Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, just posting to apologize for the delay. Due to a few technical difficulties with my laptop, showdown and the forums been practically unusable for about 36 hours now. It should be all good soon, and I'll resume this thread as normal when that time comes.

Apologies for the super long delay, everything's fine now, my laptop didn't explode :D
Congrats to A Cake Wearing A Hat for winning another week in a close vote!

This week will go to Crawdaunt. One of the plethora of underappreciated Water-types in UU, Crawdaunt poses a massive threat to many defensively inclined Pokemon thanks to its Water / Dark STAB combination bolstered by Adaptability and access to Swords Dance. It's poor bulk and Speed is somewhat mitigated by its access to Aqua Jet, strong priority that can make it tricky to revenge kill. However, its lackluster defensive abilities can make it a bit tricky to get on the field safely. While the banning of Buzzwole is certainly a good thing for it, Crawdaunt will find itself scared away by common UU staples such as Latias, Hydreigon, and Conkeldurr in many situations.

Due to me wanting to get back to the regular schedule asap, submissions will end on Saturday, 8 PM EST. Sorry if that's not a ton of time :(!

INSULT

and every day the paper boy brings more
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
upload_2017-7-12_18-53-17.png
upload_2017-7-12_18-53-28.png
upload_2017-7-12_18-53-43.png
upload_2017-7-12_18-53-55.png
upload_2017-7-12_18-54-35.png
upload_2017-7-12_18-55-24.png

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Facade
- Drain Punch

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 152 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Nice balance team I built around SD Crawdaunt, I prefer SD over band because what Crawdaunt doesn't kill on the switch with Knock/Crabhammer; it then can pick off with a Jet. Also having access to SD, Crawdaunt can clean up late game when Conks/Latis are low. So first off I decided to put Mega Aero on this team as it is the best mega imo. Stone Edge and Wing Attack hit incredibely hard, and I added fire fang to pick off defensive Scizors who will more likely than not click u-turn against Aero. Next, I put Specs Hydreigon on the team to help break through walls that will annoy Crawdaunt such as; Amoongus, Tentacruel and Forretress. Not Much can switch in to this mon to begin with so adding Specs makes it so much harder for opposing Balance Teams to deal with. Next mon is guts Conkeldurr which hits extremely hard. Its good physical bulk and hp allow it to take on threats like Mega Swampert, and Scizor. The double priority in Mach Punch and Aqua Jet helps out with revenging offensive mons like Xurkitree. The Final two mons form the defensive backbone to the Team with Gliscor and Sylveon. Gliscor as our stealth rocker is a good pivot and can take on mons like Amoonguss and SD Scizor with Taunt. I added Sylveon to help out with the many broken Special Attakers in the tier. Max SPDef even allows it to take 2 Hydro Pumps From Primarina.

Last edited:
Reactions: TSR
This is something I knew I'd have to decide on eventually, so since we only had a single submission all week, there will be no winner this week. I considered allowing insult to win by default, but I am hoping for this thread to be a competition and felt like that killed the spirit of it :( Thank you for posting though! People making an effort to keep this project alive means a lot to me.

Next week will be up at the regular time, 8 PM EDT (approximately 4 1/2 hours from now).

Back again. After a recommendation and a bit of consideration, I've decided that it would be best to put this on hiatus until the later stages of UU Open. I can understand why people wouldn't wanna make teams public right now, so I'll be resuming this a) either after the tour is over, or b) around round 7 or 8 (at the earliest). Thank you again to everyone who helped keep this alive for almost 2 months! We'll be back Soon™.

Hello there!

UU Open just concluded this weekend (sooner than I was expecting tbh), so as promised this thread will resume (sometime) tomorrow. The meta has shifted quite a bit in these last two months so there's quite a bit of updates I should be making to the OP along with this, stay tuned!

Alright we back, let's get this started :D! The overall posting still might be a little under the weather due to Snake, but that encompasses a far smaller playerbase than that of the early stages of this Open (even though there are some people playing in Snake that I want to post :changry:)

First off, I ended up labeling all of the teams in the current Hall of Fame as outdated for one reason or another, you can check it out if you want but for the most part, I wouldn't recommend using any of them in the current metagame.

With that, for the second attempt of week 6, please post your Mega Beedrill teams! Mega Beedrill is experiencing a mix of success with the most recent tier shift, being able to easily threaten new UU threats like Mega Altaria and Gardevoir. In addition, it's massive offensive presence with tools like Toxic Spikes and Pursuit can put a massive strain on a variety of team styles. However, the recent drops have caused many of its checks such as Klefki, Doublade, Cobalion, and Scizor to rise in usage and viability, and it still struggles to do significant damage to any team with Gliscor and still-omnipresent Mega Aerodactyl.

Submissions end Saturday night EST like usual, happy building/posting!

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Good day, everyone! Despite my business in the Iron Chef project (which I am shamelessly promoting here), allow me to share to you a team that was adapted from SM UU Beta. While the former team didn't have a Mega Beedrill (due to Gyarados being there and Beedrillite wasn't released during that time), this team takes advantage of Mega Beedrill's blistering Speed and vicious Attack which is a very welcoming characteristic for this team. Ladies and gentlemen, "Dakilang Hiwaga".

Ullalim (Krookodile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Gesu Bambino (Kommo-o) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Sleep Talk

Gift for the Child (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

King of Orient (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 248 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Roar

Nomad's Carol (Beedrill) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

O Dakilang Hiwaga (Moltres) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast

While Mega Beedrill isn't really the reason why I built this team (due to the late release of Beedrillite), the staples of the team are Choice Scarf Krookodile and Choice Specs Kommo-o. I was intrigued with Kommo-o's potential with Choice Specs along with its signature Clanging Scales, so I slapped that Pokemon, and Choice Scarf Krookodile became a staple in most UU teams at that time due to relatively fast Electric-types at that time (while players can give Krookodile a bit of freedom to choose other sets as they please; Mega Manectric and Raikou could be a possible threat for the team, given Empoleon, my designated Specially defensive Pokemon, is weak to its STAB moves, hence retaining the Choice Scarf on Krookodile).

The former team had SubSplit Gengar, and SubDD Gyarados; however, with those Pokemon departing due to their stellar potential in the higher tiers, I ended up getting Moltres and Mega Beedrill instead (which is fortunate given the release of Beedrillite). What sets both this Moltres and this Mega Beedrill apart from other conventional Moltres and Mega Beedrill sets is that I do not provide a positive Speed nature for them. In case of Mega Beedrill, while I may lose to outrunning other relatively fast Pokemon such as Mega Manectric, Mega Sceptile, and other fellow Mega Beedrill, I opted to give it an Adamant nature so as to maximize the damage output as much as possible. Moltres, on the other hand, has Agility in its repertoire; while it is quite slow prior to setting up due to its Modest nature, it can outrun even Mega Aerodactyl already with one Agility, which is already a good feat.

Finally, the former team had Necrozma and Scizor forming a defensive core. Now that Gyarados departed, we ultimately lacked a Bulky Water; therefore Empoleon fits the bill very well as my designated Specially defensive Pokemon while retaining its Steel typing which Scizor was assigned to. I was hoping Necrozma would be a good defensive Pokemon because of its unique set of traits such as Prism Armor and Stealth Rock that no other Psychic Pokemon would have; however, its viability has fallen to a point that I have to replace it and have Sylveon as my designated Physically Defensive Pokemon, which makes some sense because I need to take Dragon types fairly well too such that Empoleon's burden will lighten.

Note:
1) Dakilang Hiwaga ("Great Mystery / Magnum Mysterium" in Filipino) is actually the name of the Christmas album released by one of the Filipino all-male choirs.
2) This team satisfies the required secret ingredient for the first episode of Iron Chef; anyone stealing this will be subject to disqualification for that round.

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
As thanks for posting in my project, here's one for yours!

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Pursuit

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Starmie @ Grassium Z
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

So, I built a really standard VoltTurn team around Mega Bee since that's basically the meta right now. I made a solid core of Mega Bee (with pursuit), Rotom-Wash (bulky except it outspeeds and ohkos 188 speed Gliscor), and Scizor (fat CB with knock off) to start off, then I added a rocker and secondary steel in Cobalion, which provided the team with one Weavile check and also a form of setup. I then added Grassium Z Starmie to remove hazards for the voltturn core while also pressuring Rotom-Wash and the water/grounds that trouble VoltTurn often. Then, since I always forget that it's a staple on the playstyle, I added Infernape as my last mon to act as a scarfer and secondary Sciz/Weav check as well as a good answer to Jirachi.

for TSR:

Last edited:

g to the b

Banned deucer.
This is a good mega bee team that i made in like an hour.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Starmie @ Grassium Z
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Rapid Spin

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Taunt

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 228 HP / 208 Def / 68 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot

I liked the idea of mega bee volturn and i wanted to try to have a whole team capable of preserving momentum but doing the basic functions that the team needs to do. mega bee is here for volturn while specs washtom and starmie give me offensive presence and a way to kill off other rotoms. rotom w has hp grass because outside of starmie my team would lose to gastrodon w/o it. Infernape helps with zhh rachi and is a scarfer that gives the team a better speed tier. gliscor gives rocks and taunt, scizor helps wall mlatias, malt w/o fire blast and most mgarde and is a very nice glue mon on my team.

Reactions: TSR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)