The World Cup of Pokémon XI - Round 1 (Read post #402)

Status
Not open for further replies.
starting off my first wcop with an 0-2 record isnt fun but every loss is a lesson. i will definitely do better in the future.

thank you team metro for having me. despite our team not doing so well, it was fun and overall a good experience. special shoutouts to jabba, your advice and positive outlook are invaluable to the team and to me as a player. thanks kg, youre an awesome dude and an incredible player and thanks for training me in the hyperbolic time chamber before my game vs dekzeh.

ggs to both my opponents and good luck to the teams that make playoffs

edit: thanks also to m dragon for being a great host

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Don't hang your head over that one, Cased. You couldn't do much and you proved that you're competent in DPP earlier today w/ some of the most amusing games I've seen in a while - nothing wrong w/ 2-1.

Overall, it's been a rough season for Central, no denying that - the result is far from what we wanted and I take responsibility for this. At the same time, though, I had a lot of fun and you all were a great bunch - I hope everyone else enjoyed themselves, too. I do have a regret or two, but at the end of the day all we can do is move on and try to improve in the future. I'll refrain from posting formal/individual shout-outs on the forum, but I will be contacting many of you individually or in groups to discuss some things and maybe even future prospects, so keep your eyes peeled for something tomorrow or Monday! I also want to say that I'm incredibly proud of how mature and responsibly many of you handled your matches (preparation and game play), especially our various newer players - I have high hopes for all of you in the future and cannot wait to see what happens next for many of you. Finally, I hope all of you stay active on IRC and/or Skype and in contact with me and others on the team if possible - I'm glad to have befriended a lot of you and I hope we can continue to improve our team synergy for the future.

I will be rooting for East because they're a solid team, but I will be individually rooting for all of my friends - feel free to hmu for tests and team discussions - and I hope to see Greece play to the best of their potential in the playoffs as their success is quite intriguing.

Thanks again for the fun season, Central.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
It was a fun ride metro. thanks for giving a dude relatively unproven in ou the opportunity to start as well. Even though I def could have played better in my second game (was rly dumb after missing a wisp and wasn't as aggressive as I coulda been) you stuck with my 1-2 anyway lol. Thanks njnp and obii especially for team help and you guys are a lot of cool ppl

Won against Cased, you tried all you could with that horrendous matchup imo, sorry to kick Central out but you gotta do what you gotta do :/

Had a fun time with Europe, thanks Isa & Mael for keeping me entertained, Tony for working harder than anyone despite being benched, ZoroDark for playing bw like a champ and Pearl for being fairly useless but a good captain nonetheless
Better next year guys, good luck to all remaining teams.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
had fun, shoutouts to manager Pearl for believing in me, shoutouts to pessimist Mael for not believing in anything or anyone, shoutouts Justin "Brexit" Void for not quitting on us, shoutouts We Three Kings for doing nothing but shitting up the chat, shoutouts to TonyFlygon and Isa for always being motivating, shoutouts Marshall.Law Twin Citiez and hellpowna for teaching me the wonders of the English language, shoutouts to the Belgian Brothers for only talking over skype like they're complete strangers and making us all feel worried for their awkward relationship, shoutouts Jimmy Turtwig for evolving vs cased, shoutouts Vink for numbers, shoutouts to our mascots H-C choolio Hot N Cold for being there with us all the way through.

Special shoutout to my washed up homie bf 49 for building all my teams they were sick 10/10

Last edited:

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey metro. I know this wcop could have went better but you guys still played your asses off. It was a real pleasure playing on a team that worked as hard as you guys. A couple breaks and we would have been in a much better situation going into the weekend.

This may have been the last year for metro's existence so special shoutouts to the everyone who for a couple years made us one of the most concentrated area of amazing Pokemon players in the world. If only we could have channeled 2009 metro. I've captained this team plenty of times but I really don't have the vigor for it anymore. Sorry that I wasn't able to do the job as well as I have in the past. I'm going to go back to my rightful place as that old adv player on the team who doesn't do much else.

Anyway, it was great to play with you guys. More than a few of you guys are gonna be team tournament staples for years to come (except that aim guy, I just feel like he doesn't have it).

Shafofficiel

allez tout le monde en balèze (baleze baleze)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm gonna make this real simple cuz my english sucks sometimes so ya, as kushalos said it was rlly fun to display this competition with u guys whether with We Three Kings and his blind optimism or Void cuz - , H-C who was all the time here to correct me in english and TonyFlygon who is a real bro, always here to support and testing. Contrary to what everyone thinks Marshall.Law was a very good mate always here when we needed him, but don't get me wrong Marshall still a v good player both on oras and dpp. Mael ...what to say a rlly nice guy, his record is not representative at all cuz he is a rlly good person, giving ideas, helping all mates in all tiers so ya thx fam. Im not going to say anything on Kushalos cuz he is just jealous of my perfect and mesmerizing english. Vinc2612 and Isa, prolly the best teamates ever, ya def, have a tds on ur teams give u some much advantage... ngl (niggaland) these guys were rlly cool and i'll be very happy to be with us in other future tour. TheEnder, a rlly nice g, i appreciate his involvment in the team and his builds. MetalGro$$ and Pearl ( the best captain ever <3 always trustin in me) ...thx for ur followbacks Jimmy Turtwig and ZoroDark, i didn't forget bout our only mats who was positive lol, theey're really great and really and are always willing to help... well i'm tired so i'll conclude, special shoutouts to Hot N Cold for always spoiling me GoT, to choolio AND MY REAL NIGGA hellpowna with who i decided to start a business in which we will chat up to all these girls in smogon -
s/o to my nigga njnp give him back his trophheeee and Soldier the best!
i really hope next year RedMaxx gonna find his real nationality tho
One last thought to my boy Bluwing who couldn't be here

Last edited:
Vinc2612 and Isa, prolly the best teamates ever, ya def, have a tds on ur teams give u some much advantage... ngl (niggaland) these guys were rlly cool and i'll be very happy to be with us in other future tour.
I'll provide some context regarding the 'niggaland' part of Twin's post since that obviously makes no sense whatsoever.

[7/1/2016 9:45:31 PM] Pearl: ngl i'd be upset too if i were unable to do something as simple as scheduling a game of pokemon
[7/1/2016 9:45:40 PM] Twin Citiez: what means ngl ?
[7/1/2016 9:45:45 PM] Twin Citiez: niggaland ?

And while I'm here... Huge thanks to Pearl and Isa for taking a chance on such an unproven player such as myself. I know you've gotten shit for selecting me so I hope I met your expectations. I learned a lot and did my best to contribute in whatever way I could with the time I had. I met some really nice people along the way and would be happy to represent Team Europe next year as well. :]

Special shout-out to aim as I wouldn't have even considered signing up if it wasn't for you. :J

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I'd like to thank my mom and dad for blessing me with my goods looks and because of you guys, I've always done well in school. I know I didn't become a doctor or lawyer like you always wanted me to, but I'm now a successful supervisor at McDonald's, serving fries for people I don't even like. No worries though. Soon I will become an executive. I'm also good at Pokemon because of you guys. I am forever grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)