Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Post 12000!

AOPSUser, take Rival the Gible! Rival is rivals with its counterpart, Axew, in Unova. It wants to distinguish itself from the single-typed dragon, and this means that whenever it enters a battle, it may not use a Dragon-type move the first turn it's out.

Additionally, Haxorus has the word "hax" in it. Can't have that now, can we? Rival may not use any moves that have less than 100% Accuracy or have a chance of otherwise failing.

Solo Byron to evolve into Gabite. Rival wants to show it can beat Steel-types.

Finally, Rival thinks that unlike the Axew family, it can withstand the bitter cold... That's right. Solo 3 Trainer owned Ice-types to get Garchomp.
Accepted!
inb4 hours of raging at hax

acidphoenix sorry, but I won't be able to get you that scramblemon for your scramble.

AOPSUser Would giving you a Scyther be ok? It may need a trade evolution, but it does not have its BST change.

BTW, I still need 3 pokemon for my White 2 Scramble.

acidphoenix sorry, but I won't be able to get you that scramblemon for your scramble.

AOPSUser Would giving you a Scyther be ok? It may need a trade evolution, but it does not have its BST change.

BTW, I still need 3 pokemon for my White 2 Scramble.
Yeah, I can trade to evolve (or just use Scyther the entire time).

For your White 2 Scramble, take Clutch the Sewaddle. Clutch is, as the name suggests, a clutch fighter. As such, it may not use attacking moves unless it is either below half health or a teammate (not HM slave) is fainted, in which case it must only use attacking moves. It must always switch in for a fainted teammate, unless this conflicts with another solo, and fight the enemy Pokemon until one of them is KOed.

Clutch doesn't believe in using items to get out of sticky situations, so whenever it is able to use an attacking move, it may not use items (you can still throw Pokeballs).

To evolve into Leavanny, Clutch must solo a Gym Leader whose type is super-effective against it (Roxie, Burgh, Skyla). This solo is optional; it must be done as a Swadloon to count, and you may not evolve unless you do it. If you choose to solo Skyla, Clutch loses its restrictions for the rest of the run. Unless you choose to solo Skyla, solo one of each Elite Four member's Pokemon (unless this conflicts with another solo).

Yeah, I can trade to evolve (or just use Scyther the entire time).

For your White 2 Scramble, take Clutch the Sewaddle. Clutch is, as the name suggests, a clutch fighter. As such, it may not use attacking moves unless it is either below half health or a teammate (not HM slave) is fainted, in which case it must only use attacking moves. It must always switch in for a fainted teammate, unless this conflicts with another solo, and fight the enemy Pokemon until one of them is KOed.

Clutch doesn't believe in using items to get out of sticky situations, so whenever it is able to use an attacking move, it may not use items (you can still throw Pokeballs).

To evolve into Leavanny, Clutch must solo a Gym Leader whose type is super-effective against it (Roxie, Burgh, Skyla). This solo is optional; it must be done as a Swadloon to count, and you may not evolve unless you do it. If you choose to solo Skyla, Clutch loses its restrictions for the rest of the run. Unless you choose to solo Skyla, solo one of each Elite Four member's Pokemon (unless this conflicts with another solo).
Something nice, simple, yet difficult. Accepted!

Anyways, you may have Masamune the Scyther.
Masamune is a villainous, roguish knave, who attacks everything in its path. Whenever Masamune is sent out, it must ko a Pokemon before it is "sheathed" (switched). Masamune is more interested in defeating foes than anything else, so Masamune must only use physical attacks, with the exception of Swords Dance. (Yeah, this isn't too much of a challenge itself.) However, it takes great pleasure in lengthening the suffering of others, so Masamune may never use super-effective attacks. Despite being so evil, Masamune values honour, and insists your party do the same, so, to keep things fair, You may never use healing items on your party once you obtain Masamune. Finally, you may never evolve Masamune.

However, once you obtain Masamune, you may choose to instead evolve it into Scizor. In that case, instead, name it Murasame. Murasame is the epitome of chivalry, and demands the same of your party. As such, once you obtain Murasame, you may never use healing items on your party. Furthermore, your party may never have held items, excluding any Scramble requirements. Also, Murasame does not believe in undue fighting, so You may only send out Murasame if an ally is fainted or lowered below half health in one attack. Finally, to be able to protect the party, Murasame must learn Iron Defense ASAP, and use it the first turn it is out.

Either way you choose, Masamune/Murasame must solo Cyrus. They must prove that they are the greatest evil/good always overcomes evil.

Is it too easy? Too hard? I can change it if it is.

Something nice, simple, yet difficult. Accepted!

Anyways, you may have Masamune the Scyther.
Masamune is a villainous, roguish knave, who attacks everything in its path. Whenever Masamune is sent out, it must ko a Pokemon before it is "sheathed" (switched). Masamune is more interested in defeating foes than anything else, so Masamune must only use physical attacks, with the exception of Swords Dance. (Yeah, this isn't too much of a challenge itself.) However, it takes great pleasure in lengthening the suffering of others, so Masamune may never use super-effective attacks. Despite being so evil, Masamune values honour, and insists your party do the same, so, to keep things fair, You may never use healing items on your party once you obtain Masamune. Finally, you may never evolve Masamune.

However, once you obtain Masamune, you may choose to instead evolve it into Scizor. In that case, instead, name it Murasame. Murasame is the epitome of chivalry, and demands the same of your party. As such, once you obtain Murasame, you may never use healing items on your party. Furthermore, your party may never have held items, excluding any Scramble requirements. Also, Murasame does not believe in undue fighting, so You may only send out Murasame if an ally is fainted or lowered below half health in one attack. Finally, to be able to protect the party, Murasame must learn Iron Defense ASAP, and use it the first turn it is out.

Either way you choose, Masamune/Murasame must solo Cyrus. They must prove that they are the greatest evil/good always overcomes evil.

Is it too easy? Too hard? I can change it if it is.
I'm generally a bit leery of Scyther challenges on Hard Scrambles (for instance, in HeartGold I had a Scyther that never used healing items and had to solo Jasmine and Brock, and it was easily my MVP). That said, I'll accept it for now, though I'll probably have to limit my usage of it during the run.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm looking for a Very Hard Platinum Scramble with two caveats:
-All Pokemon must be able to reach their final evolution by the time I fight Cynthia
-I reserve the right to deny any challenge that is too tedious (eg. solo Fantina with a Wurmple) and/or requires too much grinding.
Go nuts.
Preparing for Sinnoh remakes eh?

Catch Wrestler the Happiny.
Wrestler aims to be a professional wrestler. Everyone always told Wrestler that she's too weak, but because the only damaging move she knows is Pound, she believes that she was meant to be a wrestler.

Wrestler needs to practice! For this reason, it may only know (/use) Tough moves! Additionally, it wants to solo all Battle Girls, to prove that she is the best fighter! After solo'ing one Battle Girl, she may evolve into Chansey.

Wrestler must solo Maylene to evolve into Blissey, for the same reason that she has to battle Battle Girls. (I think it is possible, reach Route 212 via Pastoria. If it isn't possible, then solo Byron if you want to evolve it.)

If Wrestler is knocked out by a physical move, she must be revived immediately and solo the Pokemon that knocked her out, if you have any revival items. You must make sure that they are bought in Eterna City. If, after getting access to Eterna City, Wrestler is ever not immediately revived, she must solo a gym leader / elite four member / rival fight / galactic boss fight / champion fight of your choice.

Good luck; have fun spamming X-Items against Maylene, while she is using Fake Out.

Last edited:
Preparing for Sinnoh remakes eh?

Catch Wrestler the Happiny.
Wrestler aims to be a professional wrestler. Everyone always told Wrestler that she's too weak, but because the only damaging move she knows is Pound, she believes that she was meant to be a wrestler.

Wrestler needs to practice! For this reason, it may only know (/use) Tough moves! Additionally, it wants to solo all Battle Girls, to prove that she is the best fighter! After solo'ing one Battle Girl, she may evolve into Chansey.

Wrestler must solo Maylene to evolve into Blissey, for the same reason that she has to battle Battle Girls. (I think it is possible, reach Route 212 via Pastoria. If it isn't possible, then solo Byron if you want to evolve it.)

If Wrestler is knocked out by a physical move, she must be revived immediately and solo the Pokemon that knocked her out, if you have any revival items. You must make sure that they are bought in Eterna City. If, after getting access to Eterna City, Wrestler is ever not immediately revived, she must solo a gym leader / elite four member / rival fight / galactic boss fight / champion fight of your choice.

Good luck; have fun spamming X-Items against Maylene, while she is using Fake Out.
Happiny is, AFAIK, Backlot-only in Trophy Garden, which is post-Nat Dex. And Luck Incense requires Surf.

Change it to Chansey and I'll accept.

EDIT: Accepted

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Happiny is, AFAIK, Backlot-only in Trophy Garden, which is post-Nat Dex. And Luck Incense requires Surf.

Change it to Chansey and I'll accept.
I didn't realise that, and I won't force you to breed a Chansey, so just do Chansey yeah.

Scrap the evolution by Battle Girl thing (but you still have to solo 'em if you fight 'em), still do the evolution by Maylene.

Hi! I recently got my hands on Soul Silver for the first time in about 5 years, and I want to scramble!

I cannot trade. I want it to be pretty hard, but not. . . ridiculously hard? Basically, I want variety. I always have a rut in replays.

I'd prefer it if I'm not forced to use an HM slave. Pokemon that can use HMs, and movepools that allow for HMs to be put in, is preferred. . . but it's also a challenge, so I guess just give me what you want. :)

I think I'll return tomorrow or the day after. I finished almost anything I had to do in Moon, so I need to do something else, or at least something that's not Stardew Valley (I still don't know how that game is addictive).

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Looking for a FR/LG (I can do either) scramble, reasonable difficulty. No trading since I'm using an emulator and I'm lazy. Will accept the first 3-6 mons unless they're really dumb. Nicknames are fun!

1)
sin(pi) take Farfetch'd (can't rename it).

This Farfetch'd believes in the power of hax. Using hax, it believes it can get through any enemy (and it's not wrong). Thus, it must always hold a hax-inducing item, whether it is Evasion-increasing (Brightpowder, Lax Incense), flinch-causing (King's Rock), or crit-boosting (Scope Lens, Stick). Additionally, it may never forget the two hax-causing moves it learns, Sand-Attack and Slash. Also, whenever it is sent out, you must immediately use a Dire Hit on it, unless you don't have one (you don't have to buy one in that case).

Farfetch'd believes that through hax, it can power through any enemy. Have it solo Lt. Surge.

Despite Farfetch'd wanting to hax its opponents to death, it wants to risk nothing itself. Its Keen Eye ability helps, but it wants to take no chances. While it is in your party, none of your Pokemon may use any attack that has lower than 100% accuracy, and if any of your Pokemon's accuracy gets dropped, you must use an X-Accuracy to rectify this, unless you don't have one, in which case you must go buy at least ten.
2)
Take Charity the Zubat. As his name implies, Charity loves to share and donate anything that he has to those in need. He believes that the PokeMart isn't doing so well, so he wants to donate all he can to them. As long as Charity is a Zubat, whenever you defeat a trainer clear a "route" (inc caves, gyms, etc), you must take the victory money that you received, travel to the nearest PokeMart and spend as much money as you possibly can on the most expensive items. This does not count towards the mall in Celadon City. Charity is also always wanting to donate, so you cannot drop him in the PC or release him during any point of your journey.

Charity cannot evolve into Golbat unless it solos Erika's gym. After doing so, he will be able to evolve into a Golbat. As a Golbat he is less charitable, so you no longer have to use your trainer money if you don't want to. Charity is pleased with defeating a gym on his own, so as a Golbat you cannot use him in any future gym battles.
3)
sin(pi) take Frozen the Grimer, based off the myth of blue ice.
  • Frozen thinks he's an Ice/Flying type, and refuses to believe otherwise. For all calculations involving typing, treat Frozen as an Ice/Flying type instead of the Poison type he actually is.
  • Solo a Giovanni battle of your choice to evolve to Muk. After all, he's the Ground-type Gym Leader. You don't have to solo all three Giovanni battles, just one of your choice. However...
  • After evolving to Muk, you may not use Frozen in battle or use the EXP Share on him until you fight Moltres. Solo Moltres and you can once again use Frozen.
So this leaves a question: Do you keep Frozen as a Grimer into the late-game to get levels? Or do you evolve him in the mid-game, only to be unable to use him until Victory Road?

Too easy? Solo more than one of the legendary birds. Too hard? Replace the Moltres solo with a Zapdos or Articuno solo.
4)
Take Shame the Growlithe. Shame hates the fact that it is an Fire-type, and will be unwilling to use Fire-type moves. It doesn't want to have a type advantage, so Shame will refuse to fight any Bug, Grass, Steel, or Ice types. In addition, Shame panics once it's Static ability activates, and must switch out if it accidentally paralyses a foe. To truly come to terms with its typing, Shame must solo Blaine. After this battle, Shame may evolve into Arcanine. However, this only further intensifies Shame's hatred of its type, forcing it to have to beat all Fire types you face which aren't being soloed by another mon. Shame must solo all of the Giovanni fights Frozen does not fight in. Lastly, Shame must solo Moltres.

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
(sorry for doublepost but it doesn't alert otherwise)
I'm looking for a Very Hard Platinum Scramble with two caveats:
-All Pokemon must be able to reach their final evolution by the time I fight Cynthia
-I reserve the right to deny any challenge that is too tedious (eg. solo Fantina with a Wurmple) and/or requires too much grinding.
Go nuts.
You don't have any early game mons, so...
Take Autotune the (male) Kricketot! Autotune is very unfortunate, he's completely tone deaf! This means that he cannot learn any sound based moves other than Growl, which must always remain on his moveset. Growl must be the first move used in every battle; if it runs out of PP, you must use Ethers etc, or backtrack. Autotune is jealous of other musicians, so must solo every Guitarist, every Chatot, and every Kricketune you encounter. In addition, if another mon uses Sing, Autotune must immediately switch in and KO that mon.
As a result of his jealousy, Autotune is something of a lone ranger, at first. Once you catch him (and you should do so as soon as possible), he must solo the game up until you leave Eterna Forest, at which point he must evolve, and then realise that teammates are not the same as bandmates. This shocking realisation forces him to sit out Eterna Gym entirely.
Autotune must win a Contest sometime before you beat Team Galactic; once he does, then he is permitted to learn one (and only one) sound-based move. This must be learnt as soon as possible via the Heart Scale move relearner, and Autotune is unable to participate in any further battles until you do (I suggest waiting until you can Fly to Pastoria).
Finally, Autotune must prove that he is the best bug (better than Masamune/Murasame!) by solo'ing Bugsy in the E4. Content with himself, he then sits out the rest of the E4 except the Champion, where he must get one KO.
(If you're doing postgame then have him solo Heatran)
If any of these restrictions conflict with another mon's, that mon takes priority. The male thing is also optional, I just couldn't be bother to reword the flavour.
Hi! I recently got my hands on Soul Silver for the first time in about 5 years, and I want to scramble!

I cannot trade. I want it to be pretty hard, but not. . . ridiculously hard? Basically, I want variety. I always have a rut in replays.

I'd prefer it if I'm not forced to use an HM slave. Pokemon that can use HMs, and movepools that allow for HMs to be put in, is preferred. . . but it's also a challenge, so I guess just give me what you want. :)
I have some ideas for a Quagsire, a Dunsparce, and a Ledyba, as well as the mandatory Unown, but then I realised:
Take Don't Fuckle the Shuckle (sadly this has to be named Shuckie)! Stolen off some wimpy kid who couldn't do anything, Don't Fuckle has decided to become hardcore. Major Hardcore. It wants to show the world not to fuckle with Shuckles worldwide. This means it needs to win through any means necessary.
-Solo Cianwood Gym. This proves Don't Fuckle is a FIGHTER and can now learn TMs and HMs.
-Solo Olivine Gym. Don't Fuckle now has nerves of STEEL and can hold items, as well as have items used on it outside of battle. Before this, it can only hold the Berry Juice it came with.
-(Optional) Solo Mahogany Gym. Learn the technique of ICY CALMNESS, allowing items to be used on it during battle.
-(Optional) Solo Blackthorn Gym. Don't Fuckle is now a DRAGONSLAYER and can learn Power Trick.
-(Optional, follow up) Solo Lance after using Power Trick. Don't Fuckle With Shuckle. It now has no other restrictions, but must solo at least one Pokémon in each Gym (doesn't have to be the Gym leader), as well as one from your rival (each time you see him), and one from Red.
Oh, and Don't Fuckle cannot enlist the help of any legendaries during its quest, unless it defeats the Champion, in which case you are permitted to catch one of the dogs (I would suggest Suicune unless you like torturing yourself).
(if this is too hard lmk and I'll adjust it)

(sorry for doublepost but it doesn't alert otherwise)

You don't have any early game mons, so...
Take Autotune the (male) Kricketot! Autotune is very unfortunate, he's completely tone deaf! This means that he cannot learn any sound based moves other than Growl, which must always remain on his moveset. Growl must be the first move used in every battle; if it runs out of PP, you must use Ethers etc, or backtrack. Autotune is jealous of other musicians, so must solo every Guitarist, every Chatot, and every Kricketune you encounter. In addition, if another mon uses Sing, Autotune must immediately switch in and KO that mon.
As a result of his jealousy, Autotune is something of a lone ranger, at first. Once you catch him (and you should do so as soon as possible), he must solo the game up until you leave Eterna Forest, at which point he must evolve, and then realise that teammates are not the same as bandmates. This shocking realisation forces him to sit out Eterna Gym entirely.
Autotune must win a Contest sometime before you beat Team Galactic; once he does, then he is permitted to learn one (and only one) sound-based move. This must be learnt as soon as possible via the Heart Scale move relearner, and Autotune is unable to participate in any further battles until you do (I suggest waiting until you can Fly to Pastoria).
Finally, Autotune must prove that he is the best bug (better than Masamune/Murasame!) by solo'ing Bugsy in the E4. Content with himself, he then sits out the rest of the E4 except the Champion, where he must get one KO.
(If you're doing postgame then have him solo Heatran)
If any of these restrictions conflict with another mon's, that mon takes priority. The male thing is also optional, I just couldn't be bother to reword the flavour
Accepted. This is gonna be fun. (I do need something else obtainable before Eterna gym now, and I'll probably cap my team at 5 for HM slave purposes)

Odd Sponge Out take Genwunner the Gastly.

Genwunner lives in the era before the physical-special split of Gen IV, and even though it's happened, Genwunner denies it. Thus, it can't use any physical Fire, Water, Grass, Psychic, Dark, Ice, Electric, or Dragon-type moves, and it can't use any special Normal, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Bug, Rock, Ghost, and Steel-type moves. It may use Hidden Power as long as its Hidden Power type follows these guidelines.

Genwunner also doesn't like the special split, because it left it with lower special defense than special attack. Have it solo every Pokemon whose base special attack and special defense stats are equal out of jealousy, unless the Pokemon in question is being soloed by something else.

Solo Jasmine to evolve, since it doesn't believe that the Steel-type really exists. Also solo Karen, because it doesn't believe that the Dark-type exists either.

This Farfetch'd believes in the power of hax. Using hax, it believes it can get through any enemy (and it's not wrong). Thus, it must always hold a hax-inducing item, whether it is Evasion-increasing (Brightpowder, Lax Incense), flinch-causing (King's Rock), or crit-boosting (Scope Lens, Stick). Additionally, it may never forget the two hax-causing moves it learns, Sand-Attack and Slash. Also, whenever it is sent out, you must immediately use a Dire Hit on it, unless you don't have one (you don't have to buy one in that case).

Farfetch'd believes that through hax, it can power through any enemy. Have it solo Lt. Surge.

Despite Farfetch'd wanting to hax its opponents to death, it wants to risk nothing itself. Its Keen Eye ability helps, but it wants to take no chances. While it is in your party, none of your Pokemon may use any attack that has lower than 100% accuracy, and if any of your Pokemon's accuracy gets dropped, you must use an X-Accuracy to rectify this, unless you don't have one, in which case you must go buy at least ten.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad

I'll take it. Time for skill™

Snaquaza

KACAW

Use Slavery the Smeargle.

You're a terrible trainer. You wanted to catch this Smeargle to use it as an HM slave. Sadly, you discover it can't actually use the HMs! It has to Sketch them! You may use Smeargle freely for a while, but once you get Sketch and already have a move, you must always keep a Sketch slot. You may only use Sketch in two circumstances. These moves may not be forgotten (until it becomes LEGENDARY).

1) Your level is a multiple of 10 (this way you can learn the new one at level 11, 21, 31, etc.).
2) Your opponent uses a move with an effect outside of battle! Either HMs or something like Teleport, Dig or Sweet Scent. You must immediately switch Slavery in and use Sketch, regardless of what the move is!

Once you reach the Blackthorn relearner, you may scrap 1 and use it whenever, as long as you immediately relearn Sketch.

As soon as you have a moveset of 3 moves + Sketch, you learn to appreciate Smeargle. Rename Smeargle to LEGENDARY. LEGENDARY must always try to Sketch a move if a move is stronger than any move it currently has in its moveset, not counting STAB. You have to switch in Smeargle to learn it. You don't have to do the things for HMs / other out of battle moves anymore.

Additionally, Smeargle must learn the signature move of all the legendaries you face that have one. (If you only play through Johto, this is only Lugia, I think). You must Sketch this signature move, before this you may not win the battle, or you'll have to soft reset. These moves may never be overwritten for the Sketch stronger moves rule.

Good luck; have fun. If this is too hard, I'll edit it. I hope you get some good moves. May want to use Double Battles for when you can Sketch a move so you can actually get something good. If you want, you can trade it to someone, so they can get you a move you want.

Game: LeafGreen
Trading: Yes and no. I can use UP Randomizer to enable trade evos (or give myself any starter), if that's what this is about.
Difficulty: Hard, but do try to make this interesting.

This thread should come back, and it hasn't been too long, so if anyone wants to hit me up with a scramblemon, or wants me to give a mon to them for their scramble, hit me up.

Odd Sponge Out if you're still interested in doing that Soul silver scramble, I'd like to reserve a mon.

Rockbuster Also Reserving a scramblemon for you, if you still want to do the Leafgreen run.

• Hard-Very Hard Difficulty.
  • Cannot Trade.
  • Please, nothing that requires a lot of grinding, or doesn't really do anything but make life more tedious.
  • Pokemon with a sort of "backstory/personality" is encouraged!
Mons:
Hitmonleet take Not Alolan the Grimer.

This Grimer desperately wants to be its Alola Form, but isn't. Thus, it will try to defeat things that aren't in Alola...

• Yup, this is another of my type-change challenges. For all calculations involving type, treat Not Alolan as Poison/Dark instead of the pure Poison typing it actually is.
  • For all calculations involving ability, treat Not Alolan as having Poison Touch (its hidden ability) even if it actually has a different ability.
  • Solo all Pokemon that get an Alola Form. Other mons' solos take priority over this.
  • Solo two Gyms (all trainers and the Gym Leader) to evolve into Muk.
  • Solo all of Victory Road. Yes, all of it. You must defeat all the accessible Trainers in Victory Road using only Not Alolan, and defeat all wild Pokemon you encounter using only Not Alolan. Also, no using Repels in Victory Road!
Too easy? Add two more Gym solos. Too hard? Drop the Victory Road solo.
Hitmonleet, take Reshiram the ???. As the events of you becoming a pokemon trainer unfolded, N and his Reshiram were worried about the rise of Team Neo-Plasma. So, N's Reshiram decided to send it's spirit out as a ghost to help you on your journey. While this ghost may not be able to fight, it does have the power to possess other pokemon. Starting from the start of the game, Reshiram can possess any pokemon for a limited amount of time. While possesing, Reshiram must follow the following rules.

- After each Gym Battle, Reshiram must abandon it's current vessel and find a new pokemon to possess. This new pokemon must be located between the last gym and the next one.
- Reshiram must know the move Return.
- Reshiram has trouble keeping the souls of it's hosts in check. If Reshiram faints thrice with a single host, said pokemon must be released. You may not try to find another host until the next gym. By tossing a Nugget, you can gain an extra life.
- Reshiram may never be the highest level pokemon on your team.
- To keep balance, certain hosts are not allowed before certain gyms. These are: Magnemite for Roxie, Darumaka for Burgh, Ducklett for Clay.
- Legendaries can not be possesed
- For all intents and purposes, all the Team Plazma stuff counts as the period of one gym.

Through all this, you may choose to solo as many gyms as you want. By the time you can get to Victory Road, you can choose to have it possess any pokemon you want. Solo less than two gyms, and Reshiram may not possess anything. Solo four gyms, and it can possess Legendary pokemon. The three death rule still applies.
Hitmonleet, take Supermon the ???

1. Supermon is the first Pokémon (past the fixed Minccino) that you catch in a Hidden Grotto, its hideout.

2. It wants to show the world its sense of justice, and as such may not use any Poison-type or Dark-type moves. Those moves make it seem unjust!

3. Additionally, it must solo every grunt you battle on the Team Plasma Frigate.

4. Supermon can't fight any opponent more than 5 levels below it, though, as it doesn't want to pick on the weak. You must immediately switch out against these opponents if possible.

5. If Supermon stars in the movie Invaders, and gets any ending other than Bad, then it feels that people know how righteous it is. After this, you may lift the restriction on Poison- and Dark-type moves.

6. Sound too easy? Here's one last thing:
Supermon must have one move, designated at the time of capture, that it must use upon entering battle, and 7. Supermon must lead your party at all times. Unless you are facing a Pokémon that forces Supermon to switch out as per Rule 4, Supermon must use this move immediately after entering battle. The move may only be replaced once.

Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I can think of something else!

Good luck and have fun!

I assume you're playing BW2 because of the Pokémon?

Take mahRIP the Mareep.

mahRIP isn't enjoying life... and is preferably fainted so they don't have to deal with their dark thoughts. Because of this, mahRIP forces you to use it whenever it isn't fainted. You can only use other Pokemon when it is fainted (even after a PokeCenter visit!). You can't use Potions on it either. You are allowed to use Status-Healing items, just not any that heal HP.

Additionally, nothing can light up mahRIP's world. It can't use Electric-type moves as they won't do anything in the eternal darkness surrounding it.

Once mahRIP gets Take Down, it must learn it. It wants to faint itself as soon as possible.

mahRIP may evolve into Flaaffy when it has successfully gotten itself fainted by using Take Down and fainting to the recoil. Afterwards you can freely evolve into Ampharos.

You have the choice, when mahRIP is a Flaaffy or an Ampharos to let your entire team help mahRIP to get over its depression. While this will remove mahRIP's normal restriction, it'll make it so that it can only use Electric or Fire-type attacks. Additionally, if after this change any of your Pokémon are KOd by a Dark, Ghost, or Bug-type (either Pokemon or move), they'll be stuck in a new depression. They'll get all of mahRIP's previous restrictions. This can happen to multiple Pokemon.

Good luck, have fun. I tried to make it a unique challenge, although it should be quite hard!
To repost (since leafing through 5 different pages every time I want to find my scramblemons is a real pain).

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
  • Hard-Very Hard Difficulty.
  • Cannot Trade.
  • Please, nothing that requires a lot of grinding, or doesn't really do anything but make life more tedious.
  • Pokemon with a sort of "backstory/personality" is encouraged!
Mons:

To repost (since leafing through 5 different pages every time I want to find my scramblemons is a real pain).

Take mahRIP the Mareep.

mahRIP isn't enjoying life... and is preferably fainted so they don't have to deal with their dark thoughts. Because of this, mahRIP forces you to use it whenever it isn't fainted. You can only use other Pokemon when it is fainted (even after a PokeCenter visit!). You can't use Potions on it either. You are allowed to use Status-Healing items, just not any that heal HP.

Additionally, nothing can light up mahRIP's world. It can't use Electric-type moves as they won't do anything in the eternal darkness surrounding it.

Once mahRIP gets Take Down, it must learn it. It wants to faint itself as soon as possible.

mahRIP may evolve into Flaaffy when it has successfully gotten itself fainted by using Take Down and fainting to the recoil. Afterwards you can freely evolve into Ampharos.

You have the choice, when mahRIP is a Flaaffy or an Ampharos to let your entire team help mahRIP to get over its depression. While this will remove mahRIP's normal restriction, it'll make it so that it can only use Electric or Fire-type attacks. Additionally, if after this change any of your Pokémon are KOd by a Dark, Ghost, or Bug-type (either Pokemon or move), they'll be stuck in a new depression. They'll get all of mahRIP's previous restrictions. This can happen to multiple Pokemon.

Good luck, have fun. I tried to make it a unique challenge, although it should be quite hard!

Take mahRIP the Mareep.

Accepted! Also, yes, it is BW2.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Well...since my other run failed, I'ma do a new Soul Silver Scramble.

• Medium Difficulty
  • No trades or Pokewalker
  • Please some type variety. I don't want to end up using four different normal types in the same run. That's no fun.
  • Personality encouraged.
Mons

Take Farseer the Natu. Farseer is an ametuer psychic, and joined your team on the path to seek future enlightenment. However, it expects greatness from you to aid it's mental development. When in battle with Farseer, you must always predict the move the opponent uses before they use it. If you guess incorrectly once in a battle, Farseer will forgive you for the mistake. Any future missed predictions, and Farseer will not obey your commands. Dependent on Farseer's nature, it must learn one of these dummy moves below and use it when you make missed predictions. Before Farseer can learn the move corresponding to its nature, it must use Miracle Eye as its dummy move.
  • +Attack: Thief
  • +Special Attack: Rain Dance
  • +Defence: Rest
  • +Special Defence: Captivate
  • +Speed: Tailwind
  • Neutral: Natural Gift
In addition, Farseer is unwilling to use TM's (other than it's nature exclusive move) as it wants to see itself grow through it's own merits. It will not be able to learn TM's, although if you use it to solo a Gym Leader, Rival Battle, Team Rocket Leader, or Elite 4 Member, it gains the ability to learn a single TM move (This can be repeated to gain access to more TM's)

By Mr. Querty

Here, how about Professor the Sudowoodo?
This Sudowoodo is imitating more than one type of tree... It's mimicking Pokémon Professors! He has to study as many things as he can, in order to perfect his copying ability. The first subject: Moves! Each of Professor's moves must be of a different type. Furthermore, he must investigate the different evolutions, as well! Unless conflicting with other solos, Professor must solo all Pokemon that evolve through means other than level-up. The final topic: Relationships. If you are able to have Professor in the front, you must have them in the front.

By Hitmonleet

Evolve? the Misdreavus.

Misdreavus wants to evolve, but unfortunately the Johto region has a bit of a lack of Dusk Stones. Thus, it wants to believe it is a Mismagius. In the spirit of Mismagius, it must not learn any moves from level-up, because Mismagius doesn't. It also may not use Heart Scales to remember moves, unless said moves are level 0 moves in Mismagius's movepool.

Misdreavus also believes that it can take on foes that Mismagius cannot. It must solo all trainer-owned Pokemon with more than Base 105 Speed, unless this conflicts with another solo. It must also solo Karen.

Optional: After evolving, Mismagius feels that it is strong enough to vanquish any opponent. Have it solo Blue's Pidgeot and Red's Snorlax.

by AOPSuser

Catch Tradeless the Onix. Tradeless is sad that you can't trade it. He wants to take revenge on trainers who can trade, so Jasmine, Lt. Surge and Brock, as they can trade you a Pokemon in these games. It won't have any more restrictions as it's an Onix...

When you're able to, defeat Jasmine in a rematch ASAP. You must solo this with Tradeless as well. When you tell how Tradeless feels, Jasmine agrees to trade with you. Trade Tradeless for Rusty. Else, if you want to hunt for a Steelix instead, you can try catching one in Cliff Cave. You'd have to call it "Replacemnt" instead. You'd still need to do the solos.

Rusty must pay a tribute to Jasmine. It must keep the moves that you got it with. If you got Replacement, they were better than Tradeless from the get-go, so you should still not replace those perfect moves.

Good luck, have fun!

by Snaquaza

(For LucarioOfLegends's scramble)

Take Slice the Weedle. Slice loves learning new moves and will not evolve until it has learned every move it can learn at that stage of evolution. To evolve Slice into a Metapod, it must solo five Pokemon on the same route you caught it in. After evolving it into Metapod, there are no more restrictions to evolution

tl;dr:
• Take Slice the Weedle
• Can't evolve into Metapod until it learns every move it can as a Weedle
• Can't evolve into Metapod until you solo five Pokemon on the route you catch it on
• Loses all restrictions after it evolves into Metapod

(This is the first scramblemon I've made, so tell me if it's too easy or hard)

Take Feeble the Chinchou. This Chinchou struggles with meeting its full potential, especially in regards to its most powerful moves. Feeble may not use damaging moves of types other than Normal, Water and Electric and, when you catch it, Feeble may not use any water- or electric-type moves with a base power higher than 40 under normal battle conditions (All status moves and Hidden Power are allowed). However, Feeble may work around this:

Feeble may use water-type moves unrestricted by base power as long as:
  • It is raining, either in the overworld or initiated in battle
  • You are currently surfing or there is water onscreen in the overworld
  • You have first used the move Aqua Ring
Feeble may use Electric-type moves unhindered as long as:
  • It first uses the move Charge
  • It is able to get a Sp. Atk boost using Charge Beam (more on that later)
  • It has the ability Volt Absorb and is first hit by an electric-type move
In both cases, the boosts may apply either until the end of the battle or until Feeble is switched out; choose what you like with regards to difficulty as long as you are consistent.

Now, Feeble knows that it can do better, and wants to be the best Pokemon it can possibly be. Feeble should fight as many Water- and Electric- type pokemon as possible. For every 5 pokemon of that type Feeble manages to defeat, the base power of the moves he can use of that type increases by 5 (Defeating other Chinchou or Lantern counts towards both), up to a limit of 100. Additionally, his evolution, which may occur whenever you wish, gives him an additional +10 boost to each limit, and moves of any type are now usable. Solo Misty to remove all restrictions on Water-type moves, and Lt Surge to remove all restrictions on Electric-type moves (Assuming you are playing through Kanto; If so, the solos may occur either at the initial battle or at a rematch).

Last edited:
  • Medium Difficulty
  • Please some type variety. I don't want to end up using four different normal types in the same run. That's no fun.
Take Farseer the Natu. Farseer is an ametuer psychic, and joined your team on the path to seek future enlightenment. However, it expects greatness from you to aid it's mental development. When in battle with Farseer, you must always predict the move the opponent uses before they use it. If you guess incorrectly once in a battle, Farseer will forgive you for the mistake. Any future missed predictions, and Farseer will not obey your commands. Dependent on Farseer's nature, it must learn one of these dummy moves below and use it when you make missed predictions. Before Farseer can learn the move corresponding to its nature, it must use Miracle Eye as its dummy move.
In addition, Farseer is unwilling to use TM's (other than it's nature exclusive move) as it wants to see itself grow through it's own merits. It will not be able to learn TM's, although if you use it to solo a Gym Leader, Rival Battle, Team Rocket Leader, or Elite 4 Member, it gains the ability to learn a single TM move (This can be repeated to gain access to more TM's)

(Just so it is clear, you can evolve it whenever you want.)

• Medium Difficulty
Mons

By Mr. Querty

This Sudowoodo is imitating more than one type of tree... It's mimicking Pokémon Professors! He has to study as many things as he can, in order to perfect his copying ability. The first subject: Moves! Each of Professor's moves must be of a different type. Furthermore, he must investigate the different evolutions, as well! Unless conflicting with other solos, Professor must solo all Pokemon that evolve through means other than level-up. The final topic: Relationships. If you are able to have Professor in the front, you must have them in the front.

Too easy? Tack on Abilities: Cannot use any items. Too hard? Drop evolutions.

I have a Platinum scramble from the previous page missing at least one more mon (pre-Eterna City).

LucarioOfLegends take Evolve? the Misdreavus.

Misdreavus wants to evolve, but unfortunately the Johto region has a bit of a lack of Dusk Stones. Thus, it wants to believe it is a Mismagius. In the spirit of Mismagius, it must not learn any moves from level-up, because Mismagius doesn't. It also may not use Heart Scales to remember moves, unless said moves are level 0 moves in Mismagius's movepool.

Misdreavus also believes that it can take on foes that Mismagius cannot. It must solo all trainer-owned Pokemon with more than Base 105 Speed, unless this conflicts with another solo. It must also solo Karen.

Optional: After evolving, Mismagius feels that it is strong enough to vanquish any opponent. Have it solo Blue's Pidgeot and Red's Snorlax.

Snaquaza

KACAW

• Medium Difficulty
Mons

By Mr. Querty

By Hitmonleet
Catch Tradeless the Onix. Tradeless is sad that you can't trade it. He wants to take revenge on trainers who can trade, so Jasmine, Lt. Surge and Brock, as they can trade you a Pokemon in these games. It won't have any more restrictions as it's an Onix...

When you're able to, defeat Jasmine in a rematch ASAP. You must solo this with Tradeless as well. When you tell how Tradeless feels, Jasmine agrees to trade with you. Trade Tradeless for Rusty. Else, if you want to hunt for a Steelix instead, you can try catching one in Cliff Cave. You'd have to call it "Replacemnt" instead. You'd still need to do the solos.

Rusty must pay a tribute to Jasmine. It must keep the moves that you got it with. If you got Replacement, they were better than Tradeless from the get-go, so you should still not replace those perfect moves.

Good luck, have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)