The UU Open V - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
teal6 whats the most you can allow for an extension. Is 27th/28th too unrealistic for these rounds? Asking because it's such a hassle to get internet access while overseas and team building/playing on a phone is mighty annoying not to mention expensive. I'll do it if you mind. Tagging Eo Ut Mortus.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Sorry, but as a TD, I can't say I'd allow it, although you can ask for a second opinion to ensure impartiality. 27/28 is the deadline for the next round, and we've already had complaints about one/two day extensions for playoff finals. Also, for the record, I'm not sure what my availability will be for the next weekend at this moment.

Lacus Clyne and I have not yet agreed a time in which we should play our set. We agreed 8pm gmt+1 today however half an hour before, she said she could not make it, furthermore, she has not come up with a time for when she can play and my availability is going to be tight this weekend. Hoping to play this set because activity wins, especially this late in the competition are gay af, but covering my ass by saying activity. However, would much prefer to play either tonight or over the weekend.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
teal6 whats the most you can allow for an extension. Is 27th/28th too unrealistic for these rounds? Asking because it's such a hassle to get internet access while overseas and team building/playing on a phone is mighty annoying not to mention expensive. I'll do it if you mind. Tagging Eo Ut Mortus.
Sorry, but as a TD, I can't say I'd allow it, although you can ask for a second opinion to ensure impartiality. 27/28 is the deadline for the next round, and we've already had complaints about one/two day extensions for playoff finals. Also, for the record, I'm not sure what my availability will be for the next weekend at this moment.
Eo is correct. My policy has been, at the most, half the next round minus a day with an exception being made should the new opponent show a willingness to play later in the round and generally massive levels of activity. To extend by nearly a week now would not be fair.

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Activity in case wq and i cannot play today. On Thursday he never responded to my vm for hours and i never saw him on main or stours around /hours after the scheduled time. Check his wall for more info.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
A little disappointed that my run had to be cut short this early, but Vinc is an amazing player and beat me in some tight and good games. Sorry for the cheesy post, but I really feel the need to thank everyone who supported throughout this open and is still expecting me make playoffs. You guys know who you are and I appreciate every single one of you, so I'll try my best to come back stronger after this loss for y'all n__n

Good luck to all of the remaining competitors!

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I'm busy on the weekdays. I told my opponent that already. It's his fault he can't play on the weekend. He's been annoying the shit out of me with his constant "if i can play..." bs.

Last I checked my schedule does not revolve around his. Self entitled idiot.

I wrote my opp when I can play, he never told me a schedule, and today that is the deadline said me that he is waiting me in smogoturs, but I read that later and he is angry because I wasnt here lol, we were 30-40mins talking in smogtours, he cant play idk why, and I must to go rn, he say that is my fault but he cant say the last day of the deadline, "im in smogoturs, come on here" if he dont told me nothing before, no schedule, nothing.

I wrote my opp when I can play, he never told me a schedule, and today that is the deadline said me that he is waiting me in smogoturs, but I read that later and he is angry because I wasnt here lol, we were 30-40mins talking in smogtours, he cant play idk why, and I must to go rn, he say that is my fault but he cant say the last day of the deadline, "im in smogoturs, come on here" if he dont told me nothing before, no schedule, nothing.
yea you did, you told me you can play in the mornings at 10-12 your time, which I was online at today. I told you I could play monday/tuesday, without realizing that deadline was today, so I vm'ed you that I was on smogtours from 8 am your time, expecting you to check on smogon at the time you're available. I had no time to play when you showed up cuz I had to do something that needed my attention. w/e, requesting extension cause he had an extension game before and we didn't know we're opps b4 friday.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Reje and Rodri will get an extension.

I've spoken to the other matchups that need one as well and see no issue in awarding those for the time being.

The fact that some of you can't find 30 minutes to sit and play some games is staggering. Most of you are students of some sort, you have the time. Just because it's a late round doesn't mean I'm hesitant to give Activities either, and I'm not stupid so don't try to act like you can't find your way to a computer until the next round no matter what and you deserve the win, it isn't going to happen that way. Look at King UU - asked politely, got told no, got him game done. Follow that lead and play, it's embarrassing otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)