The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Second best qb in the nfc east, maybe...
I wouldn't disagree there, tbh. Cousins played well down the stretch but I'd be hard pressed to say he's better than Eli.

also Stallion I'm going to assume you got my sarcasm since you agreed with my true point. Green is a steal and I can't wait to see how much scarier this offense is

Fuck man, if Green stays healthy that's just another toy the steelers have to play with.

I'm actually satisfied with Ben Watson, which I guess is about the best sentiment you can have with old but steady vets, but unfortunately that probably means that Mad Maxx's development isn't coming on as expected.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I wouldn't disagree there, tbh. Cousins played well down the stretch but I'd be hard pressed to say he's better than Eli.

also Stallion I'm going to assume you got my sarcasm since you agreed with my true point. Green is a steal and I can't wait to see how much scarier this offense is
Romo
Manning
Cousins
Whoever the fuck starts for the green jokers

Wow what has Romo ever done that makes him better than Eli? Last season Eli matched anything Romo has ever done and 2011 was a year Romo can only dream of. Considering the injury history and yeah I'd take Eli any day.

Eli Manning has 2 game winning drives in the superbowl against the greatest Coach/QB/Team of the modern era

Tony Romo has 2 playoff wins.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Yeah I knew you were being sarcastic. I for one am feeling sick to the stomach that Big Ben has yet another weapon. Always been a huge fan of Green, I think he's a hell of an athlete

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I knew you were being sarcastic. I for one am feeling sick to the stomach that Big Ben has yet another weapon. Always been a huge fan of Green, I think he's a hell of an athlete
He is. I guess the reason he doesn't have huge stats is

*shades*

all in his head

xJownage

Eli Manning has 2 game winning drives in the superbowl against the greatest Coach/QB/Team of the modern era

Tony Romo has 2 playoff wins.
By that metric Eli Manning is better than Dan Marino and Romo is worse than Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Mark Sanchez, and Jeff Hostetler. What's your point?

Manning averages over 1 interception per game throughout his career, and has an embarrassing 3 seasons with more than 20 interceptions. Romo also has a higher Completion percentage, TD/Int Ratio, and higher ypg. As far as clutch play is concerned, Romo has 14 game-winning drives over the last three seasons, whereas Manning has just six. Oh, and furthermore, if that's STILL not enough statistical argument for you, Romo's career Passer Rating (97.6) is better than Eli's (82.4) by over 15 points.

The ring argument is irrelevant if you don't want Jeff Hostetler to be a superior QB to Tony Romo, Dan Marino, etc. Hostetler won on a game winning drive too. And he beat the almighty Bills, which was a team that was just as good as the almighty Patriots. Statistically, Romo is way better, and situationally, ROMO IS STILL BETTER - as can be seen by the number of game winning drives. Now please, stop talking about this. If you honestly think Manning is better than Romo you're either a Giants fan or a fucking idiot. Or both.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Knowing how Pittsburgh does business, they'll probably offload Bryant at the earliest opportunity. You've got to be a whole other level of dumb to be in a great situation like that and still jeopardize it because you want to smoke weed that badly

xJownage

Wait, isn't he getting suspended again for the same incident that had him suspended for the first 4 games last year? Or is he being suspended for something he just did recently?

His family is claiming its severe depression that is driving him to it. Wtf man, you're gonna make millions doing what you love on the national stage. Whats to be depressed about?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well, you can have everything and still be depressed, depending on how much stock you place on the whole "chemical imbalance" thing and whatnot. And maybe he doesn't love football at all, he just happens to be good at it and it's a far more lucrative profession than anything else he could be doing.

Still, as someone whose life has gone nothing but wrong I personally think you gotta look in the mirror (figuratively, although you can literally do it if you want) and realize, "you know, my life on an objective scale is pretty fucking great!" Tell your irrational feelings to fuck off. Mental fortitude. If he does actually hate football, and I have no idea I was just saying he doesn't necessarily love it just because it's his job and it's a relatively awesome job to have, he could always just retire, whether now or in a few years depending on what else he wants to do with his life (whether he can live off a million bucks or needs more money to pursue other endeavors).

Let's not forget that Santonio Holmes was a Super Bowl MVP and had 79 catches for 1250~ yards and 5 TDs the season after, and the Steelers traded him right before his 4 game suspension was announced

Bryant is fucking done

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Weddle signing is easily the best thing to come out of this offseason for the Ravens (after Flacco restructure, shoutout to Killah the MLP for thinking in November the Ravens would release and replace him :toast:). It'll be refreshing to have another Pro Bowl Safety in centerfield for the next few years, Ed Reed was definitely missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)