Walrus The KnightsofSonata I Just Can't Get Enough Cross-server Walrus [Walrein Wins]

6th Place
Submitted by vonFiedler
Score: 9.2

Synchronicity 1 & 2 by The Police

Another case where I’m comparing two related songs. On the one hand, a fast paced, high energy jam with lyrics that manage to be somewhat deep while still retaining that zippy pop vibe. And on the other hand, a thoughtful story in a classic rock style. I have to say I like part 2 a little more than part 1, but both parts are pretty great.

Don’t ask me whether or not it was intentional that the uploader’s vid pic is the wrestler coincidentally also named Sting. Hell if I know, ya know?

One, MyNameIsNothing!
Two, Morgan!
Three, acidphoenix!
But these numbers are far from finalized!

Next up is Category Four, With A Special Appearance By. Your songs will be featured on Monday the 13th 5pm CDT.

And now for our outro:

[11:02 AM] KnightsofSonata: You'll be finding out the details later tonight, but I am not going to do any reveals next week. If I had been able to reveal yesterday, I could've worked out my walrus schedule to accommodate Thanksgiving, but what's done is done.
[11:03 AM] KnightsofSonata: And here's wishing you a happy upcoming Non-Canadian Thanksgiving.

19th Place
Submitted by Robert Alfons
Score: 7.3

The Great And The Good by Napalm Death ft. Jello Biafra

I’m quite familiar with The Jelvins, and I’ve heard a few of Biafra’s Mojo Nixon collaborations. This is... something else altogether. It seems counterintuitive that a song trying to convey a message needs several replays to discern most of the lyrics. The guitars are fire, though, and Jello’s voice shines here.

18th Place
Submitted by RODAN
Score: 7.5

Pink Matter by Frank Ocean ft. Andre 3000

And Rodan comes in with a stealth weeb strike. This starts out pretty thoughtful and chill, whether or not you can keep a straight face after hearing “Majin Buu”. (The first time I heard it, I couldn’t.) Andre 3000’s part is an interesting patter. It gets somewhat disjointed after that. Ditching the theme in the bridge and outro almost makes them feel like parts of different songs.

17th Place
Submitted by Lord Gaius
Score: 7.8

Renegade by Jay-Z ft. Eminem

Some rappers in this world are masters of rhythm and flow. In my opinion, Jay-Z is not one of those rappers. Luckily, he has Eminem to back him up here. If Jay-Z’s verses are like curve balls that aren’t always inside the strike zone, Eminem’s verses are like hard line drives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)