HTML Sun/Moon ingame: EV Training for Exact EVs Calculator

SM: EV Training for Exact EVs Calculator

This web application indicates the exact amount of wild Pokemon faints (kills) a player needs, in order to get the exact Effort Values (EVs) for his Pokemon.
The player needs to know how to chain (with S.O.S. battles) because the app indicates how many first encounter Pokemon and how many chained Pokemon the trainer need to faint.

For example, let's say the player needs exactly 10 EVs in a given Stat, while his Pokemon currently has 0 EVs in that particular Stat. Also, the player chains wild Pokemon which yield 1 EV per faint (e.g. Ratata). By inputting those values and pressing "Calculate", the app responds with:
1 First faint with Pokerus
2 Chain faints with Pokerus
Therefore, by having Pokerus on the Pokemon he is EV training, he'll need to faint 2 Pokemon which are being summoned for help and 1 Pokemon outside of the chain (i.e. the first wild encounter). The app also provides info about requires faints with Pokerus and Power Items, to speed up the EV training process (i.e. Power Anklet).

Note: The UI is minimal, I will make it more beautiful and efficient when I have more time.
Any sort of feedback or recommendation are much appreciated!

Last edited:
So to be clear, if the calculator says to do "6 Chain faints with Pokerus and Power Item" along with faints without a Power Item I need to do all of those in order to meet my Total EV desired? Meaning Chain faints with Pokerus and Power Item is not optional?

I think you ought to add checkboxes for power items and pokerus. Even though most users here have both I guess, some new users don't ;)

As a side note, I tried it and it told me I had to do a chain without a first KO which is impossible I think...

EDIT : I just realized the post dated back from 3 months ago so I've started working on my own implementation. I'll share it as soon as it's finished

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)