Walrus The BrainpanCydonia Cross-Server Walrus - Won by Lebossle

16th Place
Submitted by zorbees
Score: 5.4

Stay by Demi Lovato (originally by Rihanna)

Oh, hey, a love song by two artists I’ve never listened to. Kinda just washes over me for the most part. But when she starts belting it out towards the end, I sit up and pay attention. Powerhouse singers really catch my interest and I want to hear more of that. Too bad there’s so little of it in this song.

8th Place
Submitted by Whydon
Score: 7.0

I Dreamed A Dream by Idina Menzel and Lea Michele (originally composed by Claude-Michel Schönberg and originally sung by Rose Laurens)

Idina Menzel and Lea Michele work pretty well together in this. Their voices blend and harmonize well. Usually when I think Les Miz, my mind goes to other songs than this one. I’m probably going to get parts of this stuck in my head for the next few days, though.

5th Place
Submitted by Texas Cloverleaf
Score: 7.8

Defying Gravity by Caleb Hyles (originally composed by Stephen Schwartz and originally sung by Idina Menzel)

This guy’s got a good voice, good range. The song itself has never really been a favorite of mine, but this performance is very good. He harmonizes well with himself and hits those high notes pretty damn well. Welp, I’ve found a new YT channel to subscribe to.

3rd Place
Submitted by Walrein
Score: 8.2

Billie Jean by Chris Cornell (originally by Michael Jackson)

Never not press [F]

The tone of this song completely changes in the cover. Where the original seemed to simply recount and refute a bad relationship, Cornell’s slow pace, acoustic backing, and emotional vocals also lament the relationship. The raw tone hits closer to home than the original. I think if I listen to this one too much I’ll get weepy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)