VNKW-WWWW-WW47-3HKV -> underestimating Espeon
8HFW-WWWW-WW47-E6Y3 -> Light screen > bad luck

Last edited:
some reps from my team, the rating is 1800
Full team is the one in my signature below

DPHG-WWWW-WW44-98X2 -> some good dual screen + dragon/fairy core action
VNKW-WWWW-WW47-3HKV -> underestimating Espeon
8HFW-WWWW-WW47-E6Y3 -> Light screen > bad luck
Good team! Starting off with screens is not a worse idea at all! I also underestimated espeon. Because 3v3 is often fast and quick screens with light clay support run the entire battle!

EDIT: oh my goodness, this battle i just played was really so tense! I ended up with only my fully swaggered and poisoned reuniclus against a substituted swagplay klefki and hex mega gengar and somehow i still managed to win!

See how the impossible was done at: 2F3W-WWWW-WW47-LJF4

Last edited:
Good team! Starting off with screens is not a worse idea at all! I also underestimated espeon. Because 3v3 is often fast and quick screens with light clay support run the entire battle!

EDIT: oh my goodness, this battle i just played was really so tense! I ended up with only my fully swaggered and poisoned reuniclus against a substituted swagplay klefki and hex mega gengar and somehow i still managed to win!

See how the impossible was done at: 2F3W-WWWW-WW47-LJF4
Nice match bro! It was pretty hard for reuni to win 1v2 vs Klef and Mgar :o
That guy had a pretty strange greninja set tho

Yahoo!! Finally getting back into BS Triples after like, 3 months of absence, give or take?

V2QG-WWWW-WW4A-5BVE

I've been struggling to find a reliable team for Triples these days. I just have so many ideas, and end up cluttering my mind a lot, or something like that.

So this team uses the same Tyranitar I ran for Christmas Tri! Its got Curse to synergize with Cresselia's Trick Room really well! I feel like Tyranitar might also be a good blanket check to Rain and Perish Trap, two of the most popular Triples archetypes. I love how I was able to give myself momentum with my Sand and Trick Room! Hoo hah!

The fact that I use less of the "standard" mons makes me feel a little uneasy. What do you guys think?

Here's a Triples replay against Portugal's "Never change your team" Dany, who's always laddering somewhere in the mid-1700s to low 1800s. I didn't know Dusclops could survive a Life Orb Knock Off from Bisharp, so rather than just using Fake Out on everything else and Trick Rooming to win the day, I instead lose the all-important Choice Scarf Smeargle speed tie (because that's a thing that can happen in this sick world) and somehow manage to wake up with the right things everywhere just in time to turn things around.

Everything about this match is awful: BJZG-WWWW-WW4A-MQAZ. Gaze upon it as one might a car wreck.

FYI -- Turn one I'm going for Safeguard, not a mirror Dark Void. I'm not a mad man.

Last edited:
Agh! Whiskey Tango, I actually fought Dany last night too, the first match ended up as a forced D/C on my part, my 3DS became less stable in the process of having it repaired... the 2nd time he won, the third time I won, those were definitely some awkward battles.

Apparently Dany was #1 globally with 1900-some points in season 10. I've never seen him change his team, except recently he's added a Choice Scarf Smeargle instead of Choice Scarf Mienshao. I've played him a number of times.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yahoo!! Finally getting back into BS Triples after like, 3 months of absence, give or take?

V2QG-WWWW-WW4A-5BVE

The fact that I use less of the "standard" mons makes me feel a little uneasy. What do you guys think?
If your prediction skills stay this sharp, you'll be fine with niche/esoteric 'mons...you could stick Gourgeist-XL in there at this point and be fine, honestly.

Everything about this match is awful: BJZG-WWWW-WW4A-MQAZ. Gaze upon it as one might a car wreck.
I like Dany's overwhelming confidence that no one around will bother to run Fighting leads (or Fighting-types in general). I am curious to see how his team would run in Maison Triples: glancing at the type distribution, Black Belts there would eat him alive (they run TriType Fire/Fighting/Rock teams).

A couple of odd switches on your part, but otherwise I think you were fine here. I like how your team kinda builds around opening the door for a Sylveon cleanup.

A couple of odd switches on your part, but otherwise I think you were fine here. I like how your team kinda builds around opening the door for a Sylveon cleanup.
Which switches? There were only three. I swapped out Dusclops for Amoonguss because I wanted to conserve Dusclops for later (it had Rain Dance, so there was the potential it could come out in Trick Room and disrupt Charizard if it needed to) and Amoonguss was ready to go ham in Trick Room and had no threats on that side of the field. Smeargle was choice locked into Dark Void in Trick Room, so it went out for Sylveon.

On the very last turn, I swapped out Amoonguss for Talonflame once Trick Room ended just for added security. Having it in an opposing corner to Terrakion was an extra win condition in case it flinched the other two Pokemon to death or something, since flying moves can hit Pokemon in the opposing corner. I suppose I could have waited for Amoonguss to go down to bring it in, but Amoonguss could also 1 vs. 1 Terrakion if I conserved it.

Anyway, dug through battle videos and found one more with Dany in his earlier team variation. This would have been a few seasons back. I was running a copy of Choko's Eruption Cup-winning team at the time.

4KNG-WWWW-WW4B-WCAN

A flinch against my Hitmontop at the end leads to a pretty ridiculous finish. I mean: Like, comment and subscribe for 1 vs. 3 Amoonguss sweep. Full Amoonguss sweep! Amoonguss domination or whatever.

some cart action:

Ferrothorn soloing agaisnt fight and fire moves: EKZW-WWWW-WW4F-CEEZ
Espeon eating the enemy's team: MPDG-WWWW-WW4F-CEH5

Best fucking bait and switch ever, and I'm being VERY literal:

4HXW-WWWW-WW4K-R6BU

Yes, I really did fight him 3v4 on purpose.
Also, Scarf Rain Dance Toed is for some reason very popular among the Japanese, its not the first one I've seen in the last 3 days.
I cannot fathom why you'd ever run it unless you have a MASSIVE paranoia of Char-Y (which only Titan uses, let's be srs) and nothing better to run (Scald/Ice Beam/Icy Wind/Encore/Focus Blast/Hydro Pump/Hypnosis...).
But I guess dedicating an entire team slot to Scarf-locking yourself into Rain Dance is worth it just in case you run into Char-Y once every 40 battles?

And does anyone know how that Ferrothorn pulled of that Gyro Ball damage? It wasn't CB (used Leech Seed at one point) so how it did over 50% is beyond me:

252+ Atk Metal Coat Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (126 BP) vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Mega Venusaur: 78-93 (41.7 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(0 Speed IVs/EVs Ferro, 31 IVs / 84 EVs Speed on Venusaur)

No crit, no Curse boost. o.0

/necropost

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Best fucking bait and switch ever, and I'm being VERY literal:

4HXW-WWWW-WW4K-R6BU

Yes, I really did fight him 3v4 on purpose.
Also, Scarf Rain Dance Toed is for some reason very popular among the Japanese, its not the first one I've seen in the last 3 days.
I cannot fathom why you'd ever run it unless you have a MASSIVE paranoia of Char-Y (which only Titan uses, let's be srs) and nothing better to run (Scald/Ice Beam/Icy Wind/Encore/Focus Blast/Hydro Pump/Hypnosis...).
But I guess dedicating an entire team slot to Scarf-locking yourself into Rain Dance is worth it just in case you run into Char-Y once every 40 battles?

And does anyone know how that Ferrothorn pulled of that Gyro Ball damage? It wasn't CB (used Leech Seed at one point) so how it did over 50% is beyond me:

252+ Atk Metal Coat Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (126 BP) vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Mega Venusaur: 78-93 (41.7 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(0 Speed IVs/EVs Ferro, 31 IVs / 84 EVs Speed on Venusaur)

No crit, no Curse boost. o.0

/necropost
You used on Icy Wind on it which increased Gyro Ball's power.

You used on Icy Wind on it which increased Gyro Ball's power.
Ohh, Icy Wind + max damage rolls + max Atk + boosting item, of course.
252+ Atk Metal Coat Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Mega Venusaur: 93-111 (49.7 - 59.3%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
Same as above calc, -1 Speed on Ferro

Who runs that

3PYW-WWWW-WW4Z-H3V4

Brought my Pledge team back. First match. Great vision of both past and future usage of the team.
And yes, that's 3 flinches, and at least 2 crits, compared to my 0% hax.

edit @ 8/29/16

HZAG-WWWW-WW4P-7F84

Pledge team is fine, curse of hax has blown over. Even the 1750 Japanese players are getting torn in half now that the 50% crit bonus has expired.
Opponent took about 40 seconds to think before hitting "Run". The two mons he did not bring were Suicune and Mence. He had literally zero hope without the Suicune.

Last edited:

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Here's some replays from my latest BSD run which ended just over 1900 :D

8VQW-WWWW-WW4S-4Y5Z Unfortunate crit on Rotom forces me to make excellent plays the rest of the match.

XHRW-WWWW-WW4S-4Y8D Battle against Alex Ogloza starts with both Landorus-T getting off a crit U-Turn.

QULW-WWWW-WW4S-4YBW Volcarona saves the day surviving repeated hits from a Blaziken.

So guys, we might know by now that using utterly stupid shit on the level of Arbok, Mandibuzz, Cobalion, Sunny Day Suicune, etc. followed by crushing the opponent with a masterful display of sheer stupidity spamming astronomical base power attacks and achieving far, far better results than reasonable is kinda my thing.
This guy came at me with a team of tards, and 1511 rating; had I not pegged him as a total bluff at team preview I may failed to defend my title as the King of Stupid Shit. He wielded:
Talonflame / Butterfree / Marowak / (mega) Blaziken / Lapras / Empoleon. *

I of course brought my stupid, revamped Pledge team that never really accomplished anything, along with a new member to fill the "utterly stupid nichemon" slot: Regirock, a mon who is almost entirely inferior to Rhydon, Rhyperior, Tyranitar, and Terrakion for nearly every purpose you can imagine using a Rock type.
Who was not used in this battle because he had too much Rock-Hate.
99BW-WWWW-WW4T-V2HA

* Abysmal and retarded.
Extremely niche and should not be used on 93% of teams.

edit: He fought well and would be a worthy apprentice.
edit2: I just ate 9 crits in 4 matches, and am now probably in the 1400's. Joke's on me, life got revenge for him.

Last edited:
For the first time in my life I just beat a PerishTrap team. Without using Whirlwind/Roar!

QRFW-WWWW-WW5W-M6EL

I cannot believe half the things I did actually worked. I do believe he was in shityourpantsmode from Turn 1 though.
Yes my team is just as stupid as it looks (and you can only see 2/3rds of the stupidity, imagine my two tech mons!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)