The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
You seem to think pretty highly of the QB he beat Thursday night who also has that problem (but hes in his 7th year)
Lol refer back to wentz being the only damn player on his team. Yeah he sure beat The Carolina Cameron Newtons. Only two players in that game.

And also I literally have been saying how badly Cam has been playing this season so far. He looks spooked by the possibility of taking hits and is making way more mistakes than usual. I think highly of his skills as a passer for how he's played for the rest of his career and for the brief flashes of brilliance he shows even this season. But even if I take what you're saying seriously and if Cam plays bad for the next 7 years it doesn't mean you were right about him all along it just means you were wrong and then he stopped playing nearly as well as he used to. But is Cam having a worse year than any year in Bug Bens career? Eli Mannings? Really strange how Cam is the guy we hardline for consistency as a benchmark to determine if they're any good.

TL;DR Cam has been very impressive for years and is bad this year. Wentz consistently disappoints in so many categories. This opinion is apparently super controversial.

Lol refer back to wentz being the only damn player on his team. Yeah he sure beat The Carolina Cameron Newtons. Only two players in that game.
In your opinion, whats the main reason the eagles are the best team in the league on 3rd down this season? (Ya know, arguably the most important aspect of football)
But even if I take what you're saying seriously and if Cam plays bad for the next 7 years it doesn't mean you were right about him all along it just means you were wrong and then he stopped playing nearly as well as he used to.
I think Cam has been mostly overrated his entire career and people think so highly of him because of 1 outlier season that hes never even come close to reproducing so yes i'm leaning towards believing that i'm right about him.
TL;DR Cam has been very impressive for years and is bad this year. Wentz consistently disappoints in so many categories. This opinion is apparently super controversial.
Cam is bad this year but is still better than he was last year.
Wentz was bad last year (his rookie season) but has improved in every category this season, leads the league in arguably the most important one, but is "disappointing" in "many categories" this season.

You're really getting my coconut rolling here

TheValkyries

Cam Newton has been an impressive athlete for years. He was an impressive passer for one year.

I lol'd at Bug Ben though, that's a new one haha
I disagree I think we often run this "he is good at running therefore he must be bad at passing" thing, but to play this as conservatively as possible would you really take over half of the league as a better passer than Cam during his career so far? Was Cam a better or worse passer than Andy Dalton who is my forever perennial metric of average? Like I get that he's literally the greatest rusher from the QB position ever but 87% of his yards is through the air. He's not ONLY doing it with his legs. But we get caught in that trap often.

Also Bug Ben was a typo but I loved it and am keeping it that's his name forever.

Also Pretzels 3rd down efficiency is extremely important but it's not like a "true grit clutch statistic only the real great ones have this" it's just a rough team efficiency statistic. I'm on my phone so if I could I'd look up what kind of down and distance the Eagles are converting from and what their overall efficiency is. Football Outsiders has the Eagles at 6th Offensive DVOA which is weighted for down and distance so they're doing well obviously but again it's about how much credit youre willing to give Wentz. Are his receivers catching everything, are they above or below average for drop rates? Is the Offensive Line still one of the best in the league? How's the Eagles running game doing? There's a lot that factors into the end result of efficiency and I get how you'd get confused looking at a QB do well and think it's only him doing it cuz Brady's been doing damn near all of it for years. But sometimes QBs get carried. I mean god damn a few years back we had a Super Bowl in which Joe Flacco played Colin Kaepernick. Team success isn't solely because of the QB. One thing I did find in a quick Google was that Carson Wentz has converted 8 3rd and 10s so far more than he did in his entire season last year. Are we really saying he has just ascended in his skill level here or does it look like he's playing at about the same level and the team around him has improved? Like yeah he's disappointing cuz like I said he's still inaccurate when he's given plenty of time or in "easy passing situations". My guy was 80% on screen passes last year. A category in which most QBs average at 92%. That's... severely not good. And to be clear I don't think he's the worst QB in the NFL I just see the guy as being around average. Ho hum. If his teams good he'll look good. He's nothing overly special to worry about he hasn't shown anything that will make him evolve into a high tier of QB play. The only thing i see him doing with his career is disappointing people who have high hopes.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to make a special shout out to Philip Gaines' face, without which that Antonio Brown touchdown would not have been possible.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
feast your eyes boys, giants bout to field the worst receiving corps in NFL history against the #1 defense in the NFL

I CAN'T DO IT WITH THE ATLANTA FUCKING FALCONS EVERY GAME MAN

WE WERE UP 17-0!!! HOW WE LET THAT ONE GO IS BEYOND ME

Last edited:
this Falcons squad has the mental fortitude of an eight year old girl who lost her first beauty pageant

they could rebound and be a respectable team or collapse and finish 4-12, I wouldn't be surprised at either at this point.

The problem with them is that they forgot that Julio is their best player. They need to fling the ball to Julio every other play!

The problem with them is that they forgot that Julio is their best player. They need to fling the ball to Julio every other play!
Dude isn't funny? Every year we have a good defense our offense is shit. And vice versa. We're the fucking 4th ranked defense in the league but the offense can't take advantage of it at all!!!

TheValkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)