Resource The Monotype Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by scpinion | Banner coming soon | Taken from OU version

Hey, y'all! Welcome to the Monotype Bazaar! The purpose of this thread is to serve as a more casual way to share teams for those wanting to either just post a team or get advice on one. While this thread is intended to serve as a more laid-back version of the RMT forums, there are a few guidelines:

1. You can post teams in any Monotype sub-format or old gen, it can be Monotype AAA or BW Monotype for example.
2. Make sure the team has been playtested. Playtesting is an easy way to iron out initial flaws and will ensure that any advice you may seek while posting here is not painfully obvious.
3. Tag your post with [Team Showcase] if you want to share your team or with [Rate My Team] if you want advices.
4. If you are showcasing your team, please give it a name and denote your core as Offensive, Defensive or Balanced when posting.
5. Provide both an importable for your team and a brief description. Accompanying sprites or art is always nice but far from necessary.
6. Showcased Teams will be added to the sample site.
7. Don't Post Memes Teams here or it will deleted.

Here's an example post:
The Excadrill said:
SM Mono - Team Showcase
Mega Sableye Balanced Ghost

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Snarl

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Acid Armor

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Mimikyu @ Salac Berry
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Shadow Claw

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Shadow Bone

Mega Sableye: Calm Mind Sableye is a great win condition for the Ghost monotype. Because its access to Will-O-Wisp and Calm Mind with solid recovery it can setup on a good majority of monotype teams with eaze. Due to Sableye having access to Prankster in its pre-mega stage it can spread priority Will-O-Wisp to cripple the opponents ability to attack. Snarl in addition can even further make the opponents Special attack do less damage making Sableye difficult to take out.

Jellicent: Jellicent is a very nice wall for the team as it spinges many attacks due tocits great bulk and recovery. Cursed Body and Acid Armor help Jellicent set against Physical pokemon and possibly overwhelm some pokemon with its defenses or continue to click recover until cursed body activates. Toxic+Scald is a pretty nice combo as it allows you to hit almost all pokemon for some sort of status and put the opposibg team on a clock with Toxic. Jellicent froms with Mega Sableye the defensive backbone of the team.

Dhelmise: Finally, Ghost gets a viable rapid spinner. This pokemon allows Ghost to have a Spore check not being Mega Sableye and to be able to easily remove hazards due to Dhelmise's great natural bulk. Due to Dhelmise's ability it gets the ability to hit steel moves with Stab power while not gaining the weaknesses of steel. Power Whip is a strong grass stab that helps Ghost better handle Ground especially after Gemgar having lost its Levitate ability. The rest being good coverage and hazard removal in Rapid Spin and Earthquake to help hit annoying pokemon like Heatran.

Gengar: While it may not be as useful as in previous Generations with Levitate Gengar is still worth using due to its great natural power, coverage and stall breaking ability. Taunt is meant to keep pokemon like Gyarados or Bisharp from setting up or the Eviolite twins from spamming recover. Focus Blast obviously isn't super reliable but very nice gor hitting Steel, Normal and Dark tyoe pokemon that usually give Ghost trouble. Then Sludge Wave+Shadow Ball are self explanatory on Gemgar as they are its best Stab options.

Mimikyu: We finally get a Ghost/Fairy type. This set was suggested by Dece1t. Salac Berry and Substitute make Mimikyu very hard to hit while it can easily set up SD behind a sub behind disguise. Fianlly by the time your able to attack Mimikyi its probably setup its Salac Berry and 1 Swords Dance. From there basically any unresisted wall will take massive damage feom Dual Stab in Play Rough+Shadow Claw. This is a very cool set and finally what ghost needs, a good Hoopa-Unbound check.

Alolan Marowak: Replacing Golurk as Gen 7 ghost types premiere stealth rocker Alolan Marowak has much more to offer. Thick Club allow it to deal massive amount of damage to the opponent while being a good offensive lead rocker. While speed isn't on marowaks side it sure does maje up in coverage Shadow Bone + Fire punch make this pokemon practically a physical chandelure while having access to moves like EQ or Stone Edge for further coverage. If you find your self facing to much trouble setting up rocks with Marowak use a focus sash rather than the thick club item.​
Animated SM sprites can be found here: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/

Just to be clear, this thread is for casually sharing teams in hopes of getting advice or just sharing for the sake of sharing!

Last edited:

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Team Showcase
Gen 6 Monotype UU

Webs Offense Normal

5 Spice Choice is Nice

(Braviary should be faster than staraptor, it flaps faster)
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Destiny Bond

Pyroar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
Happiness: 0
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Download
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Discharge
- Ice Beam

Braviary @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Frustration
- Brave Bird

Despite it's meme-y appearance, this team has given me moderate success in mono uu in room tours, which eventually ended up being my favorite ORAS monotype meta. It relies heavily on hazard support from Smeargle and aims to overwhelm the opponent with a barrage of fast, hard-hitting attacks.
Smeargle is the star of the show. With Sticky Web and Stealth Rock, it provides opportunities for the rest of the team to outspeed the opposing team, as well as gets rid of annoying sashes. Spore is just a great move to have, putting the foe to sleep and most likely forcing a switch. Destiny Bond comes out a surprise, usually grabbing an early KO against unsuspecting opponents. Alternatively, Spore may be replaced with Dark Void and Destiny Bond may be replaced with Nuzzle.
Choice Specs Pyroar helps immensely against Grass and Steel teams. Fire Blast and Hyper Voice are its primary STAB moves, while HP Ground lets it hit the likes of Heatran.
Choice Specs Meloetta is great for hitting on the special side, and few mons avoid the 2OHKO from it. Psychic is STAB that has a chance to reduce Special Defense, while Dazzling Gleam and Focus Blast are coverage options that let it hit Dark, Steel, and Rock teams. Energy Ball is additional coverage that lets it hit Water and Rock teams. Alternatively, Hyper Voice may be used over Energy Ball.
Heliolisk sits at a great speed tier, and with a Choice Scarf, it able to outspeed the entire meta. Hyper Voice and Volt Switch are its primary STAB moves. Grass Knot lets it hit the likes of Gastrodon and Swampert, while HP Ice lets it hit Garchomp and Landorus. Alternatively, Thunderbolt may be used over HP Ice.
Choice Specs Porygon-Z hits like a truck coupled with Download, and few mons can avoid the 2HKO from it. It sits at a decent sped tier to abuse webs as well. Tri Attack is its STAB, while Shadow Ball lets it hit Ghost types. Discharge and Ice Beam let it have the classic BoltBeam coverage, letting it hit common types in the UU meta such as Ground, Grass, and Water.
Choice Band Braviary deters foes from using Defog to remove hazards, as a poorly placed Defog can result in an incredible powerful Braviary. Brave Bird and Frustration are primary STAB moves, while Superpower let's it hit Steel types. U-Turn forms a Volt-Turn core in tandem with Heliolisk.

Last edited:
Alright, I'll add a fun little Rock team I've been playing with on ladder. I won't have too much description as it's not a developed team but hopefully y'all can have some fun with it too. Don't take it to seriously.

HO Rocks!
Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

Lycanroc @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

Nihilego @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Power Gem

Omastar @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash
- Stealth Rock
This team is mainly centered around fun ol' HO rock and double bands on Terrakion and Lycanroc. Lots of Stone Edge spam and the like.

Tyranitar: This thing sets sand! Sand bolsters Rock's otherwise lackluster special defenses and lets them tank hits they normally wouldn't, and also provides Lycanroc with the weather to abuse Sand Rush. Babiri Tyranitar is my way of getting around running Rhypherior, I guess, and checking Mega-Gross, Mega-Scizor, and other annoyances all at once (if somewhat loosely). Lycanroc: Rock's first sand sweeper, wooot! I'd have loved it to get a secondary typing like Ground or Normal or Dark or Fighting or literally anything to give it more offensive STAB coverage. Terrakion: Terrakion is terrakion. I mean, it's terrakion. It's breaks the things. It kills the stuff. Nihilego: Just specs Nihilego. Break stuff. Omastar: It's a Shell Smasher. Arguably the most interchangable part of this team, this slot went to Omastar for it's ability to significantly hazard steel although you could also run Alolan Golem here to good effect. It's an effective late-game cleaner. Archeops: Archeops is the suicide lead of choice, and literally it's just for Endeavor. Otherwise Aerodactyl is superior, but Endeavor really helps whittle down annoying pokemon like ferrothorn or Bewear (fuck this pokemon).

Last edited:

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Alright, I'll add a fun little Rock team I've been playing with on ladder. I won't have too much description as it's not a super developed team but hopefully y'all can have some fun with it too.

HO Rocks!
Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry
Modest Nature
- Ancient Power
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

Lycanroc @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

Nihilego @ Assault Vest
EVs: 76 HP / 176 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Charge Beam
- Grass Knot
- Power Gem

Omastar @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash

This team is mainly centered around fun ol' HO rock and double bands on Terrakion and Lycanroc. Lots of Stone Edge spam and the like.

Tyranitar: This thing sets sand! Sand bolsters Rock's otherwise lackluster special defenses and lets them tank hits they normally wouldn't, and also provides Lycanroc with the weather to abuse Sand Rush. Babiri Tyranitar is my way of getting around running Rhypherior, I guess, and checking Mega-Gross, Mega-Scizor, and other annoyances all at once (if somewhat loosely). Sure Hammer Arm will still OHKO but there's no reason to use Hammer Arm against Tyranitar. Dark Pulse is there to cement KOs on Slowbro without chip, and so on. Just a blanket check set.

Lycanroc: Rock's first sand sweeper, wooot! It's not amazing, admittedly, and I'd have loved it to get a secondary typing like Ground or Normal or Dark or Fighting or literally anything to give it more offensive STAB coverage I'm pretty happy with what I got with an easy source of speed control. Rock Slide is because RNG hates me, and Brick Break and Crunch are to clean Psychic and Steel. Crunch 2HKOs slowbro after rocks (not mega-bro :C).

Terrakion: Terrakion is terrakion. I mean, it's terrakion. It's breaks the things. It kills the stuff. I toyed around with the option of sub-salac or rockium-z Terrakion but nothing's as dependable as the old banded set, which can break skarmory to pieces.

Nihilego: Please don't judge me. I'm just trying to use new things. This set is a blanket check to grass and poison and can even get some serious momentum on water and ground if you position yourself well. The EVs are to boost speed on kills, rather than SpA, allowing you to remove more checks. You can always go specs on this set as well. AV gives some rather absurd bulk in order to live heavy hits from the likes of Ash Greninja and Keldeo while in sand.

Omastar: It's a Shell Smasher. Arguably the most interchangable part of this team, this slot went to Omastar for it's ability to significantly hazard steel although you could also run Alolan Golem here to good effect. It's an effective late-game cleaner.

Archeops: Archeops is the suicide lead of choice, and literally it's just for Endeavor. Otherwise Aerodactyl is superior, but Endeavor really helps whittle down annoying pokemon like ferrothorn or Bewear (fuck this pokemon) and is just all around neat.
No shoutout for the team concept, smh

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Cup Winner
Team Showcase
SM Monotype
Sash Spam HO Dark
This team was inspired Wanka , who had an HO Dark team of his own in ORAS and as well as a Focus Sash spam team that had high usage and great success in the middle of ORAS OU. This team features Focus Sash Hoopa-Unbound, which can surprise many opponents as it can steal opposing items once its Focus Sash has been used and can hit back hard. Hydreigon was chosen as the teams Choice Scarf user due to being a great revenge killer and can pivot out with U-turn for momentum. Earth Power is used over Dark pulse so it can hit things like Heatran and Tapu Koko which can be annoying for the team to deal with. Krookodile is my Stealth Rock user of choice as it is the fastest Stealth Rock user Dark has and as well has access to Taunt. Bisharp is used due to its great priority (even with the nerf) which the team was lacking, and is a nice win condition that the team has up its sleeves. Greninja has Extrasensory for things like Toxapex and Venusaur-Mega, and has Gunk Shot for things like Tapu Fini and Tapu Bulu. Lastly, Sharpedo-Mega was chosen as it can clean teams in the near end of the game.

Sharpedo-Mega (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Extrasensory
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Bisharp (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Krookodile (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- U-turn

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot

Pretty fun team to use and something I highly recommend using. Enjoy!

SM Mono - Team Showcase
Bulky Offense Fighting

Bulky Offense Fighting

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
Modest Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Autotomize

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish

Cobalion @ Chople Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leech Life
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower
Bulky Fighting Offense on the scene!

Fighting is definitely harder to pull off with the lack of mega-cham and mega-gallade, but even then the rise of electric, fairy, and poison and the surplus of threats that floor fighting like Mega-Metagross don't help either. But this is my attempt at a fighting team in spite of all that.

Infernape is Just a scarfer, and likely a controversial one at that. But I wasn't willing to just auto-surrender to Magearna and Mega-Metagross so here we are. Gunk Shot is an option over U-turn if you want to cement a KO on Tapu Koko (who will basically always lead against fighting in the electric MU). Kommo-O is a special attacker with excellent resistances and bulk that let it check and switch in on several threats the rest of the team can't. Terrakion is terrakion. I mean, it's terrakion. It's breaks the things. It kills the stuff. This set is meant to lure in and kill checks to other physical attackers like Buzzwole: able to cement kills on Mega-Venusaur, Toxapex, Slowbro, Skarmory (if sturdy is broken), Celesteela, and basically anything that doesn't resist (both CC and Stone Edge). Cobalion is a rocker and Psychic/Fairy switch in: volt switch can be used to gain momentum on these threats, or even CC if you want some more sustained damage output. Keldeo is Keldeo. Buzzwole is a fun little scarfer. Unlike heracross the death mosquito has excellent physical bulk for checking the likes of B-drum azumarill and Band-Drill in sand and thus can more easily switch in on Ground/Fighting hits teammates fear. Band is an option if you need more wallbreaking power, but that leaves Infernape as your primary speed control which is dicey at best. Earthquake is also an option if you want to hit poison types SE.​

edit: fixed messed up EVs.

Last edited:

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hello everybody, my name's H.M.N.I.P, and I'm here just because I'm dumping all my monotype builds, as unfortunately my team got knocked out from Eien's Monotype Team tour.
I'm going to be really sincere/honest right now, I decided to join Empo's army in this tour since I thought that this could have been a really nice experience and oh god, it turned out to be a fairly cool pastime since I definetely enjoyed it a lot! What I found really cool was the fact that, even if the team's choices were all similar (Steel, Water, Fairy and Flying were the most used types troughout the entire round 1 tournament), all the builds had something that made them very special, which is absurd if you think about it. I've already experienced some Monotype meta during ORAS, and I've found it funny and a lot playable, but I can easily assure that Sun and Moon's version is funny as hell, so I recommend this meta for all 'new' and unexperienced players like me.

Before I start showing the teams, just let me give a brief thought about this lovely series of games. First of all, I want to congratulate all my opponents for being a really good sport, and for making my run even better than I thought it should have been: you guys were all amazing, I sincerely hope I'll meet again maybe in different metas or tours. Secondly, I just want to be pointing out the amazing job that the host is doing. His professionalism, even if a bit rough, was truly amazing, so we want to give a big thanks to him!

Now, it's time to show my creations that honestly did a really good job during this tournament, as basically I've built 3/4 of the teams used by my team during this tournament:

(this is clickable)

Slowbro-Mega (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Empoleon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Roar

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

Lanturn (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Greninja (F) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
This was probably the team that gave me the best satisfactions. It has been played a lot troughout the tournament. It features a really solid backbone, formed by Lanturn, which covers Electric types, and Empoleon, which covers Grass instead (even this type wasn't that common). This team is also really funny to use as it have 3 solid win-conditions, which are Slowbro-Mega, Manaphy and, sometimes, even Greninja. This last mon in particular is kinda special, since it runs a really cool set. In fact, while building this team, I decided to give it a Choice Band, which is really uncommon. This set is really effective especially because of its ability, Protean, which gives STAB to all its moves, as it changes Greninja's typing. Keldeo was mainly there as I needed a bit of speed control and in general a Dark answer for facilitating a Slowbro setup sweep. Oh, this team also had a perfect score, since it went undefeated during the tour.

Gyarados-Mega (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Lanturn (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Icy Wind

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Empoleon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Roar

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 240 HP / 208 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Moonblast
Looking at it the first time, you might be thinking that this build is similar to the one previously shown. If you were thinking it, well, you're wrong! This team was built with the idea of helping, as best as I could, Mega Gyarados sweeping. Team shows the same backbone as the one before (actually I think it's quite vital since they cover water weaknesses), but this time I added a Tapu Fini as Fighting check, since with Gyarados as star of the team, one resistance, at least, was really important. This time, Greninja's set isn't special as it is the Life Orb's common one. One thing that I would never never change about Greninja is U-Turn, which is a great move, especially in Monotype, as you need a lot of momentum during a game. Decided to run Earthquake on Gyarados over Taunt or Substitute as Electric types are obvioulsy too threatning for the team.

(this is clickable too)

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

Minior-Meteor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shields Down
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Discharge
- Toxic

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Grass Knot
The masterpiece. This one was probably the first time I've built in this tournament, and, probably, the most solid. I took inspiration from a similar ORAS build which had been used a lot between Monotype's community players. I instantly thought that Flying would have been one of the best typing even in Sun and Moon, as it offers a lot of different typings and combinations to use. I also wanted to try Minior, which is a really solid mon. Also as you can see from this 2 replays, it can even sweep teams which aren't well prepared for it: 1,2 (second replay features FlyniumZ Gyarados over MegaZard, but I instantly assumed that Zard would have worked definetely better). This team also features a cool Hazard stacking duo formed by Landorus-I and Skarmory. Zapdos was my mon of choice for clearing the field from hazards with Defog. A really cool set which is included in this team is Mixed Thundurus which has Grass Knot over HP Ice, because it's always nice luring some Pokèmons like Hippowdon, Gastrodon or other bulkies which could easily stop Minior from sweeping.

(by now you should know this is clickable)

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic
- Gravity

Seismitoad (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 100 SpA / 104 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Grass Knot

Mamoswine (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
I'll start explaining this team after I've pointed out an important thing: I've never had the opportunity to bring this team against any opponent. I've used a different team, against Finchinator, which had Zygarde 50%, which was banned in the 4th council 'ban wave'. That team wasn't built by me, so big shoutouts to the creator, that team was really good! I've built my own version and from my point of view I can say that it looks really solid. This team has some really cool techs: first of all Gravity Landorus. This set is a savage, Landorus literally has no good checks in this meta, and even Flying types are threatened by this set, so it's really nice for punching holes in opposing teams. Another cool set is Choice Scarf Mamoswine, which assures speed control and hits really hard due to its high attack stat. Last but not least, Substitute Nidoking. This set was shown to me by Will of Fire, which was using a team built by another friend named Freend (laughing while writing it). Nidoking with its amazing coverage can easily force switches, and that makes it able to Sub up and hit really hard behind it. It is also possible to run Earth Power or even Toxic Spikes, which is even cooler paired with Gravity Lando's support. Backbone in this case is formed by Seismitoad which functions as Water switchin, and Hippowdon, which phazes and provides Sand for Excadrill.

(guess what? it's clickable)

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Kommo-o (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Clanging Scales
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Life
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
This is the team I used 3rd week against Ridley. I've changed set a bit, as the first version of this team had Scarf Buzzwole and no Close Combat Cobalion, which, if I have to be honest, is quite controversial especially for a Fighting type offense. The real star of this team, by the way, is Life Orb Automize Kommo-o, which is a really good threat in Monotype thanks to his really cool and unique typing, piared with its nice movepool. With a 100 base Sp.Atk and the access to moves like Clanging Scales, Focus Blast, Flamethrower and Flash Cannon, Kommo-o shows a really nice and unpredictable coverage for your opponent to deal with. What is really vital while playing with this team is to keep up the momentum, as your main goal with this squad is to give both Kommo-o and Buzzwole free switches for setting up and potentially win the game. It is also important to keep in mind that as this team lacks of a solid momentum-breaker, losing your momentum means that you have to sack at least one mon per time, so I'm suggesting not to play mindlessly, and thinking before making the right move. Terrakion is there for hitting Flying types and for providing speed control. Breloom is the priority user, as Fighting type teams need a solid revengekiller or priority.

(you know what? this one isn't clickable)

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Marowak-Alola (F) @ Thick Club
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 120 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Volcanion @ Grassium Z
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb/Hidden Power Electric

Torkoal (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Lava Plume

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
Even if this team didn't have a really good score, I can definetely say that it has some really cool techs that make the squad really fun to play with! Looking at the backbone, choices seems really forced, as Marowak functions as rocks setter, Rotom-Heat as Ground immunity and Torkoal as spinner. Well, it's true, but I actually really liked the idea of this three together, so I decided for the first time in the tournament to build a team starting from defensive mons. The first thing I noticed in this core was the absence of a water switchin; Volcanion in this case was my choice, but I've decided to show it's true potential with Solar Beam (Torkoal provides sun support), paired with Bloom Doom which blows away every type of check switched on this beast. Not sure about Volcanion's last move as I really like both Sludge Bomb (for faires obvioulsy) or Hidden Power Electric (mainly for mons like Pelliper or Mantine, which are always nice to lure). I was now lacking of a solid speed control mon, so Victini was my idea. It provides momentum, electric coverage, and a 180BP STAB fire move (sometimes under sun too) which totally smashes even hardchecks. Last spot was filled with Mega Charizard X, which is a solid winconditions and an extreme water switchin.

Going to finish tomorrow!

Last edited:
So, I've been encouraged to post "sample" rock here because apparently people think Charge Beam AV Nihilego is good. I can't let THAT stand.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Encore

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Recover
- Mirror Coat

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Flamethrower

Nihilego @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

As standard as Rock gets. This is basically Gen 6 Rock + Nihilego over Diancie, since that's unreleased. The sets are fairly self-explanatory, Shuckle to set up webs, rocks and having a VERY important job of knocking off Scarf Excadrill (seriously, you kinda lose if you don't have knock for when they lead exca, don't run Toxic), Banded Terrakion to wallbreak Steel which luckly isn't using Doublade as often (now running Poison Jab to bait Tapu Bulu into staying in), Rhyperior because fuck Metagross and Mega Scizor (Any well-played Mega Scizor still 6-0s though), Cradily because Scarf Landorus and Water in general exist, AV T-tar with enough investment to take LO Focus Blast from Lando-I (You need 50% dmg on it to KO with CC) and running pursuit to trap the Psychic Dragons, and finally Nihilego running specs to totally destroy Grass after ferro is gone, running Thunderbolt because fuck toxapex, HAS to run Dazzling Gleam otherwise lead Mega Sab 6-0s, and hidden power Ice because I like destroying Flying and because having something to actually OHKO Gliscor and Garchomp is actually really important.

Hope you guys like being able to c-team fire mains with Rock now, have fun playing!

SM Mono - Team Showcase
Trick Room Fairy

Trick Room Fairy

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Horn Leech

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Mimikyu @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw

Just a fun outline for TR Fairy Offense.​
The Team:
- Magearna is an amazing TR setter and abuser, hitting absurdly hard and being absurdly bulky. I alternated between Fairium Z and LO sets (to give Mimikyu the room to run Ghostium). The best thing about Magearna, however, if her ability to pivot to other abusers using Volt Switch.
- Tapu Bulu is an absurd wallbreaker and TR abuser. Horn Leech + Wood Hammer is because I didn't want to make a choice between killing myself wallbreaking and keeping my sustain up if I could help it.
- Sylveon is another excellent TR abuser, hitting extremely hard with specs.
- Tapu Koko is my non-trickroom speed control, because there's no excuse not to run Koko on any fairy team right now IMO. It also cleans admirably once Sylveon/Bulu have poked holes in opposing defensive cores.
- Azumarill is my secondary physical TR abuser. I settled on band to best make use of the limited TR turns.
- Mimikyu is my secondary TR setter, and the most reliable setter in the game. Not only does it have disguise to get off a free TR, but it also has excellent defensive typing, which lets it TR on threats like Landorus or Nidoking who threaten the rest of the team heavily. It's not a TR abuser, however, and runs max speed to outpace other threats like Nidoking.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Terrains are your friend. You can use Electric Terrain to boost Magearna's volt switches and Grassy Terrain to cover Magearna's ground weakness: lets her tank EQs from even the likes of Banded Excadrill.
- Momentum is everything: You don't get many turns per Trick Room, so making the most of them is imperative. You'll have to make hard switches from Mimikyu and Pivot off Magearna to get your abusers in.
Other Options:
- Diancie: If you want Hazards this is your best way to get them. Diancie can also explode for momentum and hazard Fire (which this core struggles with), in exchange for more exploitable typing.
- Primarina: If you want a specs user who is more effective against Steel and Fire than Sylveon, Primarina is a good substitute. She lacks Raw Power, but carries ample coverage. Hop she gets boomburst.
- Belly Drum Azumarill: I settled on band to make the most use of Momentum, but if you need a strong win-con against types you can't simply nuke your way through, B-drum Azumarill functions even on TR.
- Mimikyu Sets: There is plenty of room for variation here, between running taunt or will o wisp or Ghostium or Red Card to gain momentum. I encourage experimentation.​

Last edited:
Hello,

I thought I would share a team that helped me get to top 25 with Electric on a few different occasions (peak, tilt, repeat lol). The meta has changed subtly over the past few weeks so I have made a few small adjustments, but it can easily be tweaked to your preferences (so note that some replays will show slightly different sets).

Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Wild Charge
- U-turn

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot (or Focus Blast/Grass knot)
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Golem-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Galvanize
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Air Balloon (Or choice specs)
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch (Or mirror coat)

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Thunderbolt (Or Discharge/Volt switch)
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

With the prevalence of Steel right now, and therefore things like choiced Excadrill and lots of nasty Ferrothorns, I felt like Magnezone with Magnet Pull was a huge help to get rid of the these threats. Thus, I wanted to use a team revolving around him.

Because using Zone AND a stealth rocker alongside the Koko/Raichu offensive and Rotom/Zapdos defensive cores forces out someone like Thundurus, I decided to go full physical on Koko. His most powerful physical attacks do major recoil, so I didn't want a life orb to compound that (along with switching is hazards are up), and I didn't want Band because of how useful Taunt is on him. I went with Flyinium-Z to get off a extra-powerful 1 time flying nuke that has neither contact nor recoil, either to finish of a weakened threat with a neutral attack, or to hit major threats hard like Volcarona, as well as Mega Venusaur without having to rely solely on Raichu. Example calc: 252 Atk Tapu Koko Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 96+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 268-316 (73.8 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (granted I don't know what most spreads are exactly these days, but you get the picture - a venusaur less than about 80% is usually enough for me to pull the trigger. Conversely you can uturn into specs magnezone to avoid a sludge bomb and put immense pressure on it with flash cannon). Taunt make him a great lead against team with obvious hazard leads like Bug, as you can taunt and then pivot as you see their response, and it also enables him to stop bulky walls or setup mons (Char-X).

Nothing too unusual except utilizing nasty plot. This allows you to punish obvious switches from scared Pokemon and opponents attempting to waste turns of terrain. It also is extremely useful against Normal teams to help get past Duck and Egg since you have no knock off users (watch out for ditto though). Since I am using NP, I went with Timid instead of modest. This allows it to outspeed things like Lando-I and OHKO with HP Ice. You can also switch Psyshock in for Psychic.

I went with max +speed/attack here with a sash. Rocks make matchups with bug/fire/flying and others much easier. Even if if the chip damage isn't much, breaking things like Dragonite's Multiscale and Focus Sash users is of extreme importance. If rocks is not of importance, I tend to save golem as an emergency check for things like Mold Breaker Excadrill (kill with EQ), Megagross (explode), and Mega-Shark (explode). Having a guaranteed nuke to take out something is always nice, plus Golem threatens troublesome mons like Lanturn with EQ, even if its not STAB.

Magnetpull has been a godsend this gen. Specs was working well for me, but air balloon is also a great option. Trap a ferrothorn and boom, wall gone. Trap choiced Excadrill in rockslide (or EQ if balloon), boom, threat gone. Having a steel defensive typing of your own is also great, countering poison weakness to Koko and rock weakness to Zapdos. Flash cannon really helps to chip away at things like Venusaur, Muk, and Cradily that are hard to wear down. It also helps immensely against the Fairy matchup. I gave it just enough speed EVs to outspeed both uninvested 60s like Clefable and also uninvested Celesteela.

This is the basic Specially Defensive Zapdos with speed creep up to 262. With Magnezone there to get rid steels, I figured I could make room for another move on Zapdos and forgo Heat Wave. I ended up just going with toxic, as it is very useful to wear down Ground/Water and Ground/Dragon pokemon, and ones like Tyranitar, that can usually do whatever they want against Zapdos. Another use is in mirror matches to get rid of things like Rotom-W and Zapdos. Finally, it's good to have an emergency check to setup sweepers like Volcarona and Charizard. I had been using volt switch for a long time, but there are times when you really don't want to switch out, especially if you have inflicted toxic against an opponent who can't do much to you, and/or you want to roost/Pressure stall them. So I changed this to Thunderbolt, since Discharge can be counter-productive with Toxic.

Nothing special here either, just the standard physically-defensive Rotom-Wash. It walls things like Sand-Rush Excadrill, Mammoswine, and also threatens things like Azumarill, Mimikyu, Dragonite, and Metagross with burns. Even un-invested hydro pump kills things like Landorus and Hippowdown, and dents non-defensive pokemon pretty decently. Pain split also lets you wall chansey 1v1 if it doesn't carry toxic.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Stall Poison CCAT
Disclaimer- If you want to win battles you shouldn't use this team. For some reason Stall Poison was the most popular choice for a ccat so it was built. Thanks to StarBlim, lunarwizard and others (hammy0, confluxx, misaka mikoto) who helped out in the building of this team in the beginning of the session and tyke for helping test towards the end of the session.

Toxapex @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stockpile
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Nidoqueen @ Payapa Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power

Crobat @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Super Fang
- Defog

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 180 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Slide

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Clear Smog
- Fire Blast

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Toxapex- Toxapex was a pretty obvious start for any poison stall build in Gen 7. We decided to use a Z-Stockpile set on Toxapex as it restores Toxapex's HP to 100% and then raises both its defenses by one stage. The EVs allow toxapex to live a Zen Headbutt from Mega Metagross and then proceed to use Z-Stockpile which allows Toxapex to effectively Stall it out at +1. Scald is very obvious as a choice on this set as it allows us to cripple physical attackers with Scalds secondary effect of burning making Toxapex only that much more annoying to take out. Toxic is to help Toxapex put other pokemon on a timer as it continuously sets up more stockpile and is the only way of poisoning Flying types on this team. Recover obviously lets Toxapex regain 50% of its health allowing it to effectively Toxic Stall and setup its defenses.

Nidoqueen- The teams hazard stack pokemon. Nidoqueen uses the Payapa berry to better take hits from psychic type attacks like Mega Metagrosses Zen Headbutt and chip it with Earth Power or set another layer of hazards. Stealth Rock allows the team to chip flying type pokemon and 2 layers of toxic spikes allows the team to badly poison any grounded nonsteel or poison switch in. Earth Power allows Nidoqueen to hit annoying Steel type pokemon such as Heatran, Mega Metagross and faster flying types on the roost. Finally Taunt allows Nidoqueen to shut down slower hazard to prevent other hazards from getting up or slower defoggers like Skarmory from clearing away hazards.

Crobat- The speed evs allow Crobat to outspeed base 110 pokemon while maximizing Crobats physical bulk. U-turn allows Crobat to pivot into a fatter teammate to tank an attack or to gain momentum and against pokemon like Latios pivot to Muk to pursuit trap Latios. Super Fang clears away half the opposing pokemons health only pushing forward on any toxic or toxic spikes timer while chipping threats to the team. Defog is the teams only way to clear hazards. Crobat was chosen over Golbat simply because its speed allows it to become a more effective defogger and bexause Golbat is awful. Roost obviously allows Crobat to regain gealth and be a good hazard remover through the battle.

Alolan Muk- The EVs on Alolan Muk allow it to always kill Charizard Y with Rock Slide a huge threat to the team while also maximizing its special bulk. Knock Off is great utility on muk as it allows muk to remove annoying choice items or leftovers from the opposing team that could help them win the battle. Pursuot is to trap choice locked pokemon such as Hoopa-Unbound (a huge threat to the team) and severely chunk them. Finally Gunk Shot is Alolan Muks primary stab that has the secondary effect of poisoning the opposing pokemon.

Weezing- Weezing acts as a blanket check to opposing nonsteel setup sweepers as Clear Smog allows Weezing to clear away any stat boosts. Will-O-Wisp just allows weezing to cripple physical attackers making itself and other annoying walls harder to knock out. Pain Split is unfortunately Weezing's only recovery as it evens the HP between itself an the opponents pokemon. Finally Fire Blast allows Weezing to take care of annoying setup sweepers like Mega Scizor and land a 2ohko on Ferrothorn without any investment.

Mega Venusaur- The staple to any poison type team. Leech Seed+Synthesis makes Venusaur a very annoying wall to take down by sapping the opponents 12% of their health a turn then recovering 50% on top. Giga Drain only adds to its insane recovery ability while threatening opposing annoying Ground and Water type pokemon. Sludge Bomb is great stab on Venusaur as it allows it to take care of a good chink of types from fairy to grass types which take very little damage from Giga Drain and are immune to Leech Seed.

Last edited:

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
SM Offensive Bug
What's up Mono? It's ya boi Omega-Xis here to just dump some random ass Offense I made, shouts out to Eien 6ti Misaka Mikoto ChildOfDisorder StarBlim and Vid Some of my favorite, helpful people in the community. Anyways, I've been getting back into things and I thought Bug looked cool, especially with all the Steel around since Bug can just flame and punch its way through that.

Buzzwole @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Leech Life

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Frustration

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Forretress @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab

Tbh not going to leave a huge team description since it's not necessary; all you do is set up webs and go to town, grab a boost when you can. The slow Volt Switcher is nice to bring in something safely. Bold Volc is more common but I've found Sp. Def pretty clutch against Elec especially, since it has a plethora of special attackers. But yeah basically I just wanted to say that I found Bug loads of fun since Buzzwole + Volc gives Steel nightmares, especially an HP Ground variant.

Hope you like it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Last edited:
[Team Showcase]
[SM Monotype]

Drunkenator
(Bulky Offensive Dragon)

Back in late November I, once has overcome the disappointment in Turtonator's movepool and how it had nothing from what I expected it to have, decided to actually put it, its typing and frustrating stats to a good use. The first thing I tried was the Shell Smash set consisting of Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast and Shell Smash with White Herb, i.e. somewhat of a designated Steel killer and sweeper. That didn't end well for me, so I came up with another, physically defensive RestTalk set (Flamethrower, Toxic, Rest, Sleep Talk with Rocky Helmet, as its typing is capable of taking Ice Punches, Play Roughs and contact Steel spam) and actually tried to build a team around it more or less in a way of balance (it was called "Balance(?) Dragon"), but I simply scrapped it few weeks after. Until one day, there was a Core Challenge involving a Dragon team having Garchomp and a freaking Turtonator. Slightly drunk because it was during the New Year night (don't get me wrong, I actually play better while not sober), I took the scrapped team and rebuilt it into something more capable of surviving the ladder (it got to 1453 during that Dragon Core Challenge, I just gave up on going any further). So, here goes it!

h (Turtonator) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Shell Armor
Relaxed Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp

Hugs! (Goodra) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Power Whip

Metal Shark Player (Garchomp) (M) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Titanice (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw

Hydrogenium (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Luster (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Surf

Turtonator: Your physical defense of the team, whose very presence on it lets you go with offensive (Mega) Garchomp and take on troublesome Steel teams easier. Turtonator's selling points over tank Garchomp are lack of disastrous Ice and Fairy weaknesses and Will-Of-The-Freaking-Damn-It-To-Hell-Wisp, as well as resistance to Steel, making it the only defensive Mega Metagross check on Dragon (but watch out for Earthquake, especially with Stealth Rock in play). For moves, Flamethrower is its main attack, Dragon Tail does the phazing job, Will-O-Wisp makes physical attackers easier to deal with, and Earthquake is to catch Heatran off-guard, plus Tapu Koko as a clutch, though it's here mainly due to the lack of good options, and I wouldn't use Turtonator as a primary Heatran check. Rocky Helmet has more viability over Leftovers or Chesto Berry (if you want to try Rest) in a long run.

Goodra: Your special defense of the team. First three moves achieve the good coverage, while the last one is more of a filler. In this team, I opted for Power Whip to get rid of somewhat annoying defensive Water/Grounds getting in the way. Gooey helps the team with opposing Outrage spam, as this team is kind of especially weak to it.

(Mega) Garchomp: Your Stealth Rock setter, plus a decent answer to many defensive cores, such as of Bug, Dark, Flying, Steel and Grass. I'm not a fan of mixed wallbreaker Mega Garchomp set, since it kind of needs all its four attacks, while one of moveslots is occupied by Stealth Rock, so I went with more straightforward, but similarly decent set. Stone Edge and Fire Blast hurt the most of Pokemon capable of taking Earthquake, bar the most of Levitate users and Ground/Flying guys. Swapping Garchompite with something else is not a bad idea, but Garchomp's effectiveness against previously mentioned defensive cores will be hindered.

Kyurem-Black: Your nuke. Pretty straightforward Choice Band set, as otherwise this team stands no chance against classic Normal, besides this team has no shortage of special attackers to be willing to have a specially attacking Kyurem-Black. Dragon Claw serves as a safe strong attack, as this set is very prone to being revenge killed.

Hydreigon: Your revenge killer and momentum grabber. Thank Mega Metagross for making me use this set on every Dragon team so far, since it's the only non-niche offensive check to it on Dragon. Fire Blast avoids mind games with the sick Mega Metagross + Magearna combo and roasts fast Ice-types.

Latios: Your Defogger and special wallbreaker. Surf bops Heatran's Air Balloon, weakens it and does chip weakening damage to the most of other Steel-types, and hits Ground-types without suffering Draco Meteor stat drops, as you may find yourself often switching from Turtonator to Latios due to a Ground-type threatening the former. Life Orb is always usable over Soul Dew, but I prefer Soul Dew for the added effect of bluffing a common Choice Scarf Latios set.

Leading with Hydreigon is never a bad idea, as it has U-turn to focus on switches it often forces by accumulating early momentum for you. From there, bring your answer to the opposing Pokemon via U-turn, preferably Garchomp to set Stealth Rock early. While it's powerful enough to face the most of hazard setters head-on, bringing Latios instead might be a better idea to Defog opposing hazards early while threatening with a strong hit or a straight KO.

If there is a dangerous threat than can be checked only by one Pokemon on your team (Kyurem-Black for Normal Eviolite Core, Goodra for speedy Magearna, Turtonator for Shell Smashed Cloyster, etc.), or it's your main source of threatening the opposing team (like Mega Garchomp for Steel), keep them away from taking damage as much as possible. Don't be hesistant to clear hazards for them even at cost of Latios' life as well.

P.S. this team was built in age of Mega Metagross Steel's reign, so it looks like it's meant to counterteam Steel, and the guide was written when it got banned already. I wouldn't really like to change anything here, though, as this team wasn't even half bad against anything else. Anyway, have fun using it! :3

Last edited:
Sup yall I wanted to show yall some fuckery that I have been using lately that is very matchup dependent aka auto loses to ghost/dark and things like hoopa.

Stall psychic kek
h
BAN ME PLS (Slowbro) @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Iron Defense
- Slack Off

XAA (Xatu) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Protect

LEL (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

KEK (Gothitelle) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Rest
- Thunder Wave
- Trick

Like I said very matchup reliant but is a fun team to mess around with. Basically u wanna keep hazards off with Xatu, burn shit with mew and trap anything annoying with goth then continue to pp stall it. Eventually u want to sweep with slowbro. Like I said this is a very matchup reliant team n i originally wanted to build the team around reflect type mega latias but alas it's still unreleased. You could put a latias somewhere on this team for a semi decent electric resist since topu koku runs through this but ya. Other than that this is real annoying to play against and over all fucks with some of the better types in mono.

Last edited:
On request of MiyoKa here is my S/M Water Stall.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 116 HP / 218 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Mantine @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog
- Air Slash

Azubola (Azumarill) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 122 Def / 4 SpA / 130 SpD
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Toxic

If anyone suggests sap sipper Azu they obviously didn't read my RMT

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
On request of MiyoKa here is my S/M Water Stall.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 116 HP / 218 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Mantine @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog
- Air Slash

Azubola (Azumarill) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 122 Def / 4 SpA / 130 SpD
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Toxic

If anyone suggests sap sipper Azu they obviously didn't read my RMT
Thoughts on using Sap Sipper Azumarill?

Team Showcase
SM Monotype
Sample Hyper Offense Dragon team.

I don't have much to comment on this. I just had to post this because there's only one Dragon team in the Monotype Bazaar site speaking of which, why my Turtonator Dragon team is still not posted? and that one is quite outdated. This one is just somewhat easier to use as well.
Latias @ Roseli Berry
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Superpower

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball

Latias: The main supporter of the team. Roseli Berry combined with Thunder Wave will help you with all these annoying Fairies or Pokemon with decent Fairy attacks running rampant in the meta (I'm looking at you, scarfed Nihilego, disgusting spawn of Game Freak). Defog hazards away and don't hesistate to sacrifice her with Healing Wish once her main job is done.

Dragonite: Your set up sweeper and priority user, who also happens to be somewhat hectic for Psychic teams to face if it uses Dragon Dance set. Jolly nature is prefered to outspeed Tapu Koko at +1 and scarfed Latios with Modest Kingdra in rain at +2.

Garchomp: The Stealth Rock setter and a threat to defensive cores of Bug, Dark, Flying, Grass and Steel, so stick to preserving it in the said matchups. Otherwise, it's not your primary wallbreaker so feel free to sack it once Stealth Rock is set.

Kyurem-Black: Your physical wallbreaker. Icium Z with Freeze Shock offsets the lack of Choice Band power most of the time, while the freedom of moves lets you bluff Choice Band or Choice Scarf set. However, you're always free to run actual Choice Band set instead.

Hydreigon: Your special wallbreaker. Superpower deals major damage to Chansey, Tyranitar and Cradily and in combination with Flamethrower threatens everything slower on Steel-type teams.

Latios: Your revenge killer and speed control. Shadow Ball hits Jirachi (mainly for Choice Scarf sets) and eases Psychic matchup a bit. Energy Ball avoids mindgames against Water teams featuring a Water/Fairy type. Hidden Power Fire is to handle Alolan Sandslash even in hail.

Latias: Draco Meteor or Ice Beam (synergizes better with Thunder Wave) over Psyshock, but then Psyshock over Shadow Ball or Energy Ball on Latios. Tailwind over Thunder Wave. Any other supportive set depending on your preferences.
Dragonite: Choice Band set, but then Choice Scarf set on Kyurem-Black.
Garchomp: Focus Sash, Haban Berry (make sure to get Dragon Claw) over Garchompite.
Kyurem-Black: Choice Band set with Dragon Claw over Freeze Shock. Choice Scarf set, but then Choice Band set on Dragonite.
Hydreigon: SpA+ nature if Mimikyu doesn't concern you. Choice Specs set (swap Superpower with Flash Cannon then). Flash Cannon or Roost over Superpower, Fire Blast over Flamethrower.
Latios: Psyshock, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt or Trick over Shadow Ball or Energy Ball.

Last edited:
SM Balanced Ghost
GhostIsGreatAgain

Kinda made me sad the only ghost teams I saw were a stall and the other 2 had doublade :/
Memekyu (Mimikyu) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Kagè (Gengar) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Turn up the Heat (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz

Soul Stealer (Sableye-Mega) @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Protect

Pringles (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Acid Armor
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Jack-O-Wall (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Gengar: scarf is a pretty unquie set no one expects it. it's really good at revenge killing and it outspeeds (almost) everything +2 adament gyarados mega, tapu koko, scarf victini, +1 sharpedo mega and etc. Sludge wave and shadow ball for stab. Dazzling gleam for those pesky dark types. Focus blast for dark and steel types but another option instead of that is energy ball/thunderbolt for water types
Mimikyu: life orb and swords dance to OHKO stuffs playrough at +2 attack OHKO mandibuzz. Shadow sneak for priority and shadow claw for dealing with slowbro
Marowak-alola: thick club making it a power house and lightning rod to have a switch in to electric fun times it's bulky enough to live +1 hp ground from volcarona dual stab with shadow bone and flare blitz earthquake for toxapex
Sableye mega: WoW and recover standard mega eye stuff. Protect because I was finding 0 use for calm mind and it's nice scouting out scarfs easy mega and pp stalling. Knock off for damage and overall utility knock off lefties to make burn actually do something q-q
Jellicent: amazing status with toxic/scald plus recover to well recover acid armour paired with it's amazing sp defence and cursed body for those choiced mons
Gourgeist-super: amazing physical wall with an ability to check the item. WoW to boost that and seedbomb for damage covers ghosts weakness of ground pretty well Synthsis for recovery and leech seed to help recover hp to marowak or what ever.

Protect sableye for scarfers easy mega and pp stalling

Last edited:
Here's a little HO Steel Team I've been playing around with.

SM Mono - Team Showcase
Celesteela Hyper Offensive Steel

Celesteela HO Steel

Fuck Ground (Celesteela) @ Flyium Z
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Fuck Dark (Magearna) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Fuck Everyone (Skarmory) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Fuck Fire (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Fuck Psychic (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Fuck Electric (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
Celesteela
is the pokemon I wanted to try building a team around, as while it's defensive clout has been explored on balanced flying and steel teams I felt it's offensive potential might offer something to those types previously lacked. In this case, Celesteela is a strong wincondition against water, ground, bug, and fighting with it's combination of grass, fire, and flying coverage. I run enough speed to outpace base 80s uninvested when unboosted, and outspeed most of the unboosted metagame after an automatize, putting the rest into HP.

Magearna
is an excellent wallbreaker for poking holes in teams. Fleur is the STAB of choice, with E-ball and Volt Switch providing coverage against water and ground, while Focus Blast hits bulky steels hard. Focus Blast is chosen over Aura Sphere because the latter simply misses out on too many KOs on key steel types, like Heatran or Ferrothorn.

Skarmory
is a small spin on the existing custap suicide lead set, instead using weak armor + focus sash to provide the same capacity to set hazards. Taunt helps Skarmory shut down other hazard setters/removers and Brave Bird keeps her from being completely passive.

Heatran
is Heatran. Fire Immunity, special attacker, and interestingly secondary rock setter on my team. Running rocks on two pokemon may seem redundant, but as this team does not utilize bisharp or doublade to deter opposing hazard removal, being able to toss up rocks multiple times helps a lot against types like flying, fire, bug, and dragon.

Scizor-Mega
is my main physical sweeper, running the standard HO set with dual STABs and superpower. Max speed to get the drop on speedier defensive pokemon like Mandibuzz, Zapdos, Rotom-wash, etc.

Excadrill
is my scarf, blanket fire/electric check and rapid spinner. As basic as basic gets.

Threats:
- Strong Setup is scary, since this team does not run the standard Whirlwind Skarmory. Without being able to phase strong set up sweepers like Azumarill or Gyarados, you must instead focus on applying offensive pressure to keep these threats from setting up. Z-Belly Drum Azumarill is a particular thorn in my side, as it has a strong chance to OHKO the entire team and only Magearna can OHKO it before it sets up.
- Fire Teams are just... best of luck. Set up rocks, multiple times if necessary, and use Heatran and Excadrill wisely.
- Water Spam is difficult to deal with without ferrothorn, and must also be dealt with offensively. Leverage Magearna and Celesteela effectively.

Other Options:
- Bloom Doom Heatran is an option over air balloon, since you have a secondary ground immunity in Celesteela. This will help you peg bulky water types and keep threats like Azumarill from boosting freely on you and sweeping the entire team.
- Physical Celesteela with Heavy Slam / Earthquake / Acrobatics or Stone Edge is also an option, as these attacks sport much higher power than their special counterparts. Keep in mind that this set finds a fair number more checks on most types, like Ferrothorn, Skarmory, etc.
- Shift Gear Magearna will work well on this team. I reccommend keeping the electric coverage, and running Fairium-Z for your nuking potential. Flash Cannon can be run over Focus Blast or Aura Sphere.
- Fire Blast and Energy Ball on Celesteela can be run over Flamethrower and Giga Drain if you prefer to gamble with power. The extra power can help Celesteela plow through Flying Resists with less issue, but you sacrifice the recovery that makes it so difficult for ground to deal with.
- Flyium Z Celesteela is an option if you need a little more power to get started.

Last edited:
Here's a little HO Steel Team I've been playing around with.

SM Mono - Team Showcase
Celesteela Hyper Offensive Steel

Celesteela HO Steel

Fuck Ground (Celesteela) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Fuck Dark (Magearna) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Fuck Everyone (Skarmory) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Fuck Fire (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Fuck Psychic (Scizor) @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Fuck Electric (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
Celesteela
is the pokemon I wanted to try building a team around, as while it's defensive clout has been explored on balanced flying and steel teams I felt it's offensive potential might offer something to those types previously lacked. In this case, Celesteela is a strong wincondition against water, ground, bug, and fighting with it's combination of grass, fire, and flying coverage. Weakness Policy was something I was trying out to capitalize on weak volt switches, HP fires, or other non-STAB fire and electric moves that teams rely upon to take Celesteela down. I run enough speed to outpace base 80s uninvested when unboosted, and outspeed most of the unboosted metagame after an automatize, putting the rest into HP.

Magearna
is an excellent wallbreaker for poking holes in teams. Fleur is the STAB of choice, with E-ball and Volt Switch providing coverage against water and ground, while Focus Blast hits bulky steels hard. Focus Blast is chosen over Aura Sphere because the latter simply misses out on too many KOs on key steel types, like Heatran or Ferrothorn.

Skarmory
is a small spin on the existing custap suicide lead set, instead using weak armor + focus sash to provide the same capacity to set hazards. Taunt helps Skarmory shut down other hazard setters/removers and Brave Bird keeps her from being completely passive.

Heatran
is Heatran. Fire Immunity, special attacker, and interestingly secondary rock setter on my team. Running rocks on two pokemon may seem redundant, but as this team does not utilize bisharp or doublade to deter opposing hazard removal, being able to toss up rocks multiple times helps a lot against types like flying, fire, bug, and dragon.

Scizor-Mega
is my main physical sweeper, running the standard HO set with dual STABs and superpower. Max speed to get the drop on speedier defensive pokemon like Mandibuzz, Zapdos, Rotom-wash, etc.

Excadrill
is my scarf, blanket fire/electric check and rapid spinner. As basic as basic gets.

Threats:
- Strong Setup is scary, since this team does not run the standard Whirlwind Skarmory. Without being able to phase strong set up sweepers like Azumarill or Gyarados, you must instead focus on applying offensive pressure to keep these threats from setting up. Z-Belly Drum Azumarill is a particular thorn in my side, as it has a strong chance to OHKO the entire team and only Magearna can OHKO it before it sets up.
- Fire Teams are just... best of luck. Set up rocks, multiple times if necessary, and use Heatran and Excadrill wisely.
- Water Spam is difficult to deal with without ferrothorn, and must also be dealt with offensively. Leverage Magearna and Celesteela effectively.

Other Options:
- Bloom Doom Heatran is an option over air balloon, since you have a secondary ground immunity in Celesteela. This will help you peg bulky water types and keep threats like Azumarill from boosting freely on you and sweeping the entire team.
- Physical Celesteela with Heavy Slam / Earthquake / Acrobatics or Stone Edge is also an option, as these attacks sport much higher power than their special counterparts. Keep in mind that this set finds a fair number more checks on most types, like Ferrothorn, Skarmory, etc.
- Shift Gear Magearna will work well on this team. I reccommend keeping the electric coverage, and running Fairium-Z for your nuking potential. Flash Cannon can be run over Focus Blast or Aura Sphere.
- Fire Blast and Energy Ball on Celesteela can be run over Flamethrower and Giga Drain if you prefer to gamble with power. The extra power can help Celesteela plow through Flying Resists with less issue, but you sacrifice the recovery that makes it so difficult for ground to deal with.
- Flyium Z Celesteela is an option if you need a little more power to get started.
You have hp on sash skarm and for some reason 248 speed on scizor, assuming those are both accidental so just letting you know :toast:

Oras Mono - Team Showcase
Aurorus Ice

Might as well add this most successful ice team there has ever been ;]
Original link to the thread here

The Legendary Turn 1 play XD

Kyurem-AfroAmerican (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Money$wine (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Endeavor

Spiny Shell (Cloyster) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Naive Nature
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash

Ikea Coffee Table (Avalugg) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Aurorurirura (Aurorus) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Encore

Shit Intensifies (Glalie) @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Ice Shard
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Last edited:
The Legendary Ghost teams of gen 6 #Gen6BestGen
The Garry's Spooky Squad (balanced) Peak 1739

Kage (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Amaterasu (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Soul Snatcher (Sableye) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Titan (Golurk) @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Pringles (Jellicent) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Acid Armor
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Gengar the main attack power with life orb sludge wave and shadow ball for dual stab and focus blast for coverage it's a good check to bisharp with destiny bond and focus blast
Chandelure ability: infiltrator, item is choice scarf a good diance check with the ability to go through subs and screens good check to mega scizor with flamethrower for 100% accuracy shadow ball for stab also a for victini and energy ball for coverage and those pesky water and ground types and trick for giving the scarf to chansey
Golurk Ability: no guard, item is sash. the stealth rock setter with dynamic punch for confuse hax. Stone edge and ice punch for Flying and dragons. A nice resort to deal with hoopa-u hope rocks aren't up.
Sableye ability: prankster, item is leftovers. The main glue to ghost with WoW and recover for physical attackers taunt for like chansey and stop rocks. Foul play is amazing it's another check to bisharp with WoW. It lives a Vcrate from victini and OHKO it only way to get to Sableye is through secondary attacks and special attacks. Also speed creep for other sableyes
Jellicent ability: cursed body item is leftovers with the ability to be able to stall out a whole team with acid armour scald/toxic and recover it makes people hate ghost (poor ghost never got any love.) against ground rock Ss water(besides poitoad with toxic) and dragon (without specs hydriegon) it can easily set up and win hoping for no crits.
Gourgeist-super Ability:Frisk, item leftovers frisk allows me to scout out hoopa-u item or other mons. An amazing counter to sand rush excadrill. Also gets 3hko against dragonite outrage which it should have enough time to WoW. It lives Crunch from sharpedo and +1 mega gyarados crunch. Leech seed for recovery and can be passed to Golurk or over mons. Synthsis for recovery also.

CCGH8 Winner
I won the whole cycle with this team (balanced) Peak 1707

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Hoopa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Taunt

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Acid Armor
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Only going to go over hoopa because it's the same team but different wall breakers
Hoopa item is specs breaking down walls like no ones business psyshock and shadow ball dual stab thunderbolt for water/flying and focus blast for normal and steel. I prefer this team over the one above against electric grass normal poison and flying.

Last edited:

AbrarWasee

formerly Train All
Here's a simple BO team I've been having fun with.
SM Mono- Team Showcase
Mono Steel Hazard Stacking BO

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Magearna-Original @ Fairium Z
Timid Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Shift Gear
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Protect

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

This is a pretty neat Steel team which I've had a lot of fun with so I thought I should post it here.

I started off with Heatran as it is a must for every Steel team due to it's unique typing and amazing ability in Flash Fire, thus it can take on Fire types which gives Steel teams trouble. It gives it the ability to switch in ground attacks which is pretty neat. Lava Plume is pretty spammable, Earth Power for Pokemons like Toxapex and Volcanion, Stone Edge for Volcarona, Talonflame and Mega Charizard-Y. Naive nature to not reduce Stone Edge's power.

I added Magearna here as it helps Heatran to deal with Pokemons it struggles with such as Mega Sableye, while Magearna enjoys Heatran's ability to switch in Fire types. Shift Gear gives me a late game sweeper. Fairium Z gives Magearna a strong one time nuke thus starting a sweep by unlocking Soul-Heart. Aura Sphere enables it get past Steel types. Thunderbolt provides good coverage against Pokemons like Skarmory, Celesteela and Toxapex.

Next I added Skarmory as it has good synergy with Heatran, most notably as Skarmory can switch into Ground type attacks aimed at it. Stealth Rock gives me hazard support, and Skarmory is a good setter of it as it can always set it up due to Sturdy. Whirlwind for phazing setup sweers and has good synergy with Stealth Rock for racking up damage. Roost provides Skarmory with recovery. Brave Bird prevents Skarmory from being a complete Taunt bait, and can hit opposing Fighting types supereffectively. Rocky Helmet punishes physical attackers and U-turn and works quite well with Skarmory's good Defense stat.

Celesteela is the Specially Defensive counterpart of Skarmory. It also has good coverage and access to Beast Boost means it can be annoying to be taken down. Leech Seed and Leftovers is Celesteela's only source of recovery. Protect lets it scout enemy moves and potential lures and provides additional recovery. It works quite good with Leech Seed. Heavy Slam hits quite hard as Celesteela is pretty heavy and is it's main attack. Earthquake damages Steel and Electric types.

Ferrothorn is a great addition by this point as it lets the team deal with Azumarill. It is the team's only check to Water types and thus Heatran don't have to run Grassium Z. Leech Seed and Protect provides good chip damage and recovery. Power Whip hits most Steel and Ground types hard. Ferrothorn is a great setter of Spikes due to it's good mixed bulk and thus gives the team additional damage. Maximum HP with 76 Defense allows it to survive a Close Combat from from Terrakion and Heracross. The rest of it is invested in SpD with a to tank Special attacks more efficiently.

Excadrill is added to provide hazard removal since Defog seems pretty weird with Spikes and it also gives the team some speed. It is great for killing Fire types as this team is pressured heavily by them. Earthquake and Iron Head are the stabs. Rock Slide lets it deal with Mega Charizard-Y which can be a nuisance to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)