Gen 4 Team mediocrity

How good is my team?

• Total voters
Hey I'm pretty new to competitive battling, actually just dug out my old Pokemon games from years ago to try them out again. I have a little bet with 2 of my buddies that we will each train a Pokemon team on Heartgold and then face each other. The loser has to get a tattoo on their ass that says "Gotta catch em all!" As lovely as that sounds, I have been messing around on smogon for the past few weeks learning about team making. I have pieced together a team that will hopefully easily decimate my friends, and I'm pretty sure they aren't EV training. To be honest, they will probably just have a ton of offensive Pokemon with fairly good coverage. That being said, we have agreed no legendaries, so I'm wondering from you guys, the experts, will this team I created with a pinch of competitive battling knowledge be enough to beat whatever they throw at me, considering the fact that they aren't EV training and probably just focusing on coverage moves?

First off, I have

Togekiss@(not sure yet)
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature +speed, -speed
EVs: 252hp, 100sp, 152spa
Nasty plot
Air slash
Aura sphere
Roost

My special attack setup sweeper. I chose him because of his decent bulk, and a combination of a great ability and good power up move in nasty plot.

Blissey@leftovers
Ability: Natural cure
Nature: +defence, -special attack
EVs: 252hp, 252defence, 4 so
Flamethrower
Heal Bell
Soft-boiled
Thunder Wave

My cleric and overall wall. Will be able to take some lower powered attacking moves because of lack of my friends EV investment. Usually you can just stick bliss onto any team and she can fit in. That's essentially what I'm going for here.

Starmie@Choice scarf
Ability: Natural cure
Nature: +special attack, -special atk
EVs: 252sp atk, 252 sp
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Rapid spin

My revenge killer/spinner just in case my friends get on a role. Great revenge killer with phenomenal speed and a useful ability.

Breloom@Toxic orb
Ability: Poison heal
Nature: +attack, - attack
EVs: 252 attack, 252 speed
Spore
Substitute
Seed bomb
Focus punch

General annoyance, and pretty great Pokemon in general. I chose breloom because it can get a couple focus punches off no matter what during a game, and it causes a lot of switches with its key resistances.

Kingdra@Chesto berry
Ability: Sniper
Nature: +attack, -sp atk
EVs: 252 attack, 100sp, 152hp
Dragon dance
Waterfall
Rest
Outrage

My attack setup sweeper. Kingdra is a great Pokemon with only one weakness. It will be great to switch in on a fire type or water type and start dragon dancing up. Then chestorest for the sweep.

Metagross@(not sure yet)
Ability: Clear body
Nature: +attack, -speed
EVs: 252 attack, 252sp
Stealth Rock
Meteor mash
Earthquake
Explosion

This guy is meant to be my lead, to get stealth Rock up early and then hit hard before going out with a bang. I'll probably just need to get stealth Rock up once because I doubt my friends will be having spinners.

So that's my team, any suggestions and constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I'm kind of low on time but without changing your entire team there are a few quick changes. Togekiss fits the fatass-bulky-lategame sweeper roll so you would be wise to use lead Metagross change nature on bliss to not -spa, swift swim on kingdra as well change starmie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)