ORAS UU Triple Trap

[Awesome image with Haxorus, Conkeldurr and Mega-swampert looking down on you]

[very small intro] This team has given me many fun because when the opponent finally finds a way out of my sweepers he stumbles into another one and at then his answers are probably dead. I don't know why the Mega-pert sprite and the Uxieball images below (from bulbapedia) were getting linkbroken (fixed) because i could see them clearly after editing this post. And heres where i peaked on the dead ladder:

Teambuilding process:

I felt like Haxorus just needed some momentum to set up. It is a great Lum berry Dragon Dancer, and its dragon type gives it decent resistances.

In order to set momentum for it, I originally started with this idea of stealth rock + u-turn Uxie. UU lost azelf, and Uxie had some great utility. Immediately after it i had the core for this team. This is because i already had experienced many conkeldurr sets before and just knew it would be a top tier great addition to deal with Mega-absol.

At this point i was running defensive conkeldurr. But then realized i didn't need to, because Uxie could run double screens and make bulk up conk a monster on its own while fully attack invested. Then i thought: some fairy types may put in work against this team since i can't switch haxorus into them to poison jab. Thinking along the lines that specs sylveon really was not common at all, i came in with this offensive duo and called the team "Ground Spam":

And last but not least Empoleon would fit the last spot for removing hazards, checking special attackers and giving me aqua jet emergency kills.

Later on, after testing, i found out that nidoking was the odd one here, mainly because the only move i used it for was ice beam. Also, the team overall was very slow, so i subbed nidoking for scarf froslass. Now i had something for haxorus, emergency destiny bond and a ghost to help with curselax and negate spinners, along with trick utility to deal with stall. However, slurpuff was still an issue as it would just 6-0 my team. Also, the ghost typing wasnt of much help since i don't really require rocks to be up and snorlax can be dealt with conkeldurr. With this in mind, and the fact i was struggling against mega-stoise, i switched it to whimsicott and this is the team ive reached:

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Toxic

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Swampert-Mega (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Aqua Jet
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Whimsicott @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Switcheroo
- Giga Drain

The Lead

Whimsicott @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Switcheroo
- Giga Drain

I use this scarfed because it outspeeds cloyster after shell smash, Mega-swampert after rain dance, slurpuff after unburden activates, and other scarfers, while also being able to U-turn on both Crobat and Mega-aero.

The Pseudo-lead

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Toxic

This mon was really hard for me to figure out because i needed to run toxic for cresselia and double screens were on the way. I couldn't remove Stealth rocks because Entei Extreme Speed could wear out my mons and Aqua Jet empoleon is not gonna save me by itself. U-turn was the way i had to deal with opponent predicts, as well as setting up my sweepers. After many thought and lots of toxic-less plays i removed Light Screen. The EVs might not be optimal.

The PenQueen

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Aqua Jet
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Not much to say here, except I usually have to switch into this at least once. Good against klefki.

Trap 1

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Standard set, completely walled by magnet rise klefki i know. Who cares bout klefki anyway? The rest of the team can deal with it with relative ease. I tried to sub this for venomoth. However, moth has less opportunities to set up and in the end a fire resist with the dragon type is more important than i once thought. Lack of lum berry was also an issue since i didn't have any other way to deal with status aside from conkeldurr.

Trap 2

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

A lot better than i first thought, this thing has a not so well explored potential when paired with a screens setter. For my selfish being i have hidden the amount of speed i run on this.

Trap 3
-Have you noticed my tail?
Swampert-Mega (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Again not much to say, pairs well with stuff. Usually the opponent won't be able to kill the 3 set up sweepers due to their bulk.

Treatlist: i have answers for the most stuff imo. I struggled a bit to get past umbreon before whimsicott, and it is still not a good team to face a Mega-Blastoise. Also, removing froslass means that heracross WILL hit and will hit hard.
Gyarados, Alomomola, Rotom-H and Roserade may also put in work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)