The World Cup of Pokémon XI - Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Does anyone else think it's fucked up that the USA has four teams when it's not even necessary? US Metro (New York and New Jersey) could easily be grouped together with US East to make room for another worldly team. People in South America (bar Brazil), Central America, and Caribbean don't have a team this year because of all this ridiculousness. How is this even considered "World Cup" when Latin America is not a part of it?

Any intelligent person could see that this makes no sense at all. You need to speak up Latin people. Or nothing is gonna change for the better.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
Does anyone else think it's fucked up that the USA has four teams when it's not even necessary? US Metro (New York and New Jersey) could easily be grouped together with US East to make room for another worldly team. People in South America (bar Brazil), Central America, and Caribbean don't have a team this year because of all this ridiculousness. How is this even considered "World Cup" when Latin America is not a part of it?

Any intelligent person could see that this makes no sense at all. You need to speak up Latin people. Or nothing is gonna change for the better.
This websites population is based far more in the US than Latin America as a whole. The metro region itself prolly has a similar number of ppl as the whole LA region (on this site)

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well they technically compete in World Cup if they play qualifying matches. Just because they didn't make it, doesn't mean they can't play. You also don't complain how dutch football players can't compete in euros, because their team fucked up qualifying.

Nonetheless there are surely possibilities to improve the qualifying process, but to be fair we didn't have too many years in which we playing qualifying so just wait for next year and see what will be done about that.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I think the issue is that east coast USA used to be the most centralized area of talent on smogon (and arguably it still is. Look at what metro would be if the new rules actually held to the whining). I do think a better split of the USA is needed because fuck my team is literally two states while other US teams are like 20. I think smogon could do with some userbase analysis to make a better split going forwards. There seems to be this hard inclination to stick with tradition in this tournament instead of favoring pragmatism.

I thought the reason of not letting play a team is because they're randoms or don't have enough players, LA have enough players and have a good team this year. It's not fair LA is disqualified because of bad luck. Oras and adv could have gone either way without the misses. Why dont you consider merging USA or letting LA play, it's not that difficult to change a bit the format or add 1 more good battle. Regardless, good game Asta.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
It's time - the overthrow is real n_n

Captain: Finchinator
Co-Captain: Funkasaurus

ORAS: Balto
ORAS: HSA ♥
ORAS: Improbable
ORAS: Finchinator
ORAS: urban
BW: reyscarface
DPP: Cased
ADV: Sam
GSC: d0nut
RBY: Golden Gyarados

Substitutes: Zebraiken sheep Mr.378 Rumor Confide

mascots: groudon518 toshimelonhead & Cheek Pouch

2k post celebration etc.

Thanks to everyone for being so cooperative in try-outs - there were a lot of close calls this year and I've had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know so many great users and players over the past couple weeks; I'm sorry I couldn't take all of you and I welcome ya'll to stick around in the channel! Let's go Central - time to bring the ruckus!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)