Sunny Day team

My first competitive team (though I'm not oblivious to competitive playing/teams)

Whimsicott @ Heat Rock
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 200 Defense / 200 SDefense / 108 HP
Nature: Calm
~ Sunny Day - speaks for itself
~ Tailwind - Speed Boost for the slower Pokemon who don't have Chlorophyll
~ Encore - With Prankster, this is an easy way to effectively disable an annoying/dangerous opponent
~ Solarbeam/U-Turn - STAB attacking move/switch out for when utility/support is no longer needed

My go-to for setup and support because of Prankster, also I didn't need to invest EV's in speed thanks to her ability, so she's more durable, enabling her to stay out and setup/hinder with Tailwind/Encore rather than just use Sunny Day and run

Altaria @ Yache Berry
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SDefense / 200 HP / 56 DEF
Nature: Careful
~ Sunny Day - speaks for itself
~ Roost - recovery to compliment high defenses
~ Cotton Guard - boost to defense to even it out with sdefense
~ Fire Blast/Dragon Claw - sun boosted surprise attack (most people will expect dragon-type attacks and switch into a steel-type)/STAB attack

Tank/punchbag. High defenses coupled with Roost and a Yache Berry ensure that this guy won't be taken down very easily. Whilst he has Sunny Day, I don't send him out first due to his low speed, he's more for when Whimsicott's Sunny Day ends

Lilligant @ Persim Berry
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SAttack / 150 HP / 106 Speed
Nature: Modest
~ Petal Dance - STAB, berry to get rid of confusion
~ Sleep Powder - Support if there is a dangerous opponent e.g. a fire-type that cannot be OHKO'd
~ Quiver Dance - Boosting move for her 3 most important stats
~ Hidden Power Fire - Sun boosted coverage move

Chlorophyll special sweeper/support. Due to Chlorophyll, she can either disable an opponent first turn, boost with QD if it's safe, or attack straight away if it's not. Her defenses are ok for a sweeper too (200/201) so she isn't that fragile

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: I got this guy in a trade so I'm not 100% sure of his EV's, but his stats are: 342 HP / 313 Attack / 285 Defense / 283 SAttack / 122 SDefense / 184 Speed
Nature: Naughty
~ Power Whip - STAB
~ AncientPower - Coverage and possible stat boost
~ Synthesis - Healing to cover for life orb/weakness to special moves
~ Growth - 2 stage boost to both attack stats in Sun

Tank/mixed sweeper. Although he doesn't have great attacking stats, his bulk allows him to use Growth to setup. Very reliant on the sun, but really shines (no pun intended) when it's out with Chlorophyll, Synthesis, and Growth. He can also act as kind of a damage wall due to his bulk, though one well aimed Fire Blast tends to put him down without much difficulty

Charizard @ Life Orb
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 SAttack / 4 HP
Nature: Timid
~ Heat Wave - Multi-target STAB annihilation
~ Air Slash - STAB plus chance to flinch comes in handy
~ SolarBeam - Covers weaknesses
~ Dragon Pulse - Coverage (the only coverage I have against dragon-types)

Special sweeper. Sun boost, Solar Power, and Life Orb make Heat Wave ridiculously powerful, more often than not I can wipe out all opposing Pokemon first turn unless they're resistant to Fire. High speed means he can sweep the opposing team first turn without sustaining damage. He isn't designed for long term play due to his high HP loss (Solar Power, Life Orb) lack of recovery, low defenses and HP and myriad of weaknesses, but he can definitely wreak havoc whilst he's in play

Emboar @ White Herb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Speed
Nature: Adamant
~ Flame Charge - STAB and speed boost
~ Wild Charge - Coverage
~ Superpower - STAB
~ Earthquake - Wrecking opponent, does virtually nothing to the rest of the team as they're either resistant or immune to ground-type moves

Physical sweeper. This guy's main drawback is his speed, which is why I tend to switch into him after Tailwind has been used, and gave him Flame Charge rather than Flare Blitz. Aside from that, he's the best physical attacker on the team, with high HP, he can also take a bit of punishment. Typing means he doesn't share the common weakness to Rock that most Fire-types have, with Water being nerfed by 50%, he doesn't have that many weak points

A cool sun bringer i like to use is Druddigon as he gives powerful hits, priority and most importantly sun. Removing of Whimscott would be helpful as she will not give much switch initiative against Pokemon like Amooonguss. Use a spread that you need either max attack or one of the defenses. Try rynning Choice Scarf on Emboar to get a nice jump on opponents it helps outspeed everything but base 130s and up w/o a speed boost.

I would suggest replacing yache berry with leftovers on altaria, although it does take less from x4 ice damage, leftovers is nice for recovering a little extra. Or find room for substitute so it won't be forced to switch if it gets hit with toxic, making you switch and lose all your stat boosts

Is this a double battle team? or singles? Because I would replace heatwave with fireblast if it were singles, with only the cost of 5% less accuracy it hits opponents harder. Also on charizard, with solar power and life orb it takes crazy recoil (18% at the end of turn) Making it only able to live for 6 turns maximum under sun. Plus it taking x4 damage to stealth rocks, I can guarantee he won't last too long. Maybe replace life orb with choice specs or leftovers so it can do more damage or live longer under sun, I personally like leftovers.

Emboar has two wonderful STABs, fire and fighting, yet you're only utilizing one type well, Flame charge may be handy for speed, but it severely lacks power. I would suggest flare blitz to replace it

Your team also lacks a sufficient amount to pokemon using sunny day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)