The World Cup of Pokemon VI - Signup Thread [NEW UPDATE: Post 643]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One year ago, team Oceania defended their championship and took home the title once again as the best PokeNation in the world. Today, we begin a new quest to determine which of our fiercely competitive nations will outlast all the others in a tournament like no other.

Welcome to the World Cup of Pokemon VI.

Before I move into the details of this years tournament, you may want to check out:

World Cup II
World Cup III
World Cup IV
World Cup V

I am still working on updating the World Cup page for the new tournament, but I know people are itching to go. Since the format will ultimately be almost identical to last years, I will open the signups before the site is done in the interest of time. Most people know what to expect by now.

The site will be done before the signups are over.

To be clear this is a BW OU team tournament.

Registration

The system utilized last year worked well, so I will be using it again. I will not be releasing a list of teams prior to signups; instead, I will allow people to sign up, and then base teams off of who signed up and for what. This allows me to ensure that the teams list is representative of the signups, and that there will be a good balance in the tournament. Ultimately, I don't expect too much deviation from last years team list, but it could happen.

To sign up for this tournament, use the following format:

Pokemon Online Username(s):
Country/State of Residence:
Nationality:
Other Eligibility (if applicable):
If you do not sign up in this manner, I will delete your post.

I will explain this thoroughly.

Country/State of Residence: Easy. Put what country you currently live in. If you live in the USA, put what state you live in.

Nationality: This field is for your family’s place of origin. For example, if your family moved from India to the USA, then you would put Indian. If this is the same as your first field or you don’t think it is important, omit it from your signup. List no more than two regions here (one for each parent).

Other Eligibility: This field should be a rarity. This is for situations like “I just moved to England but I lived in Canada all my life”. We will review these on a case by case basis, and will only grant them in clear cut situations.

Using this system last year, we had a balanced and essentially "controversy free" tournament when it came to people playing for certain teams. I expect nothing but the same this year.

Team Captains

Team Captains will be responsible for assembling the roster, promoting the tournament through their team through IRC or other means, ensuring their team is completing battles and subbing battlers in and out as necessary. If there is an issue with a team I will approach the captain to resolve it.

Include with your sign up post whether you would like to be considered to be a Captain. One week today, June 18, 2011, I will announce the final team list and the Captains for each team.

If you are relatively new or not known well by me, you probably should avoid signing up for captain. We have given some relatively new players captaincy in the past and it has had some pretty poor results, so we will be sticking to our veterans that we know and trust. Being captain has nothing to do with your skill, it is all about leadership and trustworthiness. The captain is not required to actually battle in the tournament.

Team Formation

After captains have been announced, there will be another one week period in which the captains have to hold tryouts/scout users to assemble their team. This will be the time period where the most activity is required from the captain, an ideal candidate would be on IRC every day and getting the opinion of well respected members of their team on potential roster spots.

Final rosters are to be submitted on or before June 25th, 2011. All rosters should include the team name, captain name, starting 8 players and 4 subs. The captain does not have to be on the playing roster at all.

**I understand that 14 days is a long time to wait before the start of Round 1, but please take advantage of this time. It is to be used to form the roster, make teams together, test those teams, etc. By the start of Round 1, all teams should be at the top of their game. Don't just sit around until the first round starts and THEN start training**

Flags

Pirika worked very hard on the flags last year, and I would like to maintain continuity by keeping them. If a new team is made, or you seriously don't like your flag, contact me and we can work out getting you a new one. I encourage you to wear these flags with pride!

IRC

IRC is a major part of this tournament. You may be left behind on a lot of the community aspect of the tournament if you don't use it, so don't miss out!

Join us in #wcop on SynIrc (irc.synirc.net) for 24/7 World Cup of Pokemon chat. This channel will make it easy to find your opponents and discuss the tournament.

Further, each team is encouraged to create their own IRC channel for team use. If you want to try out for a team, it is a good idea to sign onto their channel and get to know everyone there. These channels are the heart of this tournament.

---------------------------------

Alright, with all that out of the way, I expect a great tournament this year. Let the World Cup of Pokemon VI begin!

and remember.

fight.for.your.COUNTRY!

canada might actually win this one!!!

Pokemon Online Username(s): KnightoftheWind
Country/State of Residence: Australia
Nationality: Australian / Dutch

Let's go for the threepeat boys :)

EDIT: Just want to remind potential new members of Team Oceania to come to #ocn for tryouts and general hanging out. We won't bite :)

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon Online Username(s): Jackal
Country/State of Residence: CANADA
Nationality: Italian

~Applying For Captain~

let us acquire it.

If you are Canadian and want to try out / chill with us join us in #canada.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon Online Username(s): Seven Deadly Sins, VOLCANO BAKEMEAT, FUCK THE KNICKS
Country/State of Residence: California, USA
Nationality: American
Other Eligibility (if applicable): N/A

Looking to captain US West.

Anyone interested in being on US West can come to #wcwest on IRC for tryouts and other info!

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Pokemon Online Username(s): zerowing, makiri
Country/State of Residence: California, USA
Nationality: Slovak
Other Eligibility (if applicable): Oceania

Would only captain if BK gives up the dream

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Pokemon Online Username(s): locopoke
Country/State of Residence: New York City
Other Eligibility (if applicable): N/A

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Pokemon Online Username(s): Stallion
Country/State of Residence: Australia
Nationality: Australian / Italian

Threepeat time!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Pokemon Online Username(s): reyscarface
Country/State of Residence: Mexico

Applying for Captain...!

If youre interested in joining Team Latin America, be sure to join the channel #la in Synirc. A good way for us to know you is if you stay there and actively talk / play, and the sooner you start contacting us, the better your chances to get in are!

Pokemon Online Username(s): Rhett Butler, MooN, Quantum Mechanics
Country/State of Residence: Brazil
Nationality: Spanish/Italian

Applying to be a captain.

HANTSUKI

satan saves xmas
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RUPL Champion
Pokemon Online Username(s): Hantsuki
Nationality: Brazilian

Quantum Mechanics as captain, pleaaaase! :3

Pokemon Online Username(s): Soto., Kaoru Kamiya.
Nationality: Canadian

reyscarface is captain <3

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon Online Username(s): Lamppost
Country/State of Residence: Ohio
Nationality: American / Italian
Other Eligibility (if applicable): US East

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon Online Username: ginganinja, OCN Rules
Country/State of Residence: New Zealand
Nationality: New Zealander

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm gonna be the first person to win it 4 times.

Pokemon Online Username(s): New Zealand
Country/State of Residence: New Zealand
Nationality: New Zealand
Other Eligibility (if applicable): New Zealand

Signing up with junior to once again lead oceania to victory as co captains

Have a nice day.

Pokemon Online Username(s): Lord Liam
Country/State of Residence: British Columbia, Canada
Nationality: Canadian

Very proud of my nationality and would be proud to be a part of Team Canada.

Pokemon Online Username(s): Snunch, Finn the Human
Country/State of Residence: Washington State
Nationality: USA
Other Eligibility (if applicable):I go to college in Vermont

DC.

Eu estou aqui
Pokemon Online Username(s): DC, -13
Country/State of Residence: Portugal
Nationality: Portuguese
Other Eligibility (if applicable): My mom was born and raised in brazil

Edit: My grandparents are african (angola) i forgot to mention it before.

Pokemon Online Username(s): afterburn., Goldberg
Country/State of Residence: Qatar
Nationality: Egyptian (Father) Qatari (Mother)
Other Eligibility (if applicable): Born in Egypt, lived for 5 years there, then moved to Qatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)