Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

You serious? Pyro is not even close to the best class. The Degreaser was the only reason it's good at all.
This. Also lol "Pyro is too good." People always whine about Pyro being OP because he gets crits with Flares. What people seem to forget is that Pyro is designed to be a punish class. We only get a kill when you screw up, whether that means running into flame thrower range or deciding it's a good idea to shoot rockets/pipes.

Anyways in terms of nerfs the airblast one was needed, it was extremely stupid that you couldn't air-strafe. With the Degreaser switch nerfs more Pyros are going to be swapping from Flare to Reserve Shooter to get around the new holstering time. The new airblast penalty is annoying, though hopefully it'll encourage Pyros to hang around Engies more which benefits the team overall. No real gripes about the increased afterburn penalty as that doesn't factor in to how the weapon plays. Phlog getting buffed is stupid, that weapon was fine. I don't really care about the Axtinguisher rework as I never used it.

I find gaining 20hp back after extinguishing a teammate to be a little odd, though very nice in both comp and pubs allowing your medic to focus on other targets. Hopefully this buff will encourage pub Pyros to actually help their team instead of running around like decapitated chickens.

This. Also lol "Pyro is too good." People always whine about Pyro being OP because he gets crits with Flares. What people seem to forget is that Pyro is designed to be a punish class. We only get a kill when you screw up, whether that means running into flame thrower range or deciding it's a good idea to shoot rockets/pipes.
And that is why Pyro is a badly designed class.

It's not reliant on the abilities of its user but rather on the lack of ability in the opponent. Even in that the class relies on gimmicks to do meaningful damage and has very narrow, even though strong, support options. Airblast is basically what makes and breaks the class now and that's a very tricky ability because it can easily be made stupid (like it was before the update) or useless (which would actually be the death of the class, unlike what's happening now).

Also in theory, all classes punish poor decision making, but all of them do work even without the opponent making mistakes. Pyro is just an airblast bot in that situation.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The pyro meta now revolves around countering the other team's pyros by extinguishing the other pyro's flames it seems. The winner of the game will now be decided by Decisive Right Clicks for extinguishes and pressing 3 for the removal of sappers.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It appears that has been a MASSIVE VAC ban wave detecting premium cheats and banned many users, although there are apparently some blatant cheaters who haven't been banned so far. But rejoice !

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Apparently Spy got a movement speed buff?

I don't know the values, but is he on par with the Medic now?

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so does the spy lose movement speed when he disguises as pyro engi etc now?
I assume so. No reason that it shouldn't though.

I'm personally not too happy with this update. I don't quite agree with most weapon balance changes either... also Spy matching Medic speed really was that necessary? As a Medic main facing Spies are already bad enough because his sole appearance invalidates you from using the S key. Backpedaling will get you facestabbed thanks to how lag compensation works. Now they can just butter knife Meds? Oh great. No seriously though that was uncalled for.

Medic requires a skillset that doesn't really carry over from the other classes. And relying on headless monkeys (like 90% of videogame players) is never fun in any game.

I assume so. No reason that it shouldn't though.

I'm personally not too happy with this update. I don't quite agree with most weapon balance changes either... also Spy matching Medic speed really was that necessary? As a Medic main facing Spies are already bad enough because his sole appearance invalidates you from using the S key. Backpedaling will get you facestabbed thanks to how lag compensation works. Now they can just butter knife Meds? Oh great. No seriously though that was uncalled for.
Spy was the weakest class in the game (alongside pyro) so I'd say the buff is justified. Spy plays in competitive are very exciting and anything that can make them more common is a win in my book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)