Walrus The KnightsofSonata I Just Can't Get Enough Cross-server Walrus [Walrein Wins]

2nd Place
Submitted by Lebossle
Score: 9.7

Soothsayer by Buckethead

Some nice technical flourishes and a lovely melody… dare I call it soothing? Well, I suppose I dare until it becomes exciting halfway through. This is the pure instrumental that was best at engaging my attention and my enjoyment in this round.

1st Place
Submitted by shubaka17
Score: 9.8

Oddloop by Frederic

This vibrant song has a bouncy guitar hook and an ever-present bassline that feels like an underscore to the song. Both stay strong even in the presence of the catchy lyrics. I am quite happy that this song has gotten stuck in my head. It definitely gets the Max Power Replayability Seal of Approval.

acidphoenix nails the solo in first!
MyNameIsNothing is shredding in second!
Lord Gaius rocks out in third!
Whoa, we’re halfway there! Whoa-oh, musical purveyor!

Next up, On Broadway takes the stage! The curtain rises on Sunday the 17th at 5pm CST!

And now for our outro:

23rd Place
Shitposted by Da Letter El
Score: 6.8

In Our Little Salon from Sing Muse!

Yeah, this is only a shitpost because Muse never made a musical. At which point I’ve just gotta cock an eyebrow and say, “Dude, Green Day exists and- as far as I know- you don’t hate them.” Eh, this is actually kinda funny and her voice reminds me of Carol Burnett.

Submitted by Martin
Score: 7.5

Best At Being The Worst from Pokemon Live!

Their voices blend pretty well, while still being on model for the characters (from what I remember of the earliest seasons of the show). Though hearing Meowth sing is something I have never looked forward to. Fun Fact: The role of James was performed by Andrew Rannells, who later earned a Tony nomination for his performance as Elder Price in the original run of The Book of Mormon.

12th Place
Submitted by Jellicent
Score: 8.8

Mack The Knife by Frank Sinatra (cover of a song from The Threepenny Opera)

TIL a song about stabbing ladies is a Broadway showtune. All these extra touches- the background scatting, the horns joining in, the tongue-in-cheek nod to other artists and his own embellishments- they’re nice additions to this jazz standard.

7th Place
Submitted by Lebossle
Score: 9.3

Phantom Of The Opera by Nightwish (cover of a song from The Phantom of the Opera)

I’ve never really understood the romantic aspect of The Phantom of the Opera. Creepy dude in a mask showing up in trick mirrors and wanting to be your “teacher”, that’s an excellent reason to call the cops. But this is Nightwish we’re talking about. And they’re rocking it here. I’m especially digging how the male vocals have a bit of a sinister tone to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)