Tournament TLT: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion

Banner and approval by sirDonovan
a day early holy moly
Welcome to the first week of TLT! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU

In order to fairly determine the three of these seven tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both eliminate two tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order once more. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: Eyan is a one seed, while Natalie is a sixteen seed. Natalie, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate UU. Eyan follows with RU. Natalie then eliminates Doubles OU, and Eyan eliminates LC. Of the three tiers remaining, Eyan, the higher seed, chooses to play NU first. Eyan then loses game one, and chooses to play OU next. Should it go to game three, the game mode would be Ubers.)

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Please remember to keep this thread civil regardless of friendly banter.

This round ends November 12th at 11:59pm (GMT -5). Good luck everyone!

e: Replays are not mandatory but are certainly appreciated

Last edited:
Gonna drop some predicts, lets build some hype for this lads :toast:

bdov vs. Trace - bdov didn't ban ru so that's essentially a free win for trace
t0te vs peachycl0uds - saw him hax mysterious m in blt so no reason he can't continue that form here
lkapkd1 vs Mikaav - bit unsure here but think he's all round more solid
Xiri vs Skelos - was up to dumb shit with the seedings but still reckon he'll take this fairly comfortably
MJ vs Mohican - mj beat me in bo7 so he's only slightly awful at best :heart:
Abbp vs blinkboy - probably will be busy sucking mj's dick, but I hear he's good at multitasking
Chloe vs explodingdaisies - this will be tight set imo. Unsure how Chloe will manage beyond the realms of ag
littlelachyjn vs Roseybear - another close one, rosey takes it with experience I think but can definitely go either way
Overdragoon vs Poison Adhesive - no idea who second guy is so I don't see overdragoon falling at the first hurdle
Ark vs byronthewellwell - highlight match af holy shit. I reckon ark is probably the most well rounded player in the tour but byron could take any of these tiers. I expect this to be close and exciting
OminousDraco vs leo05051998 - OD shouldn't have too much of an issue with this guy who put his d.o.b in his username
Le Sabreur vs BigBoy038 - this will be close and could go either way but I reckon le sabreur edges it
Villa vs TheFranklin - he may be an arsehole but he's quite a good arsehole
Luthier vs Elyna - presuming luthier doesn't get to flustered at the prospect of playing a girl he should take this relatively easily
Naian Dach vs Mysterious M - better player imo, he ain't going out this early
Hamhamhamham vs MS3D - probably the two worst usernames here. Ms3d takes it because he's not a piece of meat
The Cheesen One vs Uwoodz03 - better player and luckier too
Go0d vs Plas - plas is a Jack of all trades and ain't going out round 1 for sure
parivard vs MiyoKa - another highlight game. I expect this to have as much shit talking as it does good plays. Pari will probably put himself in a winning position and then choke on a fat one.
EternalSnowman vs Trade - probably the set I'd like to catch live the most. Two very good, well rounded players. I expect esm to take it though with a lot more experience in sm
Akiko Yosano vs Microwavable - another close one, I reckon micro takes it though just through preparation if anything
Osh vs Jrsmash9 - Osh is dumb, but not dumb enough to bring 3 teams that can't beat stall
SableyeMyBae vs Blitzburgh - this could be a close set. Smb has a lot more experience but it'll depend on whether he's lazy and just brings stall or not
PD vs PokemonCestDur - nobody can stop the purpledoo$her
youmu@poke vs USAPIKACHU2K7 - some interesting usernames here...
London13 vs lightning1870 - only match I can't pick a clear winner. 2 friends and will almost certainly be an exciting and close set
Pradhaaan vs lopd - no.1 seed for a reason. Should take this with ease
Hell Rayquaza11 vs FMG - this boy qualified for smogtour playoffs (rip), I doubt he'll have an issue blowing through rayquaza boy
Kingofcrimea vs Abyssal Ruins - don't know who second guy is and koc is pretty solid so..
RevivalCircus vs SANJAY - will bring memes to a least one game and probably still win because he's the 'GOAT of all GOATS'
Whitewash vs -Latios- - Cam is cute and I don't know who latios is so picking cam solely based on that
Jrdn vs neomon - another highlight set imo. Jrdn may be an om player but he's certainly no slouch and I reckon he'll clutch it out in the decider

2 sets I'm hoping to catch the most are ark vs byron and esm vs trade. I reckon they'll be some fire games. Please take no offense if I didn't pick you, chances are I don't know you and it's just for fun anyway :pirate:

I'll predict stuff too

bdov vs. Trace - trace strikes me as the overall superior player, and I'd expect him to win this quite easily
t0te vs peachycl0uds
lkapkd1 vs Mikaav
Xiri vs Skelos - everyone likes the pizzaguy, unfort u didnt get the seed u wanted :x
Abbp vs blinkboy
MJ vs Mohican - mj is the most fire austrian dude there is, right behind me ofc
Chloe vs explodingdaisies - probably one of the highlights, dont know how much either know about tiers outside their comfort zone, but should still be a fun series
littlelachyjn vs Roseybear - hey, big fan
Overdragoon vs Poison Adhesive - i dont like ur attitude but idt you'll lose r1
Ark vs byronthewellwell - oooooof fire match, pls post the replays guys, i wanna watch it :x
OminousDraco vs leo05051998
Le Sabreur
vs BigBoy038
Villa vs TheFranklin
Luthier vs Elyna
Naian Dach vs Mysterious M
Hamhamhamham
vs MS3D - dude dont bring sanjay teams in nu,
The Cheesen One vs Uwoodz03
Go0d vs Plas - good user, great player, expect him to go really far in this
parivard vs MiyoKa - this match hasnt even happened and its full of salt already. option 1 miyoka gets haxed and spams every room he is in complaining about it for 2 and a half hours, option 2 pari gets haxed and dos the same thing
EternalSnowman vs Trade - should be a nice match, but i think trade has the slight edge here
Akiko Yosano vs Microwavable
Osh vs Jrsmash9 - chespin
SableyeMyBae vs Blitzburgh
PD vs PokemonCestDur - purpledooooooooooosh
youmu@poke vs USAPIKACHU2K7 - t b h all i have ever seen youmupoke use is stall, so that might be taken advantage of
London13 vs lightning1870
Pradhaaan vs lopd - pradhaan is kinda fire
Hell Rayquaza11 vs FMG - funky monkey gamer?
Kingofcrimea vs Abyssal Ruins - koc should win this with relative ease
RevivalCircus vs SANJAY - ur nu teams lose to lix...
Whitewash vs -Latios- - gotta go with my man cam here
Jrdn vs neomon - lookin forward to this!

Last edited:
Gonna drop some predicts, lets build some hype for this lads :toast:

bdov vs. Trace - bdov didn't ban ru so that's essentially a free win for trace
t0te vs peachycl0uds - saw him hax mysterious m in blt so no reason he can't continue that form here
lkapkd1 vs Mikaav - bit unsure here but think he's all round more solid
Xiri vs Skelos - was up to dumb shit with the seedings but still reckon he'll take this fairly comfortably
MJ vs Mohican - mj beat me in bo7 so he's only slightly awful at best :heart:
Abbp vs blinkboy - probably will be busy sucking mj's dick, but I hear he's good at multitasking
Chloe vs explodingdaisies - this will be tight set imo. Unsure how Chloe will manage beyond the realms of ag
littlelachyjn vs Roseybear - another close one, rosey takes it with experience I think but can definitely go either way
Overdragoon vs Poison Adhesive - no idea who second guy is so I don't see overdragoon falling at the first hurdle
Ark vs byronthewellwell - highlight match af holy shit. I reckon ark is probably the most well rounded player in the tour but byron could take any of these tiers. I expect this to be close and exciting
OminousDraco vs leo05051998 - OD shouldn't have too much of an issue with this guy who put his d.o.b in his username
Le Sabreur vs BigBoy038 - this will be close and could go either way but I reckon le sabreur edges it
Villa vs TheFranklin - he may be an arsehole but he's quite a good arsehole
Luthier vs Elyna - presuming luthier doesn't get to flustered at the prospect of playing a girl he should take this relatively easily
Naian Dach vs Mysterious M - better player imo, he ain't going out this early
Hamhamhamham vs MS3D - probably the two worst usernames here. Ms3d takes it because he's not a piece of meat
The Cheesen One vs Uwoodz03 - better player and luckier too
Go0d vs Plas - plas is a Jack of all trades and ain't going out round 1 for sure
parivard vs MiyoKa - another highlight game. I expect this to have as much shit talking as it does good plays. Pari will probably put himself in a winning position and then choke on a fat one.
EternalSnowman vs Trade - probably the set I'd like to catch live the most. Two very good, well rounded players. I expect esm to take it though with a lot more experience in sm
Akiko Yosano vs Microwavable - another close one, I reckon micro takes it though just through preparation if anything
Osh vs Jrsmash9 - Osh is dumb, but not dumb enough to bring 3 teams that can't beat stall
SableyeMyBae vs Blitzburgh - this could be a close set. Smb has a lot more experience but it'll depend on whether he's lazy and just brings stall or not
PD vs PokemonCestDur - nobody can stop the purpledoo$her
youmu@poke vs USAPIKACHU2K7 - some interesting usernames here...
London13 vs lightning1870 - only match I can't pick a clear winner. 2 friends and will almost certainly be an exciting and close set
Pradhaaan vs lopd - no.1 seed for a reason. Should take this with ease
Hell Rayquaza11 vs FMG - this boy qualified for smogtour playoffs (rip), I doubt he'll have an issue blowing through rayquaza boy
Kingofcrimea vs Abyssal Ruins - don't know who second guy is and koc is pretty solid so..
RevivalCircus vs SANJAY - will bring memes to a least one game and probably still win because he's the 'GOAT of all GOATS'
Whitewash vs -Latios- - Cam is cute and I don't know who latios is so picking cam solely based on that
Jrdn vs neomon - another highlight set imo. Jrdn may be an om player but he's certainly no slouch and I reckon he'll clutch it out in the decider

2 sets I'm hoping to catch the most are ark vs byron and esm vs trade. I reckon they'll be some fire games. Please take no offense if I didn't pick you, chances are I don't know you and it's just for fun anyway :pirate:
lol I predict all higher seed players take the hax and lose

I'll predict stuff too

bdov vs. Trace - trace strikes me as the overall superior player, and I'd expect him to win this quite easily
t0te vs peachycl0uds
lkapkd1 vs Mikaav
Xiri vs Skelos - everyone likes the pizzaguy, unfort u didnt get the seed u wanted :x
Abbp vs blinkboy
MJ vs Mohican - mj is the most fire austrian dude there is, right behind me ofc
Chloe vs explodingdaisies - probably one of the highlights, dont know how much either know about tiers outside their comfort zone, but should still be a fun series
littlelachyjn vs Roseybear - hey, big fan
Overdragoon vs Poison Adhesive - i dont like ur attitude but idt you'll lose r1
Ark vs byronthewellwell - oooooof fire match, pls post the replays guys, i wanna watch it :x
OminousDraco vs leo05051998
Le Sabreur
vs BigBoy038
Villa vs TheFranklin
Luthier vs Elyna
Naian Dach vs Mysterious M
Hamhamhamham
vs MS3D - dude dont bring sanjay teams in nu,
The Cheesen One vs Uwoodz03
Go0d vs Plas - good user, great player, expect him to go really far in this
parivard vs MiyoKa - this match hasnt even happened and its full of salt already. option 1 miyoka gets haxed and spams every room he is in complaining about it for 2 and a half hours, option 2 pari gets haxed and dos the same thing
EternalSnowman vs Trade - should be a nice match, but i think trade has the slight edge here
Akiko Yosano vs Microwavable
Osh vs Jrsmash9 - chespin
SableyeMyBae vs Blitzburgh
PD vs PokemonCestDur - purpledooooooooooosh
youmu@poke vs USAPIKACHU2K7 - t b h all i have ever seen youmupoke use is stall, so that might be taken advantage of
London13 vs lightning1870
Pradhaaan vs lopd - pradhaan is kinda fire
Hell Rayquaza11 vs FMG - funky monkey gamer?
Kingofcrimea vs Abyssal Ruins - koc should win this with relative ease
RevivalCircus vs SANJAY - ur nu teams lose to lix...
Whitewash vs -Latios- - gotta go with my man cam here
Jrdn vs neomon - lookin forward to this!
I'm lookin forward to ark and parivard,overdragoon,bdov and le sabreur and my man PD

Last edited:

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為
is an Artistis a Community Contributor
Idk like half of these guys so just gonna predict matches of people i know of oo

bdov vs. Trace -I'm sure trace has far more experience than bdov to lose vs him but then again we're playing pokemon and trace did spend what was probably his life-long worth of luck yesterday so there's a chance things go the other way.
lkapkd1 vs Mikaav - I'm not sure of either's playing capability but I've head Mikaav is actually decent so we'll see how this goes.
Xiri vs Skelos - Don't know the other guy so i'd root for my boy skelos.
Abbp vs blinkboy - He's probably gonna be busy training for the next olympics but he can still multitask enough to pick up girls while training and play pokemon games with his little finger.
MJ vs Mohican - Idt MJ loses at this game, even hax would kneel in front of him.
Chloe vs explodingdaises - Gonna give this to ED here considering he has a grasp of multiple tiers which can be an advantage here against chloe who i'm not sure if plays any main tiers or not.
littlelachyjn vs Roseybear - Both are decent but rosey can bring all kinds of heat and lachy can be wild af so he's hard pretty hard to tame ( speaking from experience here ), interested to see how this goes.
Overdragoon vs Poison Adhesive - Overdragoon is not bad so I assume he can take this one against his opponent that I don't know about :[
Ark vs byronthewellwell - When two Twinleaf niggas face each other r1
Anyway, I've seen both dudes play and I know they're solid so I'd call this an HL match and very excited to see how this goes.
OminousDraco vs leo05051998 - I doubt OD would lose to Leo and his phonenumber.
Le Sabreur vs BigBoy038 - Only time i've seen these guys play is durint BLT so based on that I think BigBoy has this.
Villa vs TheFranklin - He's a cunt but hes not bad at the game so I can't take that away, go villa I hope you get to finals but never win.
Luthier vs Elyna - Quoting HamHamHamHam here, " presuming luthier doesn't get to flustered at the prospect of playing a girl he should take this relatively easily "
Naian Dach vs Mysterious M - MM is solid so im sure he'd win n_n
Hamhamhamham vs MS3D - Though he may be a ginger and be handsome, hes equally as scary in battle with his 2.5Kg Biceps plays and 105Kg Stealth rocks so I don't think his opponent has a chance.
The Cheesen One vs Uwoodz03 - Could go either way but rooting for cheese here n_n
Go0d vs Plas - He's blessed with the fruit of both skill and luck therefore in a game requiring those two, he just can't lose, PlasGOAT!
parivard vs MiyoKa - Parivard is nb but I think miyoka has more experience and skills.
EternalSnowman vs Trade - The cold never bothered him so only bring heat teams to fight his own heat teams which include mega venusaur mega venusuar and mega venusaur.
Akiko Yosano vs Microwavable - Both my friends so I dont know who to root for ;-;. Akiko is the goat but i think micro can play lower tiers better so could go either way.
Osh vs Jrsmash9 -

SableyeMyBae vs Blitzburgh - SMB's solid so Blitz will struggle.
PD vs PokemonCestDur - This is just another excuse for him to advertise his proom in front of an audience.
London13 vs lightning1870 - My boi lightning is lowkey S rank but alas.
Pradhaaan vs lopd - My boy finally got a chance to play in a tour where he's given the option anything other than OU so he must be happy rn, rooting for him.
Hell Rayquaza11 vs FMG - FMG's pretty good so I dont see him losing this, rooting for him as well oo
RevivalCircus vs SANJAY -

Whitewash vs -Latios- - Esteemed Lobby Mod he must be good, Go Cam !_!
Jrdn vs neomon - Heard neomon is good but Jrdn doesn't have time to lose so giving it to him.

GO TWINLEAF NIGGAS!

parivard vs MiyoKa saltiest mu in this tour, one of us will find any excuse to justify his lose, even if no haxx n shit, expect trashtalk here, on the room, in pms and for a while. + he's gonna john me for a week so expect me to be salty even before the game starts (even if i am winning this)

also go mm, byron, ark, PD, Plas, Sabreur :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)