Subroom auth: %gameworkshop

Reason: It's a little messy in one's room auth and it would be easier to classify a user.

Hey there, I had a suggestion that when you do '/userauth (nick name)' it should classify between public rooms and subrooms like if you do /auth abd1710 instead of showing gameworkshop in public rooms list can a new category be classified which shows it diff. as subroom auth. How it currently shows :
View attachment 93819

How my sugg. will be like:
Room auth: +gamecorner,+survivor
Subroom auth: %gameworkshop

Reason: It's a little messy in one's room auth and it would be easier to classify a user.
Are you using some kind of modification? It works just fine for me and I have none of that (just the Pokemon Icon stylish). Mine is already split into global auth, then public, then hidden, then private.

Are you using some kind of modification? It works just fine for me and I have none of that (just the Pokemon Icon stylish). Mine is already split into global auth, then public, then hidden, then private.
Subrooms (eg Splatoon) are now classified as public rooms if you're not aware

Reactions: hs
more game modes like gen 7 rotation battles or anything goes doubles/triples
rotation and triple battles were great because you had 12 choices per battle and its been restricted to only gen 6 battle spot triples

Alright, let me just lead this off with an apology if I'm roughly the millionth person to put this out there, but how do people feel about implementing a PokemonShowdown friends list?

I mainly just goof around with random battles but I feel like I'm always coming across cool people I wish I had some way of staying in touch with than besides rematching a couple times. Plus, I imagine people who are really serious about team-building and competition could get a ton more use out of it. I saw a thread in Development about this that was made a couple years ago, but it seemed to trail off after a few replies. Anybody have any updates to share?

Not really a forum person so idk if I'm doing this right, or if those of y'all who are on here all the time are groaning at yet another person posting about this, but yeah. It's been on my mind!

I already posted it multiple times here, but, aside from other users's support, never got a response: THE DISCONNECT TIMER IS WAY TOO SHORT!!!

One minute simply often is not enough to reload the page AND establish a connetion to the over-sensitive server - and players know that and abuse the short disconnection timer by continuing clearly lost battles (where even a serious mistake made by the winning player can't save them), hoping that the opponent will disconnect and lose on timer.

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR THIS 1-MINUTE EXTRA-SHORT DISCONNECT TIMER, just having the normal timer running is enough to force a win if the opponent ragequits, while giving players who discconnected unwillingly more time to reconnect.

Also, why is the server so damn sensitive and disconnects at the slighstest signal disruption? As this is a turn-based button-press game, this is unnecessary and waiting a few seconds longer to receive the players's inputs is no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)