The UU MasterChef Season 1 (won by warzoid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In.
Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Destiny Bond

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Rest

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Trying to find a way to succeed with this core, I decided that HO would be the way to go with Mega Houndoom and Toxicroak's excellent setup potential. In the absence of Azelf, Aerodactyl was the obvious choice for a lead. It's the most reliable rocker in the tier, beats forre, and double edges to avoid hazard removal. I stuck with adamant Toxicroak from the dish, with surprisingly good results (as seen in the sparrow replay). I was also happy to see that it beat support Crobat with +2 suckerpunch after rocks, always with brave bat, and sometimes with no chip versus support. Mega Houndoom was slightly harder to find success with. It either sweeps or does very little, but destiny bond and having a hard check to standard Celebi were excellent. Snorlax was the real hero. In the meta of Celebi, Drei, Sylv, and Conk, a sjocking amount of teams aren't prepared for standard curselax. Further, the dish and Celebi are excellent for clearing the way. Speaking of which, Colbur Celebi seemed like the obvious choice as a necessary conk check aside from the fact that it beats krook with giga drain and hydreigons that aren't smart enough to u-turn with gleam. Finally, though neither dish takes super effective damage from sylveon, Escavalier seemed like an obvious choice in the last spot to resist sylveon, celebi, and fit with the setup theme.
Toxicroak wiping a weird sparrow ladder team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-458506017
Offense v. Offense against iderpy:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-458503426
Lax munching the warzoid RMT:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-455927857 (disclaimer: dodged a couple hurricanes, granted they weren't 3hkoing without confusion hax)
(Are we allowed to post after submitting something to make comments etc?)

Hey Kamer your second replay shows another team if you don't have 3 replays by the 20th it won't get accepted :X

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
(Are we allowed to post after submitting something to make comments etc?)

Hey Kamer your second replay shows another team if you don't have 3 replays by the 20th it won't get accepted :X
I saw that. That's why I didn't like his post yet. He has to change the second replay, lol.

Woops. Thank for the heads up, Euph and yan. I didn't realize I used an old one. I'll change it to what it was supposed to be now.

EDIT: changed to the replay the post originally said it was. The text link was hyperlinked to a different replay since I quoted myself... For those interested, the first replay wasn't right either. It is now.

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
greetings my fellow chefs!

Mega Houndoom and Toxicroak complement each other very well offensively and also have some neat defensive synergy (absorbing Fire/Water respectively, Houndoom being immune to Psychic and Toxicroak resisting Fighting) but both struggle versus Mega Aerodactyl, get dominated by RD Mega Swampert and unfortunately do not offer the best set of resistances and defenses, making them vulnerable to strong neutral attacks. Thus I decided to add an reliable defensive backbone consisting of specially defensive Forretress, physically defensive Swampert and mixed defensive Sylveon. This core offers Spike stacking and Spin support, Stealth Rock and phazing ability, as well as Wish + Cleric options. Finally, Rotom-Mow holding a Choice Scarf patches up the speed issue of the team, being able to revenge kill threats like Mega Aerodactyl, +1 Gyarados, offensive Crobat and Tornadus. It also acts as a backup check to bulky Waters in case Toxicroak falls victim to an unexpected coverage move like Extrasensory from Suicune.
replay 1: uu room tour game. not much to say here. hate webs.
replay 2: uu room tour game vs warzoid. quite the unfortunate turn of events with toxicroak losing a speed tie and missing gunk shot on his while crit-poisoning my swampert the following turn which could have then prevented the slurpuff sweep with roar but other than that it was a good game. he pulled the trigger when he had to. gg.
replay 3: uu ladder game. i tried finding a good battle that represents the teams strenghts on the ladder for about an hour but need to go to sleep now. in the end this guy timed out but i think croak had it won anyway.
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Destiny Bond

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Pin Missile
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:
Hello, I hope I'm not too late to join for this final cycle!

-
-
-
-
-

lord papagoi (Houndoom-Mega) @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Flame Charge

papagoi63 (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

papagoi95 (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

papagoi52 (Swampert) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Electric]

papagoi21 (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

papagoi78 (Crobat)
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 64 SpD / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Haze
- Roost
- Defog

Mega Houndoom and Toxicroak are obviously the starting point; however, I decided to go with the Nasty Plot set on the frog to not be forced to switch out on Hydreigon after setting up, and Focus Blast allows me to kill Blissey and MPert, supporting MDoom. Houndoom itself has Flame Charge as a meme way to annoy offense and to screw with VoltTurn cores.
To support them, I added Cleric Sylveon (Calm to handle Heliolisk and MStoise a bit better, while still checking most fighting types) and Swampert (HP Electric to damage Gyara, preventing it from setting up in my face); afterwards I put Crobat in as an extra check for fighting types and to have at least one fairy resist; Haze AcroBat (52 Atk EVs to get the guaranteed OHKO on offensive Whimsi with no rocks in play) relieves the pressure on Sylveon and makes dealing with BU Conk + Iron Tail Hydra a bit easier.
The last pokémon I thought about was my own Hydreigon for speed control, as well as extra insurance against most of the things MDoom would normally check offensively.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-459962814 - Mega Houndoom manages to setup on Roserade and easily plows through the whole team

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-459942415 - After Toxicroak weakens Krookodile, Hydreigon does Hydreigon things and sweeps

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-459857722 - NP Croak doesn't miss Focus Blast on MPert and after getting rid of Celebi my own Swampert seals the game up

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-459623425 - rand bats is probably the only enviroment where i'd consider mdoom better than another mega

I'll admit that after I managed to get through the initial frustration of this not working, I had plenty of fun in playing with this.

ps: all hail lord papagoi

Last edited:

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Toxicroak @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Return

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Iron Tail
- Superpower
- Tailwind
I wanted to try this core with Slurpuff, so I decided to use Knock Off Toxicroak to lure Doublade. HP Grass Mega Houndoom lures Swampert for Toxicroak. Standard Belly Drum Slurpuff can set up on Conk, which Houndoom draws out. Defensive Swampert gets up rocks and checks Aerodactyl and Crobat. Forretress gives the team a Sylveon switchin and also helps check Aero. Finally, Tornadus provides a ground immunity, additional Conk / Celebi check, and Tailwind support.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-460326477 - Slurpuff punches some holes
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-460331158 - setting up on Conk again
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-460356060 - some plays go my way and Slurpuff ends up drumming on +1 Conk

Euphonos

Time's up! Hands in the air! Well done, participants!

Thank you for waiting, and now, here are the entries for this week's cycle!

- yandaud
- Kamer
- Lord Esche
- cappino
- warzoid

While the judges are deciding on which teams are worth etching in the Hall of Fame, those who wish to vote are still welcome, and these are the criteria:

• CREATIVITY - Does the team made use of unusual Pokemon and/or sets that are very intriguing at first glance?
  • ESSENCE - Does the core supplement the team's overall presence?
  • EFFECTIVENESS - Is the team worth a masterpiece to use even for the first ever UnderUsed Majors tournament?

Once results have been encoded on October 24, Monday, 11:59 PM GMT -4, we will announce the winners from this cycle, and the (clear) winner of the very first season of MasterChef!

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Euphonos we're waiting for you to announce the winner of this week's cycle. Do you wish to continue with Master Chef after this round?

Euphonos

Apologies for releasing the results so late; my extremely busy schedule took a toll on this undertaking.

The judges have made their decisions, and the results have been encoded!

. . . . . . .

The winner for this cycle of MasterChef belongs to...

Chef Lord Esche!

Congratulations to all winners, and thank you to those who have participated! The awarding ceremony will commence shortly!

Euphonos

The results have now been tallied! The winners will be revealed along with one of the teams that are most recognized in this season.

Nightingales
Second Runner-Up​

Chef Nightingales debuted in the third cycle of UU MasterChef, and she is the only participant who never won a single cycle multiple times that never placed last. She is known to be one of the strongest contenders for bringing up spicy dishes to the table that can take creativity to modest amounts of success, and one of her teams shown above signifies such creativity.

Lord Esche
First Runner-Up​

Chef Lord Esche is one of UU MasterChef's first participants; while his temporal issues and/or lack of inspiration took a toll on his team building, he has been surging in the latter half of the season, literally being the only participant to take part in the last five cycles. Lord Esche happens to be one of the most improved participants in this season, and he gradually excelled in the Elevation/Essence criteria where he put the suggested ideas to great use.

warzoid
The First UnderUsed MasterChef!​

Chef warzoid is one of UU MasterChef's first participants, and he is one of the most active participants for the season, submitting teams for a record eight cycles, and winning six of them in a dominating fashion! While he doesn't have a hint of creativity unlike other chefs, what makes up for his lack of creativity is his great technique in building effective teams which wins the hearts of voters and judges in the Effectiveness criteria.

Congratulations to all the winners and to those who have participated in the first iteration of the Underused MasterChef! See you all next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)