SM UU The Synergy Squad

So after coming back to the tier after SM dropped, i decided to build something for myself since i was tired of copy pasting teams and i came up with this and managed to get some semi-decent success with it yet i face many problems with it so criticism and suggestions are appreciated.

I wanted to build a team around Primarina because i heard of it's potency from my friends and it was the least appreciated starter by me during the s&m reveal. I liked it's typing and it's ability to pressure a variety of threats as well as being bulky from the special side to furthur aid the team.

Next i wanted to pair something with Primarina with shared some offensive and defensive synergy with Primarina and i never used Gliscor in UU before this so i decided to use Gliscor as the main core alongside Primarina. Gliscor's weaknesses are easily resisted by Primarina and vice-versa and they both check threats to each other respectively and Gliscor is my main way of dealing with stall and creating holes in opposing Tenta, Amoon etc to use Primarina more recklessly.

Next i wanted something to set-up hazards as Primarina appreciates hazards to break more effectively and hazards greatly help this team apply more pressure and not be a passive piece of shit like Forretress in the process. Cobalion fit the bill as it can come in on many attacks aimed for Primarina as well as Gliscor and take care of annoyance such as Blissey and Empoleon and it serves as an effective lead in general.

Next i wanted a Pokemon that could grab some momentum for the team and hit hard in general with a solid form of priority. Scizor is an invaluable asset for any team in this current meta and functions on a number of roles such as furthur resisting attacks aimed at other team-mates, providing momentum, priority and denting walls.

Dragon-types in general benefit a lot from Primarina as it resists Fairy and is immune to dragon attacks effectively giving coverage and Latias also benefits from Gliscor's ability to take on a multitude of defensive fairies and other walls effectively. Latias also functions as a hard breaker of stuff that usually troubles this team and nothing is more comfortable than dropping dracos and getting 2hko'es. Latias deals a lot with it's stabs and offers nice presence and utility.

Finally i wanted to round-off the team and decided to make use of the mega-spot available. Mega-Aerodactyl is one the best available options and can fit on most teams. It provides amazing speed control, hard hitting stabs and late game sweeps after Primarina breaks along with other members.

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

This here is the focal point of my build and one of my favorite specs users in UU. Choice Specs turn Primarina into a fearsome breaker due to that great typing and stabs. EV's are standard with Timid nature to outspeed everything up-to Base 70's with neutral nature. Hydro Pump puts dents in walls, is the main move to start punishing switch-ins and the only bad thing is that damned accuracy. Moonblast is another great stab to spam and kill some dragons and fighters. Energy Ball helps break past the water-types that tend to switch in on Primarina or stay in on it and lastly Psychic serves as an effective lure for the random poison-types lurking in the tier.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 116 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Facade

Gliscor functions as a great core alongside Primarina. I run the Swords Dance Stall-breaker set for the ability to break down defensive cores and steel-types as well as the dreaded stall. Toxic Orb helps maximum recovery with 244 HP EV's and 136 speed outruns every base 80 Pokemon as well as makes Gliscor an effective status sponge. Earthquake is the primary stab which deals decent damage, Swords Dance and roost are to boost and heal in conjunction to effectively break or sweep and lastly Facade is a generally had hitting backup which almost 2hko'es or 3hko'es everything at +2.

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Cobalion is here as a lead, stealth rock setter and a valuable asset to the Primarina and Gliscor core. Poison immunity, Grass resist and the ability to take certain walls 1v1 helps a lot. Stealth Rock as hazard as mentioned, Close Combat is a hard hitting move in general and All-Out Pummeling with 190 BP hits many things for a lot of damage to mitigate their status as a switch-in. Iron Head is stab and deals with Fairies and anything weak to it and finally i have Taunt on it to anti-lead and prevent certain shenanigans as well hazard-prevention to take advantage of his decent speed tier.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Banded Scizor is here as an offensive backbone and gives the team a very strong form of priority in Bullet Punch when boosted with Technician and CB. It provides momentum and opportunities to Primarina and others to safely come in and spam stabs with U-Turn, Superpower is for dealing with annoying walls such as Blissey and Pokemon such as Empoleon and Krook and finally i run Pursuit support since it's invaluable right now with Latias everywhere and it OHKo'es Latias most of the time getting me a threat down when i need it, although those random HP Fire's hurt a lot.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover

I run the Calm Mind version of Latias instead of the normal one since i have seen this set to be more potent as well as very threatening mid-late game with it's checks and counters withered. Soul Dew is the preferred item since Latias should be able to dent what it's supposed to dent and hit hard without the boost as well and it carries only 2 moves which are boosted by it. Draco Meteor is a very strong stab and dropping it feels satisfying as hell since it bops many things after a single boost. Psyshock deals with the many poison and fighting types in the tier while also smacking special walls that like to switch-in. Calm mind is the boosting factor and coupled with Recover make Latias set-up on the face of a large number of Pokemon in the meta-game.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Wing Attack

Finally we have Mega-Aerodactyl in the last spot for it's absurd speed tier and ability to take on various threats for the team. I run the Hone Claws sweep set since i like it's cleaning-up ability late game and it helps a lot since mega-aero leads to a lot of switch-ins. Hone Claws not only increases attack but i also helps accuracy and prevents the rage inducing habit of Stone Edge. Stone Edge is the best stab and does not miss after a Hone Claws boost. Aqua Tail helps me deal with the ground types that love to switch-in on it and finally Wing Attack is another stab that is fairly reliable and leads to some PP wars which are fun times. The team lacks hazard removal which is detrimental so is Defog an option here ? or is a set change required ?

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 116 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Facade

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Hone Claws
- Aqua Tail

So, that is the team and my attempt at an S&M UU team. The team struggles quite a bit against common threats and i feel like i don't have switch-ins to anything that has a decent offensive presence. Also there is no hazard removal here so suggestions and changes/criticism is welcome :)

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
http://pokepast.es/fedadb6f9b529dec

Yo I've redesigned your team to better handle threats in the UU meta and make the team more effective at achieving its goal of supporting Specs Primarina.

Infernape as your Fighting type gives you a solid check to bulky Scizors which this team really couldn't hurt well outside of Prima which doesnt want to take Bullet Punches. Scarf Krook gives you a solid RKer and is a Ground that deals with Raikou a lot better than Gliscor and can outspeed and either kill or trap it as well as trap stuff like Blissey which is really the only thing stopping Specs Primarina from dismantling most stall teams. SD Gliscor while a decent set just doesnt mesh well with an already sort of Raikou weak team and isn't really needed as stall in UU imo isnt strong enough to dedicate an entire slot to. Just play well with Ape and Prima and with hazards and you're good against stall.
All out pummeling Coba without Dual Dance just isnt good imo and wastes the Z move, feels just slapped on because no other mon had it. On the other hand Infernape can actually lure in and kill some of Primarina's most prominent checks like Tentacruel and Volcanion with the help of Electrium Z. Also felt Latias should be 3 Attacks LO so it can weaken Empoleon for Prima and not be helpless against Steels. Finally the Aero set pulls off the anti lead role better than Coba imo and still covers a lot in two moves. Mach over CC on Ape for Sharpedo which you do become slightly weak to without Cobalion. Hope I helped.

http://pokepast.es/fedadb6f9b529dec

Yo I've redesigned your team to better handle threats in the UU meta and make the team more effective at achieving its goal of supporting Specs Primarina.

Infernape as your Fighting type gives you a solid check to bulky Scizors which this team really couldn't hurt well outside of Prima which doesnt want to take Bullet Punches. Scarf Krook gives you a solid RKer and is a Ground that deals with Raikou a lot better than Gliscor and can outspeed and either kill or trap it as well as trap stuff like Blissey which is really the only thing stopping Specs Primarina from dismantling most stall teams. SD Gliscor while a decent set just doesnt mesh well with an already sort of Raikou weak team and isn't really needed as stall in UU imo isnt strong enough to dedicate an entire slot to. Just play well with Ape and Prima and with hazards and you're good against stall.
All out pummeling Coba without Dual Dance just isnt good imo and wastes the Z move, feels just slapped on because no other mon had it. On the other hand Infernape can actually lure in and kill some of Primarina's most prominent checks like Tentacruel and Volcanion with the help of Electrium Z. Also felt Latias should be 3 Attacks LO so it can weaken Empoleon for Prima and not be helpless against Steels. Finally the Aero set pulls off the anti lead role better than Coba imo and still covers a lot in two moves. Mach over CC on Ape for Sharpedo which you do become slightly weak to without Cobalion. Hope I helped.
Thanks a lot, the new team covers a lot of threats and grounds no one expect's that thunderium ape lol but my man the whole tier flipped on it's head yesterday, updated changes ? :p

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks a lot, the new team covers a lot of threats and grounds no one expect's that thunderium ape lol but my man the whole tier flipped on it's head yesterday, updated changes ? :p
yeah im still testing stuff myself and getting a better grasp of the new meta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)