Muk @ Choice Band
Ability: Sticky Hold/Poison Touch
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch/ Shadow Sneak
- Fire Punch/ Shadow Sneak
- Sleep Talk

Sleep Talk lets you switch into Roselia, Tangela, Jumpluff, and even Butterfree reliably and not worry about being put to sleep. While CroMuk can already switch in and take a Sleep Powder from all of these, this set gives you immediate power and lets you keep your coverage. Could also work for being sleep fodder vs lead Smeargle.

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Curse
- Rest
- Infestation

Cool little idea I thought might work. Trap a defensive mon that can't touch you (maybe something like Audino on a Wish), boost up to +6 (assuming the Audino doesn't have Encore), and proceed to spam +6 Poison Jabs. The cool part is that I'm pretty sure that this set beats non-Zen Headbutt Metang if you Curse on the switch (EQ to +1 Muk does about 40% max, 30% to +2) and don't get haxed. Rest where necessary and continue spamming +6 Jabs. You could also run Chesto Berry in order to make sure that muk can boost, rest, and keep boosting immediately, but Black Sludge is probably better here.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold / Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Gunk Shot / Poison Jab
- Focus Punch

Muk forces a number of switches to Pokemon such as Probopass, Metang, Mawile, etc which is a good opportunity to get a free Substitute off and whittle down bulky physical walls such as Pelipper and Gourgeist-XL with Toxic. Focus Punch goes well with Substitute and does a good amount to Poison resists bar opposing Muk, Arbok, etc and can set up on defensive Mawile as uninvested Play Rough won't break Muk's Substitute and you can still do about 30% to a defensive Mawile with Focus Punch even at -1 Attack though SD variants are more difficult to deal with.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus

Smeargle @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Dark Void

/me use bad set

The EVs allow Smeargle to live Monferno's Adamant Eviolite Mach Punch, which would mean it would get to put it to sleep and do nothing else. This set is pretty bad when it doesn't work (aka they have a taunt user or priority user), but if they are more of a defensively inclined team then it is easier to set up. The idea of this set is to use Dark Void and maybe Substitute to pass to a fast teammate for them to sleep. Examples of decent mons to pass to are Leafeon and Jumpluff because they are pretty fast, but decently bulky so they can take a hit when you pass to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)