Data Temporary Leaves of Absence

Not asking for extensions, but just a let-ya-know. IRL has swamped me irl for weeks already so yeah. @-@ it's like every aspect of life is either throwing bricks or dropping weights on me. I'll order vs Yoshi (which MIGHT finish within said 5 days), but I'm too eye/heart/brain-dead to order v adiass.

zzz cheers, JJayyFeather graduated from bartender to class Z stripper (sock-stripping). Confirmed by the Stripping Enterprise Xtravaganza, Inc. Certificate awarded by Professor Lucy. I typed this 3 AM after a week of sleep deprivation. I'm also drunk. Too lazy to fix. That is all.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Running low on motivation and high on things to do. Things gonna slow down until the end of this week at least.

Please don't DQ me on my TLR or HLM.

For everything else, do whatever the ant that lives in your ear tells you to.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys -- I really should have posted earlier. My life is insane right now, and I'm not going to be able to order in anything until this Friday. This is a crazy time of year for teaching; I should be much more available in general come April.

I should have posted this sooner, but this week has been a bit hectic for me. Due to a major report that's essentially due before Spring Break, I won't be able to post until Friday at the earliest, probably Saturday. Please give me some time. Thanks.

Gonna make the following short:
Having two weeks off made me realize that my life can't support ASB. For now at least. As you may have remarked I have been johning in pretty much everything I was in (and I deeply apologize), and my schedule's only gonna ho downhill from here.

That being said, I am dropping all of my matches. I have worked hard for quals and stuff and it pains me to say this, but I really think it's the best option right now. Again, I am very sorry for losing your time.

I am gonna stay on Discord and visit once in a while because you guys are awesome, but I don't know yet if I'll come back to ASB. Only time will tell.

Cheers to y'all!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have no motivation to play this game. I will continue in both tournaments, keep running my gym, and that's it. I quit as Gym Committee, Dogfish44 / deadfox081 / Texas Cloverleaf. I am also quitting the Kahuna Challenge, so anyone that is interested can pick up where I left off. Quitting my ASS Challenge, JJayyFeather. I will continue my 13v13, Toon. Not quitting against zarator either.

Will still be around on Discord sometimes.

Over the next few days, my area is set to experience heavy snowfall with a possibility of power outages. Expect little or no activity (most likely the latter) for ~48 hours.

Winter storms are headed my way. Due to related responsibilities and possible power outages, I will most likely be unable to post until Monday. If I'm available before then, I will update my leave, but otherwise I would appreciate the extra time.

Tagging for tournament purposes.

Toon Someoneelse zarator deadfox081 Fort Colorcastle

Edit: No outages; finished most of my tasks. Still busy, but will have activity, albeit reduced, leading up to Minday.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's try something fun

This is now the permanent LOA thread

If you have a temporary leave you can let people know via discord or your matches

edit: or put it in your signature but do the other things first

Last edited:
Let's try something fun

This is now the permanent LOA thread

If you have a temporary leave you can let people know via discord or your matches

edit: or put it in your signature but do the other things first
Obligatory complaint from a person who does not use discord/a signature about the added awkwardness this entails by trying to squeeze an update/leave into a serious post.

That being said, I'm willing to give this a shot. Seems like it could be useful in some regards.

Uhh uhh, absently leaving permanently.

Lost motivation really, plus irl is in such a balanced yet busy state. My activity was already fading faster than jayy loses boys and hair already. It's been a fun 4 months (?) of actual activity, and the rest of the year of random activity (hue). Cheers~

Will stick around in Discord tho. Probably. Just to slap jayy every so often.

Edit: April Fools

not rly

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So...

This game stopped being fun a couple years ago. Well not "stop" per se. More like, the fun started to slowly disappear. I kept going due to habit, I guess, and mostly a sense of purpose. Finishing what I started and what-not.

Two days ago I finished the longest task I had on hold. A task that took me around 4 years and 3 months. And while the recent gym battles had a glimpse or two of "fun", the last time I had actual fun (instead of an obligation to win) on an entire gym match as challenger was against engi a good 3 years ago. I still reread it from time to time. But if I needed a signal of my time being up, what I felt after the final badge was assuring enough.

Well cutting out the drama, let's cut to the chase: I am leaving ASB. For the most part at least.

Being more specific:
- I resign from every ongoing battle or roleplay (as well as the raid I will get DQ'd from soon) I may be at as battler or ref. If the battle isn't excepted below, I am resigning from it. Sorry for not giving you the serious match you've wanted, zarator. But I don't think I could give you that even if I wanted to.
- I resign as a ref from every TLR. Technically only Mowtom's is not with a subref iirc.
- I will finish the tournament matches I still have as a ref. But that should finish my reffing business. If it isn't a tourney match and I am reffing now, you should get a subref.
- I will continue my current TLR solely because it has like 2 or 3 rounds left. Would be silly not to continue with it.
- I intend to finish my current Ice Gym match and the two on the queue, assuming a leader isn't found until then. I also intend to finish the ground gym matches I took as "examiner". Chalk it up to duty. That and because some of those matches are being amusing.
- I will continue the HLM. This one is oddly not due to duty. It is just being fun and very nostalgic.
- I...don't know what I will do wrt monotype tourney as a battler. I still need to think it. Should have an answer by the end of the month below.
- I will continue to run the Mentrship program (and the mentorships I've taken) for one month. This means that all mentorships I have (2 TLR, some battling 202, a couple subtutorships and whitelist trials) will end on May 2nd one way or the other. Unless my replacement carries on with them, but I'd rather just terminate them (since some will reach 10 months in, which is ridiculous). During that period, some adaptations being be done, including closing some programs or changing others, so what we have is something that can live on without being too much of a burden.

I should still be on discord for the time being. Not sure how frequently, but you can tag me there if you wanna an opinion on something and I should reply for the time being.

That should be all. So long and thanks for the fishes.

Word apparently didn't spread when I said it on Discord last week or the week before, but I am functionally retiring from ASB. It might just be for a few months, it might be for a year, who knows. I am forfeiting my gym position, all ongoing matches I am in, and position on the council. I will not, however, be dropping out of Tournament Committee, my raid, Adventure Battle design, or any TLRs I am involved in making.

I will still be around on Discord, but I will have the server muted. If you want to talk to me, send me a PM or just ping me and I should respond fairly quickly.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I think I need a 8r8k from ASB. Forfeiting everything I'm in. I hope I'll be back but I don't really know, and it won't be for at least a few months in any case. Sorry all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)