The Battle Spot Forum's Official 3v3 Tournament [Sign-Ups!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
approved by Mizuhime

Welcome friends to the most official tournament in town. Here we will be playing Battle Spot Singles on our 3DSes, ORAS versions.

Please read the general Wi-Fi Tournament rules as well as the Battle Spot format rules. If you play Battle Spot at all though, you should already know them:

Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. Different formes still count as the same Pokemon.
Item Clause: Each Pokemon must have a different item.
Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
Thankfully, Battle Spot rules were changed back to Pentagon, so Blue Pentagon rule is in effect.
Battle Spot/Maison/VGC species banlist in effect, basically this equates to Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Egg.
Pokemon above level 50 will be leveled down to 50
Single battle format, bring 6, pick 3.

All the above things can be achieved automagically by selecting "Flat Battle" on the rules screen.

Here are specific rules for this tournament:
No members who are on the Wi-Fi Blacklist in Smogon's Wi-Fi forum may join.
Battles are best of 1, with Double Elimination. This means if you lose, you aren't out of the tournament yet!
Semifinals, Loser's finals and Grand Finals will be best of 3 with team switching allowed between games.
Rounds will be one week each, you can request an extension but it's up to my discretion as to how long the extension will be.
If the battle is not completed, the more active user will move on (to be judged at my discretion, I will be looking for effort in contacting opponents and activity posts)
Please post the battle video here in the thread afterwards so others can watch it.
Ask questions in the thread, not in PM, unless it is something seriously private like accusations of cheating, etc. (If you are going to accuse someone of cheating, make sure you save the battle video)

In the case of a disconnection, the player who disconnected will forfeit the match, unless the winner grants a replay. Sorry, but this is the only fair way to deal with disconnect abuse.

The winner of this tournament will not only get their name put into the thread title (therefore immortalizing them for all times) we are also giving away three beautiful and Battle Spot-useful Pokemon, courtesy of Theorymon

The 1st place winner will get the first choice of a Pokemon, 2nd place will get the second choice, and 3rd place will get the remaining one. The prizes are as follows:

Zapdos

Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31/23/31/31/31/30

Venusaur

Nature: Modest
Ability: Chlorophyll
IVs: 31/0/31/30/31/30
HP FIRE

Garchomp

Nature: Naive
Ability: Rough Skin
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

In addition, the 1st Place Winner will get a free Custom Title of their own choice!

To sign up, post in this thread to say that you are in, alongside your friend code, IGN of the character you will be using for the tournament, and time zone (in GMT). Hope to see you in! Signups end on the 20th.

Last edited:

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
BlowIN the competition away.

Timezone: EST GMT -5
FC: 2809 8887 2191
IGN: Kamikaze

Unless I get an opponent who can play 20th night or before 21st evening round 1, I will probably request an extension for Round 1 since I will be stuck in a 3rd World Country with no consistent internet access or control over my schedule from March 21st-March 30th.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In

will amend post with info later even though it's all on my profile

I want that Zapdos!

edit: FC: 3024 6048 0775 IGN: cant say

edit again: GMT+11 atm but Aus goes back to +10 early April but hey maybe I won't even make it that far

Last edited:
eh, why not? I guess I'll join this thing. Battle spot isn't my area of expertise, so I doubt I'll get very far, but you never know 'till you try.

My time zone is GMT -5, and everything else should be in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)