Technical Support Mk. 2 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!)

The problem is, it's only for the Smogon University server, so are firewalls/anti-virus even potential factors?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Your ip address is permanently banned under the username {s}hado{w}. I think that you know better than most of us why you can't access the server.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
  1. PO version 1.0.53
  2. Windows 7
  3. I can connect to PO, not Smogon
  4. Intermittent
  5. Django
  6. Error while connected to server -- Received error n°5: Connection timed out
When I move from my home network to my university network (as is currently the case) I cannot connect to PO. The registry doesn't load, and I can't get onto a server using the normal advanced connections. I assume this issue is to do with the university firewall and not mine, since I have changed no settings since leaving home (yesterday, when I could connect fine). I can connect to the Beta server by changing the port number from 5080 to 8080. Is there any similar workaround that will work for the Smogon server? (the same change does not work).

@Django Reinhart

We do not currently have a port redirect working. I'll look into implementing one as soon as possible.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Your ip address is banned under one of your alts. And to be honest I would not be surprised if it was for trolling, considering that many of them are something like "spammer nig" etc.

If you see that screen, that just means you aren't actually connecting. If you were banned you would be immediately disconnected with a message saying so. Keep trying to reconnect because 9 out of 10 times, if you can connect you will do so almost immediately

I can connect to the Beta server by changing the port number from 5080 to 8080. Is there any similar workaround that will work for the Smogon server? (the same change does not work).
Port redirect is up and running. You can now connect to our server on port 8080 as well.

1. PO version 1.0.23
  2. Windows 7
  3. I can connect to PO, Eastern Time, In New Jersey. Smogon's server is the only problem.
  4. Sunday.
  5. TruthPains
  6. Every time i log in: the screen is blank-ish, exactly like this:
  7. I tried reconnecting, i went up to about 36 times in a row. I also tried connecting on other ports, and i know firewall isn't the problem.

@TruthPains

If you haven't gotten a response, it's because no one has an answer for you.

If you see that screen, that just means you aren't actually connecting. If you were banned you would be immediately disconnected with a message saying so. Keep trying to reconnect because 9 out of 10 times, if you can connect you will do so almost immediately
This is the most any of us knows.

1.) 1.0.53
2.) Windows XP
3.) Yes, the problem is only on Smogon
4.) About 2 weeks ago
5.) Max212, Point of no return
6.) (12:38:20) Connected to Server!
Your client version (1.0.53) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.53S).
(12:38:23) Disconnected from Server!
(12:38:25) Invalid name. Change your name.

It does this randomly sometimes, but it usually lets me connect after a few tries. But now the problem is persisting and I can't log in at all anymore. It makes no sense cause it would let me log in with the username, but then the next day it would tell me it's invalid when I'm using the exact same name.

Desolate

Banned deucer.
1.) 1.0.53
2.) Windows XP
3.) Yes, the problem is only on Smogon
4.) About 2 weeks ago
5.) Max212, Point of no return
6.) (12:38:20) Connected to Server!
Your client version (1.0.53) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.53S).
(12:38:23) Disconnected from Server!
(12:38:25) Invalid name. Change your name.

It does this randomly sometimes, but it usually lets me connect after a few tries. But now the problem is persisting and I can't log in at all anymore. It makes no sense cause it would let me log in with the username, but then the next day it would tell me it's invalid when I'm using the exact same name.
What name are you trying to log in with?

Desolate

Banned deucer.
Well I've had the problem with many alts, but the main one is 'Point of no return'
When I try to connect with that name I am prompted with a password and not disconnected; double check that you the name is "Point of no return" in the "Trainer Name" field when you're at the server list (registry).

@Truth Pains, try this:

SINGLE CLICK the Smogon server in the registry, then go down to the "Advanced Connection" area, delete the "5080" part, and replace it with "8080" (it should read: 173.233.95.2:8080). Then hit "Advanced Connect."

@Truth Pains, try this:

SINGLE CLICK the Smogon server in the registry, then go down to the "Advanced Connection" area, delete the "5080" part, and replace it with "8080" (it should read: 173.233.95.2:8080). Then hit "Advanced Connect."
i've tried that, guess i'm just going to have to deal with IRC then.

1. (PO version) 1.0.53S
  2. (OS) Windows XP
  3. (Server connects) No; No servers show up, and I get the message "Disconnected from the registry: Connection timed out"
  4. (Duration) Since downloaded, so a few hours ago.
  5. (Username) None registered online yet since I haven't been able to connect. The name I used on the team builder was Kyrael.
  6. (Description) No servers show up on the list, and after a while the connection time out error appears.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Have you tried using advance connect? Enter 173.233.95.2:5080 into the advanced connect field at the bottom if the registry and click connect.

I have indeed. :c I searched the forums for a possible fix before I posted. I ended up getting a no7 connection error, I believe. I also changed it to :8080 to bypass port 5080 blocks, but to no avail.

Could this be due to a restrictive firewall on the network?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Try typing a letter into the chat box and hitting enter. That normally fixes the connection problem. If not, it might be a firewall problem.

1. PO version 1.0.53
  2. Windows 7
  3. I cannot connect to Smogon, I haven't tried another
  4. Today
  5. DanMan
  6. (14:00:12) Wrong password for this name. If you don't know the password, please change your name. - But what I put IS the right one.

1. PO version 1.0.53
  2. Windows 7
  3. I cannot connect to Smogon, I haven't tried another
  4. Today
  5. DanMan
  6. (14:00:12) Wrong password for this name. If you don't know the password, please change your name. - But what I put IS the right one.
When was the last time you managed to connect successfully?

Edit: there is no user by the name "DanMan" in our system. Your IP is associated with the usernames: danman1970 and danmanrobot.

But in any case, there is no reason you should be getting that message when you try to log on. Are you sure you're connecting to the correct server?

This might be a stupid question, but I'm having problems with the password. It doesn't recognize the one I use with this account. Can anyone help me?

Desolate

Banned deucer.
The name you are trying to connect with has already been registered, then. Records show that your IP isn't associated with any accounts, thus you've never logged on to our server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)