The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eliminating kickoffs is a radical step that will not sit well with the TV networks. That's 8-10 commercial breaks a game they would be missing out on!

Moving touchbacks to the 25 de-incentives running it out from the end zone (at a guess, running it out from more than one or two yards deep in the end zone had minimal expected value gained in field position from the 20, which will now be a net negative) which encourages more touchbacks. Kicking coaches will probably try to start attempting shorter kickoffs and the rule could indeed lead to more returns, but that's why it is a one year trial. I'm just interested in seeing if it will have any significant impact on points scored or yardage totals.
I don't think eliminating kickoffs means they get rid of running a play for field position. I think they just change it to something like the free kick after a safety.

Even if they did change it so it got rid of a commercial break they'll find other ways to interrupt the game.

The offseason is so boring. Literally the only headlines lately is what the Broncos' QB situation is and about Colin Kaepernick. Oh and Vernon Davis signs with the Redskins. He should've went to a team that doesn't already have a good TE. He'll be invisible just like in Denver

PenQuin

!dice 100
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
The offseason is so boring. Literally the only headlines lately is what the Broncos' QB situation is and about Colin Kaepernick. Oh and Vernon Davis signs with the Redskins. He should've went to a team that doesn't already have a good TE. He'll be invisible just like in Denver
Yeah, i dont understand the Vernon Davis signing. Skins had pretty decent TE's fighting for the spot behind reed.

Anyone else feel like the Rams overpaid to secure the #1 pick?

Titans get 15, 43, 45, 76 this year; 1st- and 3rd-rounders next year.

Rams get 1, 113, 177 this year.

I suppose the bright side is no more Case Keenum starting for an otherwise talented team, but sheesh... Idk, I don't really place Wentz or Goff on the pedestal of "franchise QB" and certainly not worthy of taking at #1 overall.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Of course they overpaid, the question is do they think it was worth it. History says it probably won't be. On the other hand the Titans now become everyone's sleeper pick in two years time, that's the kind of haul that immediately catapults you to competency or better once the players develop.

Honestly the Rams were probably motivated to trade up just to drum up some hype and make a splash, especially with more casual fans. 70% of fans probably don't care if it's a weak draft for QBs or not, but they see a #1 pick coming and get hyped.

You have to admit regardless of a football purpose, trading up to #1 and grabbing (presumably) a splashy QB they can market to LA is just as much of a reason to lure in the sheep, even if they're heading to likely another 7-9 year. People will pay for hope, and by the time the new stadium is built and another string of losing seasons, they'll probably fire Fisher and replace him with a splashy coaching candidate to lure them back in.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Like how the Jags play literally every game at 1:00 except for TNF with Tennessee and a 4:25 game that's only 4:25 because it's at San Diego.

I really don't get how anyone can stand these color rush things, it's just a poor bait to sell jerseys and most look fugly as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)