Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Sacred Fire
- Confuse Ray

Being able to burn, paralyze, confuse and flinch with a single mon sounds pretty ridiculous, and it could prevent the opponent from moving almost entirely.
Solid thought, but Sacred Fire and Thunder Wave are redundant, and Confuse Ray can be removed by just switching (and it doesn't reliably hinder the opponent). I'd switch Thunder Wave out for Earthquake so you can hit Heatran and other Fire-types, and then Confuse Ray for one of a few things -- Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Substitute, Stealth Rock, U-Turn, Knock Off... you name it. If you're using four attacks, the set also works with a Choice Scarf.

Confuse Ray is honestly not viable, it's so unreliable. You'd be better off with Parting Shot in that slot IMO so you can safely bring in a teammate
Solid thought, but Sacred Fire and Thunder Wave are redundant, and Confuse Ray can be removed by just switching (and it doesn't reliably hinder the opponent). I'd switch Thunder Wave out for Earthquake so you can hit Heatran and other Fire-types, and then Confuse Ray for one of a few things -- Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Substitute, Stealth Rock, U-Turn, Knock Off... you name it. If you're using four attacks, the set also works with a Choice Scarf.
It was mostly supposed to be more of a gimmicky way to troll an opponent than a real competitively viable set

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
One of the best OU mons (imo) just got a whole lot better!
so, everyone knows about Serperior, and how good it is (except against special walls). Sadly, it is held back by it's severely limited movepool (seriously, all I see on these is Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Hidden Power and Glare).

But get ready to shit your pants, because, thanks to the terrible typing of grass, Serperior now gets insane amounts of coverage.

Serperior @ Life Orb?
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Overheat
- Air Slash/Bug Buzz/Ice Beam/Sludge Wave

So, anyone scared yet? Priority still kills it, but other than that, good luck surviving.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
One of the best OU mons (imo) just got a whole lot better!
so, everyone knows about Serperior, and how good it is (except against special walls). Sadly, it is held back by it's severely limited movepool (seriously, all I see on these is Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Hidden Power and Glare).

But get ready to shit your pants, because, thanks to the terrible typing of grass, Serperior now gets insane amounts of coverage.

Serperior @ Life Orb?
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Overheat

So, anyone scared yet? Priority still kills it, but other than that, good luck surviving.
Run oblivion wing over air slash. But yeah, Serp is pretty damn strong with coverage besides hidden power and dragon pulse

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Some weird/funny/good things to note with this OM:
  • Primape gets Brave Bird. (What makes more sense, this or Iron Tail? XD)
  • Mega Abomasnow might finally be usable
  • Unown and Magikarp now get coverage (but who's really gonna use them)
  • Weavile can now run CC over Low Kick/Sweep
  • Serperior gets insane coverage
  • Mew now gets Quiver Dance and Tail Glow (God, save us all)
  • Zygarde finally has a good Physcal Dragon STAB that isn't Outrage
  • Rotom-Wash gets Spore
  • Head Smash Darmanitan
  • WoW Amoongus
  • Most Psychic or Dark types can now set Sticky Web
  • Fusion Bolt Talonflame anyone?
  • Quiver Dance full stop
  • Tail Glow is broken
  • Now most fighting types can bend spoons 8)

Last edited:
Has anyone considered this:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Sacred Fire
- Confuse Ray

Being able to burn, paralyze, confuse and flinch with a single mon sounds pretty ridiculous, and it could prevent the opponent from moving almost entirely.
This probably becomes much better if you drop Thunder Wave for U-turn, giving Jirachi a momentum tool, which becomes even better with Confuse Ray. (This is also why Crobat is the best Confuse Ray user in standard.) Confuse Ray forces quite a few switches an opponent would otherwise not make, making it potent at starting sweeps.

Speaking of sweeps, here's something that can stop most of them dead: Meowstic-M, which has Prankster Topsy-Turvy, Dark Void, and Sticky Web now, giving it a pretty good support movepool. Still not very offensively inclined, but that's not necessary when every attempt at boosting hurts the opponent. (Riolu gets Prankster Heart Swap, but can it really do that effectively?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)