Serious Thank You Smogon.

I'm pretty new to this community. And honestly, this is the most polite, helpful, and genuinely enjoyable community I've had the pleasure of joining. I'm glad to have got to join such a great group of people and just wanted to express my deep appreciation for all of you.

What sort of experiences have you had here? I'm genuinely curious. It's quite refreshing to see someone having a great time here.
Well, I can’t speak for them, but I’ve also had an experience here that I can only describe as great. Thanks to smogon I have made friends that I even wound up meeting in real life, and others that have stayed and will stay w me for a long time (s/o Ghost Cream) and overall this community just entices me. I also have a profound interest in competitive Pokemon so naturally, it’s great to see so many other people with a strong mutual interest.

It’s not the perfect community, I don’t think that exists, but I’ve made friends that can also be described as polite, helpful, and genuinely enjoyable.

Well, I can’t speak for them, but I’ve also had an experience here that I can only describe as great. Thanks to smogon I have made friends that I even wound up meeting in real life, and others that have stayed and will stay w me for a long time (s/o Ghost Cream) and overall this community just entices me. I also have a profound interest in competitive Pokemon so naturally, it’s great to see so many other people with a strong mutual interest.

It’s not the perfect community, I don’t think that exists, but I’ve made friends that can also be described as polite, helpful, and genuinely enjoyable.
Lol my first forum expirence shows how "imperfect" this forum is LOLZ but really I havnt been on the forums long but I have been on showdown for a long time and I have so many wonderful people and had really enjoyable times Cybel just remember in a community there will always be a bad egg trying to ruin your day and good people to make a lasting friendship in all communities

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I've browsed Smogon for over a decade. As a forum, I like it and appreciate its many sub-cultures. It's an 'adult' Pokemon forum. There are some smart and interesting people here in both the Pokemon and non-Pokemon areas. You're not going to find the level of discussion found on Smogon in places like Serebii and Bulbagarden. To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Smogon. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Theorymon most of the movesets will go over a typical browser’s head. There’s also Deck Knight’s philosophical outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Hans F. K. Günther literature, for instance. The posters understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Smogon truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Hipmonlee’s existential catchphrase “Have a nice day,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Bon Jovi's album Have a Nice Day. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as chaos’s genius creation unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Insert the whole monotype community here. I feel like this website has really changed quite a few people’s lives, most certainly yours, (and mine). There will always be people out there stopping it, but I’m glad it’s been so great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)