Tournament Ubers Premier League V - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Week 2 of UPL V, where we already got all the drama out of the way (please)!

Important Things to Remember

• Good sportsmanship is expected. We have an Unsportsmanlike Conduct infraction for a reason, and we will use it if needed. Semi-aggressive play is fine, but don't go overboard.
  • Use your VM walls to schedule matches. VM activity will be a big factor in deciding activity wins.
  • If you wish to replay a disconnection, you MUST have submitted your team by FORUM PM to Fireburn before your match. If this is unclear, here is the information from the previous SPL thread:
Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

Also, to protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer and not be hour-a-move dicks.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Oglemi and Aldaron, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 Pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health Pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% Pokemon and your opponent is at last Pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like Philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

To further ensure no funny business, if, in the case of a DC replay, there is any concern from either party about funny business, both parties have the right to request a screenshot of the current Pokemon's stats in battle. This is irrelevant for Showdown as you can simply rejoin a battle there, but PO allows you to see the currently out Pokemon's stats if you scroll over it with your mouse. Just hit PrntScrn (windows) while scrolling over it if requested by your opponent, preferably with proof that it is a screenshot of that actual battle (consider including the opponent's request in the battle screen in the screenshot).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

• YOU MUST SAVE A REPLAY/LOG OF YOUR MATCH OR IT WILL BE CONSIDERED INVALID. These are fun to watch and can be used for statistics and to chronicle new metagame developments over the course of UPL, so you should do it anyway!
  • DO NOT JOHN YOUR MATCHES OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES

DaReal Drizzlers (4) vs Grand Helix Fossils (4)

SM Ubers: TDK vs Dominatio
SM Ubers: Zaionar vs Leru
SM Ubers: Finchinator vs The Trap God
ORAS Ubers: Tricking vs Hugo Barrington
ORAS Ubers: Serga vs LucosDICampos
BW2 Ubers: Hack vs FLCL
DPP Ubers: BKC vs rozes
ADV Ubers: magsyy vs shrang

The Burning Red White Kyurems (4) vs Devastating Dragceus (4)

SM Ubers: SvetaGS3 vs March Fires
SM Ubers: hyw vs Poek
SM Ubers: Thimo vs Gastrik
ORAS Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs Blim
ORAS Ubers: Lord Outrage vs Seirle
BW2 Ubers: Sheetanshu vs ZoroDark
DPP Ubers: Alex Walls vs absdaddy
ADV Ubers: Melle2402 vs SoulWind

Defiant Durians
(5) vs Cipher Syndicate (3)

SM Ubers: Exiline vs orch
SM Ubers: Krauersaut vs Real FV13
SM Ubers: obii vs Steve Angello
ORAS Ubers: Reje vs Mysterious M
ORAS Ubers: Californium vs benbe
BW2 Ubers: Kebabe vs PROBLEMS
DPP Ubers: M Dragon vs Jirachee
ADV Ubers: zf vs p2

Deadline is May 7th at 11:59 PM EST.

Additional notes:
  • Arceus is banned from DPP Ubers.
  • Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree to play on PO. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS!, you must save a log of the match. In the event of a disagreement, you must play on PS!
  • The logo at the top is courtesy of HotFuzzBall!
  • ALL MATCHUPS ARE BEST OF THREE
Good luck to all!

*MANAGERS, IF THERE IS AN ERROR IN YOUR LINEUPS CONTACT FIREBURN IMMEDIATELY*

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
DaReal Drizzlers (6) vs Grand Helix Fossils (2)

The Burning Red White Kyurems (5) vs Devastating Dragceus (3)
ORAS Ubers: Lord Outrage vs Thugly Duckling

lets goooo durians :] glhf all.

When a person with nothing but an Ice Beam/Judgment/Recover/Stealth Rock Arceus-Ground left finds himself facing off against a remaining team consisting of Choice Band Ho-Oh, Geomancy Xerneas and Extreme Killer Arceus... it is ridiculously easy for him to say "GG" before forfeiting the battle. But a trainer who possesses true courage and determination would realize that the battle is far from over, and that he can still win by scoring repeated freezes with Ice Beam, while dodging eight Sacred Fires in a row. Pokémon is not a game completely devoid of skill, but a person who is unwilling to place his trust in luck when it is his only way of winning cannot call himself a true Pokémon trainer. He who retreats ages, and he who hesitates loses. Everyone recognizes both the opposing trainer as well as the random number generator as opponents to overcome in a Pokémon battle... but few recognize their own cowardly nature as such as well. However, to The Burning Red White Kyurems, the "forfeit" option does not exist, and we will always take every chance to win, no matter the odds!

GLORY BE TO OUR IMMINENT VICTORY!

Last edited:
the game against benbe was somewhat crucial and i wasnt around after the win so i just wanted to highlight some key moments i feel-
in g1, hax evened out p nicely so nothin much to say, max def 204 HP resttalk xern would hav def managed to keep things ez and grab the W but ig it was the e killer that was the anchor ultimately
in g2, i probz regret the moment i let my rockceus eat that tox cuz rockeus had a shot at taking it all on the turn it came because klef and pdon were already down and in judg range respectively, shuda recovered t1 on waterceus and then harded gar on tox.
in g3, it was a decent fast paced game imo where basically the tox spike was aimed at restricting the movement of the waterceus so that mkang maximised outta that and also to force gar in frequently to hav multiple opportunites at grabbing momentum and setting rocks up, ho oh was kinda deadweight so sacking it was inevitable. Then there was an edge miss on my ho oh which didnt weigh much at all cuz lati revenged that ho oh the next turn and then there was a tox miss on my pdon which actually was pretty beneficial for my opp in the long run cuz my pdon would have died out of tox damage keeping waterceus at 50 ish range after which lum ada e killer would have grabbed it all. Regardless, ty for adjusting stuff around a bit and helpin sort stuff out

Last edited:
DaReal Drizzlers (5) vs Grand Helix Fossils (3)

Defiant Durians (4) vs Cipher Syndicate (4)

SM Ubers: Pohjis vs Real FV13

The Burning Red White Kyurems (8) vs Devastating Dragceus (0)

SM Ubers: hyw vs Poek Tbh, This will be interesting to see for me...

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
in contact with my opponent, let's repeat the performance from last week team ~

Highlight games:
SM Ubers: hyw vs Poek - so hard to call this one but I believe in Poek

Last edited:

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DaReal Drizzlers (04) vs Grand Helix Fossils (04)

The Burning Red White Kyurems (03) vs Devastating Dragceus (05)

Defiant Durians (07) vs
Cipher Syndicate (01)

SM Ubers: Pohjis vs Real FV13

Good Luck to everyone!!

hyw

Banned deucer.
getting the bad luck frontloaded to week 1 is fine by me... if anything is to show from last year, the drizzlers only lose ONCE in the regular season

lets crush it team
I really thought you weren't this dumb but to call out the independent theory of probability crosses a certain line. I won't really take the debate and I will instead encourage you to read read up on statistics if you have not already (the occurrence of unlikely events in the past have neither stochastic bearing nor causal correlation upon future prospects of said events). Some links (I put wikipedia one in simple english because I suppose they are a bit too hard to understand).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_(probability_theory)
http://www.engr.mun.ca/~ggeorge/MathGaz04.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)