Pet Mod SylveMons (Discussion Phase)

This is speculation of this mod's meta, not sure if I'm opening too much a can of worms here. If so, disregard this.

Would flying priority knock a certain banned fight/bug type down a peg? Said bug/Fight UB has no priority of its own, mind you and horrendous defenses that even a low SpAtk user could likely score a revenge knockout.

Last edited:
This is speculation of this mod's meta, not sure if I'm opening too much a can of worms here. If so, disregard this.

Would flying priority knock a certain banned fight/bug type down a peg? Said bug/Fight UB has no priority of its own, mind you and horrendous defenses that even a low SpAtk user could likely score a revenge knockout.
We might be able to change that mon's typing, especially given some new Coverage types to change into.

Would flying priority knock a certain banned fight/bug type down a peg? Said bug/Fight UB has no priority of its own, mind you and horrendous defenses that even a low SpAtk user could likely score a knockout.
There's this thing called Focus Sash, and apart from Castform and Suicune all proposed Jetstream users are weak to one of Pheromosa's common moves

Speaking of UBs that are affected by changes in the environment, Stakataka has been doing reasonably well since release and this mod's buffs to Trick Room and Flying are things that it would adore. I can see it enjoying this mod.

Speaking of UBs that are affected by changes in the environment, Stakataka has been doing reasonably well since release and this mod's buffs to Trick Room and Flying are things that it would adore. I can see it enjoying this mod.
Ok, another thing i would really like to see Stakatakatakata with time wrap as a hidden ability to FINALLY have a real niche at OU.

Rinse Off mons;

Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Seel, Dewgong, Lapras, Vaporeon, Chinchou, Lanturn, Marill, Azumarill, Politoed, Wooper, Quagsire, Suicune, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Pelipper, Wailmer, Wailord, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Finneon, Lumineon, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Frilish, Jellicent, Volcanion, Popplio, Brionne, Primarina, Dewpider, Araquanid, Golisopod,

I was considering Tapu Fini, but would that break it?

EDIT: also can Golisopod get Guard Up?

Last edited:
Rinse Off mons;

Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Seel, Dewgong, Lapras, Vaporeon, Chinchou, Lanturn, Marill, Azumarill, Politoed, Wooper, Quagsire, Suicune, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Pelipper, Wailmer, Wailord, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Finneon, Lumineon, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Frilish, Jellicent, Volcanion, Popplio, Brionne, Primarina, Dewpider, Araquanid, Golisopod,

I was considering Tapu Fini, but would that break it?

EDIT: also can Golisopod get Guard Up?
So is that a no to Phanpy/Donphan getting Rinse Off?
Phanpy’s Pokedex: “Phanpy uses its long nose to shower itself. When others gather around, they thoroughly douse each other with water. These Pokémon can be seen drying their soaking-wet bodies at the edge of water.”

EDIT: Also Goomy line.

Plus, I don’t think Rinse Off will break Tapu Fini, but it would definitely increase its viability and stalling/walling capabilities.

Last edited:
Is it too late to suggest flying priority for some flightless birds? I'm thinking it could round out Empoleon nicely.

Is it too late to suggest flying priority for some flightless birds? I'm thinking it could round out Empoleon nicely.
Issue: Empoleon doesn't have any wind/air moves, nor wind-related flavor.

Though now that I think about it, Flygon, the Finneon line and Lati@s should get it, since they get large amounts of wind/air moves, to add more non-Flying users. While it WOULD fit in with Naganadel's large amount of Flying moves, no way in hell will I give it a way around enemy priority.

Are considerations only based on logic and not balance because Emp catching a fighter with priority flying wouldn’t hurt. It gets drill peck for flying moves if that matters.

Are considerations only based on logic and not balance because Emp catching a fighter with priority flying wouldn’t hurt. It gets drill peck for flying moves if that matters.
judging by the fact that they gave koko thunderclap, i'd say neither

but in all seriousness, drill peck doesn't suggest being able to control wind either forcefully or especially with grace.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I hate to be that guy but things seem to be winding down this slate, so... results/next slate?
yeah... about that... Reviloja has been losing interest in this. And, I'm not as active as I used to be on Smogon. If anyone's willing to help me out, PM me and I'll sort something out.

Ludicrousity

Distribution Phase is over. Here are the abilities and moves (* Giving it to the mon. Keeping an eye on it. If it's too strong, we (Me and YoshiBlaze) will remove it)

Abilities

Air Stream
(By Coolman6001) - Drifblim (Replaces Unburden), Altaria, Swanna (Replaces Keen Eye), Unfezant (Replaces Super Luck)

Guard Up (By Yoshiblaze) - Escavalier (Replaces Swarm), Shelmet (Replaces Overcoat), Honedge and Doublade (HA), Chespin Line (HA), Metapod & Kakuna (HA), Silcoon & Cascoon (HA), Swadloon (Replaces Overcoat), Spewpa (Friend Guard -> Ability 2, Guard Up HA), Hitmonchan (Replaces Keen Eye), Burmy line (Ability 2), Gardevoir (Telepathy -> Ability 2, Guard Up HA), Gallade (Justified -> Ability 2, Guard Up HA), Golisopod (HA)

Moves

Rinse Off (By Coolman6001) - Squirtle Line, Piplup Line, Phanpy Line, Lotad Line, Chinchou Line, Seel Line, Lapras, Azurill Line, Tympole Line, Vaporeon, Volcanion, Goomy Line, Finneon Line, Frillish Line, , Pyukumumumkukukmukukmumukuyu, Tapu Fini*, Suicune*

Air Current (By Coolman6001) - All Flying Types & Every pokemon that gets Tailwind (I aint listing them all)

Acid Melt (By Dilasc) - Salandit Line, Gulpin Line, Kantonian Grimer Line, Skrelp Line, Arbok, Victreebel, Carnivine, Garbodor, Toxicroak, Seviper, Zubat Line, Nihilego

Swampland (By Sereg) - All Water Starters, All Grass Starters, Pansage Line, Panpour Line, Silvally, Quagsire, Whiscash, Lotad Line, Croagunk Line

Fairy Charge (By Origin0) - Granbull, Tapu Bulu, Slurpuff, Marill & Azumarill, Mawile, Xerneas, Togekiss, Gallade, Cleffa Line, Igglybuff Line,

Jetsream (By Pika Xreme) - Pidgey line, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonite, Shiftry, Tailow Line, Wingull Line, Castform, Cottonee Line, Tornadus, Vivillon, Oricorio, Drampa, Charizard, Noctowl, Togetic & Togekiss, Natu Line, Yanma Line, Delibird, Mantyke Line, Sigilyph, Suicune, Lati@s,

Last edited:
no rinse off for golis? ah well, leech life should do

also suicune is dank now. since it no longer has to run resttalk, it can now run two attacks. one of which can be jetstream. and nihilego is no longer walled by steel, woo

ugh why does the spreadsheet give rinse off the same PP as Morning Sun, it should have the same as Recover

either way, hype for a ton of mons getting access to recovery and/or priority, as well as a new weather.

Ludicrousity

ugh why does the spreadsheet give rinse off the same PP as Morning Sun, it should have the same as Recover

either way, hype for a ton of mons getting access to recovery and/or priority, as well as a new weather.
Becuase it's basically an counterpart of Morning Sun. So it gets the same

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)