Entertainment The History of the Pokemon World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Co-Written by Aeonic

This article would be explaining the history of the Pokemon World, or basically how things became how they are right now, since there are quite some confusing things there and very few has actually been cleared up by game freak.

Some topics from which we'll make a chronological story.

- Explain how the Pokemon world got into existence, and how Pokemon got to inhabit it.
- Explain some of the powers of Pokemon, why they have it and how it helped to shape the way things are right now.
- Explain why there are games that exist at the same time but are different, mostly in megas. This will likely explain the events that caused the multiple dimensions.

The main thing this wouldn't focus on are "small" events in world history. That a building is being build isn't really important to how the world came to be, unless something specific is related to it.
While it may not look like a lot on first sight, there are enough interesting which have happened, yet are unexplained to have some good speculation about!

Oh no ;o; We got another approval almost identical to this one a few months back that we rejected because of lack of originality. The other one focused on the "origin" of the Pokemon universe and the creation stories involving Arceus and other legendaries, and while that seems similar to your first point, your third point does sound more interesting and I think a lot of players have been wondering about that after ORAS. Your second point is a bit unclear, though.

As a history buff, I'm interested. What source material are you looking at? Just the main series games, or are you delving into things mentioned in the manga and anime as well? What about spinoffs like XD, Ranger, etc.? More source material will give you more information to work with, but will probably bring out some more contradictions as well.

Do you think you could offer an outline or timeline of the major events you'd cover? It'd probably be helpful for you to organize that either way, and it would give us a better idea of just what sort of stuff you plan on writing about.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As a history buff, I'm interested. What source material are you looking at? Just the main series games, or are you delving into things mentioned in the manga and anime as well? What about spinoffs like XD, Ranger, etc.? More source material will give you more information to work with, but will probably bring out some more contradictions as well.

Do you think you could offer an outline or timeline of the major events you'd cover? It'd probably be helpful for you to organize that either way, and it would give us a better idea of just what sort of stuff you plan on writing about.
We'll probably look at any "official" Pokemon source, so that would include any of those you mentioned, though we won't include fanmade Pokemon or games of course. We already have a few ideas which will link some other games together with the normal games and are trying to make it one fluent story, but we'll do that if it gets approved. I don't know the manga that well personally, but if good material can be found there I'm all for covering that.

sure thing about the timeline, though I'll have to talk with my co-author first so we can work it out completely together.

Oh no ;o; We got another approval almost identical to this one a few months back that we rejected because of lack of originality. The other one focused on the "origin" of the Pokemon universe and the creation stories involving Arceus and other legendaries, and while that seems similar to your first point, your third point does sound more interesting and I think a lot of players have been wondering about that after ORAS. Your second point is a bit unclear, though.
Yeah, I noticed this and tried to delve into what doesn't seem right about the Pokemon universe, and give solutions as well as dive into some of the more unknown parts of it. Retelling the Arceus story will be really boring as everyone knows it. It'll probalby be part of the article, but it will just have the purpose as an introduction.

Sorry for the late replies! I didn't get notifications for some reason.

Snaquaza

KACAW
We're delaying this for now, since Aeonic turned very busy. Feel free to lock it if it's needed, we'll try to give an update when he's ready for it, which may take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)