Thank you to all contributors

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
In a recent, general, unofficial poll of the Smogon community in InsideScoop (our badgeholder forum), one of the top things that our community members said was how easy it is to contribute to C&C and how much they like doing so. After working with C&C for 5 years now, it's amazing to hear this.

We've come through a lot of drama and issues in the past, and it looks like on the whole, C&C is now in a really good, positive place.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of our contributors that continue to make C&C an enjoyable place to contribute and participate on the forums. I especially want to thank everyone for being so patient with the Dex and SCMS. I wish I could do more to speed that along, but chaos does what he can and it sounds like he has some big things right around the corner, including fully implementing all features of the analyses and a better interface for the SCMS.

My inbox is always open if you feel you think something in C&C should change (nothing technical like the Dex though). Doesn't mean it will, but we can talk about it. I'm always open to suggestions.

Anyway, let's keep this going! Feel free to do any shoutouts to users you think are doing a great job and why. I will personally give a shoutout to Jukain for doing an awesome job leading OU QC for so many months when so many people doubted his ability initially (I didn't but 9.9).

P.S. it's my birthday and I'm a little drunk + really sappy right now ngl

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just did a bunch of sappy shoutouts here, but I want to post to remind everybody in C&C that you're the absolute damn best. I wouldn't have started working here and certainly wouldn't have stuck around if working with everyone wasn't the best experience ever :). We've got a big bunch of people involved here, and everyone has the opportunity to do something meaningful for the community. No matter what your job is in C&C or how big or small it is, we're all a big, awesome, happy family :}}

I also want to give a special mention to all our very experienced/'top' battlers that are starting to get involved. Reading through your analyses is incredibly informative, and totally goes above and beyond. Reading them makes it seem like even I could become a successful player!

Last edited:

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Happy Birthday, Ogles!

I didn't get an opportunity to post in the IS thread, plus I'm pretty sure it was forbidden to make posts about individuals anyways. But I just wanted to thank you for being so cool and stuff. Like, I think I've seen almost everybody get worked up at one point or another, but even when you get upset, your decisions are so incredibly level-headed, it blows my mind. I just wanted to say that I have so much respect for you because of that, so thank you for being cool.

Thanks everyone for just being so chill. There's nowhere on the sight that's so as cool and helpful to new people as is the C&C forum. You guys all rock, so thanks. Also, thank you FlameKitty for mentoring me and raising me up in the ways of a GPer and flame cat.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Huge shoutout to GPers Winry., frenzyplant, and P Squared for being so diligent and thorough in their checks. I can personally attest to how absolutely grueling it can be to go through larger checks or a higher amount of checks in a shorter period of time, especially if they're written by writers that need a little extra help in the prose department. No shame to the writers, but a well-deserved pat on the back to the ones that are patient enough to guide them in such a way. It can be frustrating, and people like them do it anyway. On this same vein, wh0sy0urpapa has also done a great job recently improving their amchecks, and a couple of the most recent checks were so incredibly thorough I'm convinced I couldn't have done a better job. It's really nice seeing non-GP team members taking such an initiative. Like I said, grueling work and it means every bit that people step forward to do the difficult tasks. Also props to hollywood for getting back into the swing of things after his hiatus with GPing.

... aaand as for the analyses writers, Melonz, Anty, Psywaves, and boltsandbombers were quite stellar people when it comes to writing quality analyses and are absolutely irreplaceable, in virtue, potential, and as people. If I missed you in this, it's probably because I haven't fussed with many of your analyses personally as a GPer, or I've just not paid attention to the author when I've done the checks, but you're probably doing just as amazing writing analyses, so keep it up. If you're one of the people that needs the extra help from QC and GP team members, don't be discouraged - we all need a little help every now and then. It's how we get better, and even the best of us can improve, so be not disheartened, brethren.

e: Mambo is cool for writing 20, Melonz is cool for writing 1, who cares, mambo is also a fucking nerd

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just wanna give a quick shoutout to the OU QC guys aim AM ben gay Henry TheEnder trc Valentine ... you guys do an awesome job in making sure all of the content in the analyses is accurate and up-to-date with the metagame, and are great to work with n_n. Also, I want to extend thanks to the good players who have come by and just offered their input or written an analysis or two. Every bit of work is appreciated and there's been a lot of fantastic, high-quality contributions in the forum over the past few months or so.

have to shoutout trc for being an incredibly solid uploading slave and finally somewhat beginning to finish his analyses after consistent bugging on skype for literal months

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
have to shoutout trc for being an incredibly solid uploading slave and finally somewhat beginning to finish his analyses after consistent bugging on skype for literal months
Don't rush the innovation. It takes months to perfect something as intrepid as HP Poison Kingdra.

On a serious note though, I couldn't agree more with the sentiment in this thread. I'm nowhere near as active as I used to be, and I regret not being able to play and contribute as much as I'd like to due to other commitments, but I still hang around the OU analyses subforum sometimes and it looks like it's better than ever. Keep up the great work everyone.

also trc i love you <3

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Perfect place to use post #500! Shoutouts incoming. Note: These are only shoutouts for C&C related people. Everyone else comes in my 1k.

Laurel for your Firebot article that convinced me to start contributing.

Ununhexium for giving me advice early on in the process, and for being my main man in general.

boltsandbombers, Kingler12345, and Minus for being my official mentors.

Antemortem for helping me with my AM checks.

Dat Blast for uploading my first analysis ever (Gurdurr).

Winry., hollywood, and Lucina09 for your awesome GP checks.

Soulblaster and Mysteria for your general helpfulness.

Everyone else on the respective QC teams for helping our analyses be the best they can be (too many to list here). Still, gotta give priority to Hikari for stamping all 3 of my UU analyses. RIP Starmie

If I missed anyone, let me know and I'll add you.

EDIT: I GOT A LADYBUG HOLY SHIT

Last edited:
Wait did I seriously not post here >_>
Okay so I'm waaaaay too lazy for shoutouts and the like, so here goes.
Thanks to everyone who helped me improve in C&C (this includes literally every BW QC almost, alexwolf AccidentalGreed PK Gaming Oglemi Raseri hollywood Pwnemon iss blarajan Soulgazer 49 I really appreciate all the help; I realize I forgot a bunch of names but I'm going to s/o them anyway). Also huge shoutout to GatoDelFuego skylight sandshrewz for getting me in Mentorship, it really helped out I appreciate you guys :D
it's been a blast helping ppl and watching some of them grow (again I can't s/o everyone because there's just so many ppl) so good job to all you guys :)

edit: because i forgot some gp ppl sirndpt was a really nice person but quit :( i mentioned a few others above lol

these are mostly from gen 5 cuz that's when the whole likespamming incident happened, i really appreciate all the help i received then

oh and belated happy birthday oglemi ^_^

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I suppose I'll post here

I would like to thank the UU (and other tiers but mostly UU because that's the source of most of my analyses) for being simply awesome in checking my analyses and being helpful in general. Without criticism from you guys I imagine my analysis quality would be much, much lower. It's thanks to you guys that we have the highest competitive quality analyses on the internet.

I would also like to give a big shoutout to the GP team here on Smogon. You guys keep our analyses readable, which is pretty important. Also I'd love to give a special mention to GatoDelFuego for helping me with GP stuff when I cared, even though I never really got anywhere with it.

But yeah I'm really happy C&C is such an awesome place to get involved in and it got me a badge so its awesome n_n

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shoutout to Minus for his amazing GP checks and analyses

But seriously, thank you to all the GP and QC guys for spending your time doing such grueling (but fun) work. C&C is something that has always been close to my heart, and even though I haven't done much contributing for the past couple of months, I just wanted you guys to know your work doesn't go unnoticed. Good luck and hope to see C&C be successful in the future too!

Edit: Wow rude, breaking the Minus shoutout chain ;;; @below

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)