The Workshop

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Requester: Megazard
For: Gen 7 PU Sample Teams
Art Direction: The old artwork references a ton of mons that just aren't too relevant anymore. No specific design requests or anything, but new/relevant mons that aren't likely to leave the tier way too soon include Skuntank, Charizard, Weezing, Jynx, Musharna, Mesprit, Oricorio-Sensu, Lycanroc... idk just trying to help

e: we also need artwork for the viability rankings, so if anyone else is interested or wants to create one general PU banner for big projects, that might be cool. kinda late to put this in so ill probably do a separate request later

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requester: OP
Tournament name: LC Fall Seasonal
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): September 10th
Art Direction: Something cute preferred, some good pokemon to include might be Timburr, Pumpkaboo, or autumn form of Deerling. Not too sure what mons represent fall well. They could be trick or treating, at a pumpkin patch, or just surrounded by some fall trees. Not picky at all, do p much whatever you want as the artist!

Here's the Summer and Spring ones if that helps

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requester: Tony
Tournament name: UU Majors
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): September 9th
Art Direction: I'll leave the creative stuff to the creator, but it's important that the banner features a few current UU staples. Examples would be Latias, Scizor, Cobalion, Primarina, Hydreigon and Swampert (regular Swampert, not its Mega Evolution!). Thanks! ^_^
Saw that you hadn't made the signup thread yet but didn't have time to draw, so have this

Edit: Oops seems like it was live but had several sessions left, so I guess it still works

Last edited:

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Requester: Smuckem (& NoCheese by extension)
For: Battle Tree Discussion and Records
Art Direction: I was thinking that one could more or less follow this basic template, done by Ssensenh a few years back:

except that it's for Tree. The artist, of course, would be free to change up the style and colors used. The Pokemon in the foreground would be those that have been quite popular in the thread so far: Pheromosa/Tapu Lele (for Super Doubles), and one of Gyarados/Scizor/Salamence/Aegislash (Singles). Looming in the background would be the Battle Tree itself.

The artist would also be free to draw something completely different and steer away from this template entirely, as long as it's Tree-related.

This request is being made now due to the thread having hit 100 pages, a momentous occasion for everyone who dabbles in battle facilities regularly.

Requester: Exploudit
For: OU's Community Create-a-Team
Art Direction: I really don't know what I'd like to see to be completely honest. For sure something incorporating Lando-T and Magearna since they're not only arguably the most viable Pokémon in the entire tier but also because they form an amazing offensive and defensive core. Maybe have Landorus-T and Magearna kind of discussing what teammates they would like or something as if they were planning the rest of the team, but this is for sure not definitive, take any route you want just let me know :)

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Requester: Twix
For: PU Next Best Thing
Art Direction: something with PU mons doing out of the ordinary things (something like Magmortar summoning the sun, an oricorio electric wearing a rocky helmet, mesprit using hyper beam, dragon hammer exeggutor-alola, etc.) with font saying "PU Next Best Thing"

Requester: Nightingales
For: uu ladder challenge
Art Direction: Basically was thinking of just the normal 1st, 2nd, 3rd place podium, preferably with Mega Sceptile in first place, Delphox in second, and Crobat in third, but I'm open for anything. c:
edits were made

Last edited:
Requester: King Wyanut
For: RU Teambuilding Competition
Art Direction: I think it would adorable if there was a Bewear with like a construction hat and plans talking to like a chesnaught or something, but anything of the general building theme + RU mons would suffice

Requester: teal6
For: Smogon Premier League
Art Direction: While I do love the current Cryos logo, I would like to revert our mascot Pokemon back to Regice. I'll put the previous logos below this request. This may be a bit vague, but I would really like the logo to have a sort of "Royal" feel - the kind of thing you get when looking at the Real Madrid crest. Some key words would be Cryonic, Ancient, Royal, Emperor - something that evokes strength and nobility for the players. The colors for our team have always been white and blue and I would like those to remain, along with the "ice" or "cold" feel of the logo.

I like the snowflake background, if that can be preserved in some shape or form that would be appreciated.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Art Direction: The old artwork references a ton of mons that just aren't too relevant anymore. No specific design requests or anything, but new/relevant mons that aren't likely to leave the tier way too soon include Skuntank, Charizard, Weezing, Jynx, Musharna, Mesprit, Oricorio-Sensu, Lycanroc... idk just trying to help

e: we also need artwork for the viability rankings, so if anyone else is interested or wants to create one general PU banner for big projects, that might be cool. kinda late to put this in so ill probably do a separate request later
Requester: Twix
For: PU Next Best Thing
Art Direction: something with PU mons doing out of the ordinary things (something like Magmortar summoning the sun, an oricorio electric wearing a rocky helmet, mesprit using hyper beam, dragon hammer exeggutor-alola, etc.) with font saying "PU Next Best Thing"
i'll take both of these if they are still in need

Requester: Za Meowdo
For: WCoP 2018 Team Austria Logo
Art Direction: We decided to use Latias as the team's mascot. Design-wise we are very open-minded, the artist is free to express his thoughts, tho we'd like the words 'Team Austria' whether it's on Latias' wings or at the bottom as well as the Austrian flag (or the colors, resembling the flag) to be included. Some ideas would be picturing Latias fly up the alps or including the St. Stephan's cathedral or the giant ferris wheel. Latias could even be used on the middle of the flag to replace the eagle that is used on the real thing.

For any artist interested to take on this request: feel free to shoot me unfinished stuff or ask me about anything u'd like to know! My discord is Za Meowdo#2494 but you can also pm me here on the forums :)

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為
is an Artistis a Community Contributor
Requester: teal6
For: Smogon Premier League
Art Direction: While I do love the current Cryos logo, I would like to revert our mascot Pokemon back to Regice. I'll put the previous logos below this request. This may be a bit vague, but I would really like the logo to have a sort of "Royal" feel - the kind of thing you get when looking at the Real Madrid crest. Some key words would be Cryonic, Ancient, Royal, Emperor - something that evokes strength and nobility for the players. The colors for our team have always been white and blue and I would like those to remain, along with the "ice" or "cold" feel of the logo.

I like the snowflake background, if that can be preserved in some shape or form that would be appreciated.

Hey Teal! I looked at your request and decided to give it a shot. What I came up with is reminiscent of your previous logo but just my own take on it, something that popped up in my mind while imagining so let me know how you feel about it, it can me changed so dont worry ^^ If you wanna contact me, my discord tag is Blazenix#8724

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為
Requester: Exploudit
For: OU's Community Create-a-Team
Art Direction: I really don't know what I'd like to see to be completely honest. For sure something incorporating Lando-T and Magearna since they're not only arguably the most viable Pokémon in the entire tier but also because they form an amazing offensive and defensive core. Maybe have Landorus-T and Magearna kind of discussing what teammates they would like or something as if they were planning the rest of the team, but this is for sure not definitive, take any route you want just let me know :)
Not really what you described as an option in your mind but I just thought this idea I had in mind was cool, feel free to use it and let me know what you think n_n

Not really what you described as an option in your mind but I just thought this idea I had in mind was cool, feel free to use it and let me know what you think n_n

This is really cool! Thanks for working on it :)

That being said, I hope I'm not asking for too much, but I think it'd be nice to have like 6 teamslots. And I'd rather Lando and Magearna kind of discussing with eachother, I think that'd be nice to reflect the community part so if you could draw that somehow it would be amazing. Also, it'd be nice if you could make the title "Community Create-a-Team" as of now, the word community is missing, I know it's probably because of not having space, but It's really important to emphasize teh community aspect. So, tl; dr: Add 3 more slots, add "community" to the title, and, this one isn't necessary, but if possible try to make it look like Lando-T and Magearna are talking with eachother.

Overall, it's a really creative take on it, and I'm happy you decided on taking my request :)

If you have anymore questions feel free to send a PM or ask me on Discord (Exploudit#2930)

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為
This is really cool! Thanks for working on it :)

That being said, I hope I'm not asking for too much, but I think it'd be nice to have like 6 teamslots. And I'd rather Lando and Magearna kind of discussing with eachother, I think that'd be nice to reflect the community part so if you could draw that somehow it would be amazing. Also, it'd be nice if you could make the title "Community Create-a-Team" as of now, the word community is missing, I know it's probably because of not having space, but It's really important to emphasize teh community aspect. So, tl; dr: Add 3 more slots, add "community" to the title, and, this one isn't necessary, but if possible try to make it look like Lando-T and Magearna are talking with eachother.

Overall, it's a really creative take on it, and I'm happy you decided on taking my request :)

If you have anymore questions feel free to send a PM or ask me on Discord (Exploudit#2930)
I gotcha

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為

Thoughts?

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thoughts?
Like I'm happy that anyone is working on this request given how long it's been, but is this just SM promo art with TCG art stapled over it? It seems kind of dubious to use.

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為
Like I'm happy that anyone is working on this request given how long it's been, but is this just SM promo art with TCG art stapled over it? It seems kind of dubious to use.
Well it is a SM promo art, only the pyroar art is from TCG, couldnt find a better fitting one, im psure the rest art not. Truthfully the background could be replaced with anything u want n this doesnt really break any copyright rules if thats what youre wondering about. Let me know if you decide to use it or something you really want changed.

MZ

Well it is a SM promo art, only the pyroar art is from TCG, couldnt find a better fitting one, im psure the rest art not. Truthfully the background could be replaced with anything u want n this doesnt really break any copyright rules if thats what youre wondering about. Let me know if you decide to use it or something you really want changed.
I'm not gonna using this, it's not copyright issues it's just the entire direction of the art looks like it was done in photoshop. Wish I could phrase it better but yeah really not certain about where you've taken it and the other people I linked this to seemed to agree. I really don't wanna reject what's basically just people doing art for nothing but yeah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)