Project Top 10 Titans of the 6th Gen RU Metagame (Some final revision before Sun & Moon; check post #216)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If Im being honest, I dont think durant even deserves to be in the top 10, and my vote wont make the difference...

...BUT, you people voted for it and I respect that decision, plus this mon was actually incredible anyways

So yeah, the 9th titan is as stated:

VOTING FOR #10, THE FINAL ONE, STARTS NOW. LETS GET IT DONE!

Broken Sweeper doesn't always Influential.

Durant didn't really constrict a playstyle or have multiple unique sets (Yes, it did have Scarf, AoA, and Hone Claws. Those all served roughly the same purpose and were checked by roughly the same things.) This last mon had multiple sets that changed up its checks, singlehandedly made offence unplayable and dented even the bulkiest walls at the same time. It had a single powerful STAB that just won games and additional coverage that left it with no counters, or you just ran a choice Band and melted anything without coverage. It brought bad mons like Mawile and Poliwrath up in usage and they almost instantly fell down when it left.

Honorable Mention: Meloetta (Should be Durant)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Meloetta

A Pokemon that has been an incredibly consistent Pokemon throughout all of gen 6 should be on the first 10 places at least. Meloetta sums that up perfectly, really good Pokemon being the best option for a psychic type in RU during XY due to being ghost immune, trait that allowed it to handle doublade and effectively check opposing psychic type Pokemon and being a fairly adaptable Pokemon, with sub calm mind, specs or colbur calm mind which is a set that gained traction during ORAS and helped pull off double psychic cores. It just has been great, only worse on a metagame where dugtrio was so dominant but that hindered so many other Pokemon as well anyways.

Tyrantrum was virtually non-existant in XY and only started becoming an actual threat mid ORAS, I dont think it really deserves to be on the list. Not even as a special mention (12th or 13th place if anything).

Hmm, I feel as if meloetta reuniclus durant all deserve a slot, but there are only 2 D:! They're imo far above everything esle on the list. 11 really would be the perfect number seeing as it sucks to leave 1 of them.

Anyway, my vote is for reuniclus, though it's hard to deny meloetta as a titan, really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)