Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

sadly no one at nintendo gives a flying fuck about earthbound

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if both of them didn't make the cut

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ness has been in the last 3 games... I can't imagine they'd randomly up and decide to cut him now.

Lucas on the other hand.... his head is probably on the chopping block.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am really excited it's going to be for 3DS since I am finally getting one >_<

I just hope Zero Suit Samus returns, she's my favorite :D

Oh, but seriously they couldn't come up with a better name for this game? Not even a subtitle? I mean come on >.>

I have nothing to add to this besides I didn't know how much I wanted the wii fit trainer as a thing until I saw the video. So good.

[youtube]uEvi2vcarSA[/youtube]

I'm personally excited for which pokemon will be introduced in the brawl. Obviously Pikachu, but maybe Mewtwo's new forme will be introduced? I'm also guessing that we'll get a new pokemon trainer maybe........ more than likely 5th gen, with Dewott, Snivy, and Emboar?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I'm personally excited for which pokemon will be introduced in the brawl. Obviously Pikachu, but maybe Mewtwo's new forme will be introduced? I'm also guessing that we'll get a new pokemon trainer maybe........ more than likely 5th gen, with Dewott, Snivy, and Emboar?
more than likely we're keeping the old pokemon trainer, since it's actually based on something (ash). if he had had 4th gen instead of 1st gen pokes, i'd be more inclined to agree, but i think they're either altogether cutting trainer or keeping him the same.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Red's are all FE, though; he's got Red's costume, but ash's pokemon.

anyway, since smash 4 is coming out in 2014, it'd be using the XY starters most likely if it did switch.

What tier do you guy think the new characters will be in?

I'm guessing C or D for the Wii Fit Trainer, high B for Villager (with a learning curve), and low B high C or Mega Man.

How do you even make coherent tiering predictions for a game that's not out yet? You have nothing to base it on.

I suspect that Villager will be weird enough that whether people like using him will be largely linked to his competitive viability. Same with Mega Man. btw where's the love for Mega Man? Just allow the Power Slide / Charge Kick to cancel and he's just about perfect. Actually idr if you can cancel Charge Kick...

I'm guessing Megaman will be top/high, Villager will either be top or lower mid. Wii Fit Trainer will depend on the speed of the game, looks like she'll be high or upper mid to me right now.

how the hell are people making tiering predictions off of a few seconds of gameplay footage that might change in the future? We literally don't know anything about the mechanics or the rest of the roster. Why not just wait until the game actually launches and we can play it before worrying about how good each character is?

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Speed isn't everything, if it was Sonic would be high tier in Brawl. All the speed in the world but his smashes suck so he can't kill anything.

It's not like I'm making my final call now, this is just my best guess.

Alright, speculation time; who do you think is getting in? My money's on Pac-Man (Namco partnership, new animated thingy on CN that's awful pointing to a revival.) and Little Mac (Punch-Out!! stage that looks amazing).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)