SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon New Pokemon/Moves Info

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So is Mimikyu's Z-Move really just Twinkle Tackle + 15BP? Thats pretty boring. I see on the New move pastebin it has Effect 416 under it, does that mean anything in particular?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
@ above
various exclusive Z moves make contact (catastropika, pulverizing pancake, searing sunraze smash, etc). Splintered Stormshards, however, does not.

Does Photon Geyser still hit on the Special Side if the Attack is higher, or does it deal physical damage instead? There's often implication that it's the former, but the game text is ambiguous

So is Mimikyu's Z-Move really just Twinkle Tackle + 15BP? Thats pretty boring. I see on the New move pastebin it has Effect 416 under it, does that mean anything in particular?
Does any other move have that effect? It might just be the bypassing Protect thing that all Z-moves have. The move description definitely doesn't mention any special effect (which is unfortunate, because refreshing its disguise would have been pretty cool).

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Does any other move have that effect? It might just be the bypassing Protect thing that all Z-moves have. The move description definitely doesn't mention any special effect (which is unfortunate, because refreshing its disguise would have been pretty cool).
All of the moves introduced in USUM have new effects barring Z-Moongeist and Z-Sunsteel and the ones with effects of 0 (even though they shouldn't be 0 imo).

The hex code for the effect is just what the move does, so for example, Clangorous Soulblaze's hexcode is a "summary" for what it is and does (sound, authentic, boosts all stats by 1, z move, hits all adjacent foes)

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Individual threads have already popped up everywhere but this thread is completely updated with every piece of information about the new Pokemon and moves!

sorry to ask this again, but my question kinda got lost on the other thread:P

Is it 100% confirmed that Ubs are Iv locked at min 3 31s ?
Just thinking this could be a potential change since you can apparently catch as many as you want

sorry to ask this again, but my question kinda got lost on the other thread:P

Is it 100% confirmed that Ubs are Iv locked at min 3 31s ?
Just thinking this could be a potential change since you can apparently catch as many as you want
All pokemon in the Undiscovered Egg Group are found in the wild with three 31 IVs, including baby pokemon such as Munchlax and Riolu.

Actually, no, that was only true in X and Y. They fixed that in ORAS so that it’s only Sub-Legends/Legends/Mythicals.
So then, is it still true for UBs, now that we can catch an infinite amount of them?
Is it true for Legendaries, since they're apparently infinite through Ultra Space as well now?

Am I allowed to ask here how Plasma Fists works exactly? I care nought for the competitive implications but apparently that's why my question got deleted in another thread.

Am I allowed to ask here how Plasma Fists works exactly? I care nought for the competitive implications but apparently that's why my question got deleted in another thread.
I think plasma fists gives your opponent galvanize effect so that any normal type move they use becomes electric for the turn, which is cool because Zeraora gets volt absorb.

Reactions: Edu
Necrozma just became next-level in so many aspects. It can set up defensively with Prism Armor into an offensive force using Neuroforce. Or set up and Light That Burns The Sky away. Even it's new signature move allows more sets. Next-level sc-fi dragonic alien

Is there a concise list of which movepools have been expanded via tutor or new level-up moves in Ultra SM? I'd love to see a list of each pokemon and which moves they got that they didn't have access to before (or didn't have access to in Gen VII Native, like Defog Empoleon)

Anyone else disappointed that Ultra Necrozma only learns two Dragon type moves (Outrage, Dragon Pulse), despite being a dragon type? The Dragon typing just seems tacked on. Regardless, this thing is broken as fuck. Definitely a top threat in Ubers.

I don´t know if this is the right place to ask, but what set would be good for surf-chu in battle spot doubles (which is by far my most favorite format?? And would be Kantonian or Alolan variant better?

I love Kanto Raichu, it´s my signature poke of sorts, but I have a feeling that in this case Alolan is better, simply because Surge Surfer is superior to Static and because of slightly better special attack. Bad thing is you can´t (I am 99,9 % sure of that, but still hoping someone will prove me wrong) breed him (well, you can, but Surf would not be passed onto offspring), so no Lightingrod, no Fake out, no Encore.

I was thinking:

Raichu-A
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Item: Alolaraichum Z/Life Orb
- Surf (well, duh)
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Psychic
- Protect

I will try this on rain team with either Koko (for that speed and electric power boost) or Lele (to stop Sucker Punches and to boost Psychic). Rain for max damage from Surf and 100 % accurate Thunder. The moves are simple, Surf (the move I am doing this for, negates the need for HP Ice and with rain boost it will pack a punch. TBolt/Thunder and Psychic are obligatory STABS, also getting boosts from their respective terrains. Protect is self-explanatory. So, what do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)