Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing my hat into the ring because Wynaut.

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Basically it's an offensive team built around Rain Dance Mega Swampert. Swampert is the main sweeper, easily being able to clean late game thanks to its huge power and massive Speed in rain. Cobaliion sets up Rocks. Togekiss is my stall breaker and cleric, and can easily smash through the bulky Grass types that give Swampert trouble. Starmie keeps entry hazards away, and hits like a truck in rain. Rotom-H is my main revenge killer, and can also check stuff like Xurkitree, Scizor, and Suicune. Kyurem is my main wallbreaker - hits like a truck with Choice Specs, and STAB Ice Beam lets it wreck the Grass types that trouble Swampert.

Swampert @ Swampertite
EVs: 48 HP / 228 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Knock Off

Latias @ Electrium Z
EVs: 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic
- Thunder

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 88 HP / 224 Atk / 12 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Crobat
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 128 HP / 176 Atk / 20 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Taunt
- U-turn

sup buddies. i like m-pert a lot from an offensive team's standpoint b.c it serves as one of the most consistent pokemon to counterplay pursuit traps in the tier, a process so overwhelmingly common that i hate it has only really had arguably shuca dubdance cobalion to play off effectively. bearing that in mind, i fashioned an ho looking to facilitate pert in the most proficient manner i could, prompting the traditional revenge-killing angle on latias (while of course having it serve as a breaker in the process), and utilizing mid-game offensive outlets like cb ape and sd sciz in order to open up balances and offenses alike for it. crobat is a pokemon i've come to accept that, with the bump in speed in the meta and m-aero not necessarily being the mega for every team every time, is ok sometimes. being able to soft-check certain pokemon while keeping pressure via taunt is valuable, in addition to further baiting aero.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Earthquake

Cresselia @ Psychium Z
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonlight
- Psyshock

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 44 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Wish / Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Hammer Arm

This team is a stall team with RestTalk Swampert, I originally built this as Iwanted to build with all the new drops and couldn't get a working team with offensive M-Swampert. Next I added Cresselia to get a check for LO Mamoswine (ban it plz), HP Fire is for Scizor and M-Steelix while Psychium Z is to weaken Knock Offs. Kyurem is to be able to beat Tail Glow Xurkitree. The HP evs are for 101 Substitutes which always survive a Seismic Toss, while the speed evs outspeed Timid Xurkitree. The rest of the evs are dumped into special attack while any remaining evs are put into special defense, Toxic is to be able to beat Blissey 1v1. Blissey provides the team with Stealth Rocks while also being the best special wall in the tier. Toxic can be used instead of Wish if you want another way of wearing down the opposing team while Wish is good for supporting other teammates such as Swampert. Togekiss is the hazard control for the team while also proving cleric support. The evs are to make it as physically bulky as possible. Buzzwole serves as a kind of stall breaker being able to taunt and toxic opposing walls.

Appreciate the increasingly high amounts of votes this project's been getting! I also noticed that I'm doing an atrocious job of updating the thread title every week so I'll work on that :toast: Sorry for the delay again but congrats to col49 for winning the week!

For week 4, the subject is Togekiss. Notorious for its ability to dismantle teams with a combination of Nasty Plot and Air Slashes buffed by Serene Grace, Togekiss thrives as an effective means of checking new and old threats alike such as Mega Sceptile, Hydreigon, Krookodile, and Buzzwole, while also keeping other offensive checks like Mega Aerodactyl and Beedrill at bay with the threat of Thunder Wave. Conversely, its average 80 base Speed, weakness to Stealth Rock as well as common threats such as the aforementioned Megas, Scizor, and Xurkitree all tend to keep it at bay in the current metagame.

Same as always, submission deadline at Friday 8PM EDT. Happy posting!

Last edited:

Stall Breaker Togekiss/ Dual Dance Cobalion (Moltracer on showdown)
Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Raikou @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So I decided that i wanted to build around stall breaker togekiss so I started with the simple core of togekiss/ cobalion. Cobalion provides a resist to ice poison rock and steel as well as a counter to every scizor set besides superpower. while togekiss provides an immunity to ground, a 4x resist to fighting and a great service in stall breaking so dual dance cobalion isnt completely useless whenever you face stall it also provides a good counter to buzzwole ( barring poison jab but that is a roll at doing half). Next I needed a rocker as well as a mon that can take an electric hit and provide a check/counter to raikou. My answer to these was smampert mega, having great type synergy with both cobalion and togekiss resisting grass. Its base ability is damp because you are going to mega evolve before you go into torrent usually, and it allows you to switch into a suicide lead azelf also, im running scald over waterfall on the team because its acting as a physical tank and scald can cripple some sweepers, it also does much more damage to buzzwole.. next the team was looking slow with nothing above 350, so i decided i needed some speed control. I found this answer in scarf latias. Latias had a great defensive synergy, with all of its weaknesses being covered by cobalion + togekiss + swampert, as well as adding another grass resist, as well as another fighting resist and giving the ability for the team to have an answer to xurkitree. (not so much a switchin as a revenge killer) trick is to scrue over stall a bit more as well as cripple mons such as suicune who you can lock into a cm, and ice beam just acts as a way to deal with gliscor, if you would like you can replace this with what you would like. Next up we have scizor! The monster of the UU tier is taking a backseat this time as a defog support set. The team needed hazard removal with rocks being a general nuisance as well as not having a grounded poison and togekiss being weak to rocks. I wouldnt mind it that much since i only have one rocks weakness if it wasnt that I am relying on togekiss to take a few hits, and rocks most definetely hurt when you need togekiss for that purpose, the types also synergise well with the rest of the team, as it provides another resist to ice, as well as a switchin to fairy type attacks and dragon types. (it also makes it so at this point if swampert ever gets hit by a grass type attack you should be ashamed of yourself). Now for the final pokemon, raikou. I looked at the team and saw an obvious flying type weakness, and i also saw that i got 6-0d by stall if anything happened to togekiss. I also noticed that i had trouble fighting bulky waters. My answer to all of this? Raikou! Raikou can act as a great stallbreaker with his cm sub set as well as taking about 30 from all of mega pidgeots attacks, and being able to ohko in return. Leftovers is obviously standard on sub cm raikou but also lets it sponge more of mega pidgeots attacks. The team plays just like any balance does, and almost relevant threats are addressed in this description.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Edit button isn't working but if a mod has time, I would appreciate if they could delete my post above.

Link to importable: http://pokepast.es/cd2437b0b1c7ed6a

This is a semi-stall team featuring an Alomomola - Blissey defensive core and some speedy backup offense with Mega Aerodactyl and CM Latias, both of which also have defensive utility.

I have some of the best utility in the tier, with Blissey being the best cleric and Alomomola (probably) being the best Wish passer in the tier while I get to to keep other useful utility moves including Toxic Spikes, Toxic, Scald, Defog and even Serene Grace Flamethrower. Stealth Rock is also obviously a necessity and, overall, I have all the goodness of a typical stall team with almost no exception concentrated in just four slots (Nidoqueen, Togekiss, Alomomola, and Blissey)

The offensive support my team offers in Latias and Mega Aerodactyl is essential in countering some typical stall threats that beat the first four members of my team: Xurkitree, Infernape, and Suicune lose to Latias while Togekiss, Pidgeot, Infernape, Beedrill and Chandelure lose to Mega Aerodactly. And of course, independent of countering these stall breakers, both Pokemon are threatening sweepers in their own right and offer me two extra avenues to victory apart from stalling my opponent to death.

Major threats include:
  • Crawdaunt, which has no counter on my team (Dazzling Gleam Togekiss could help slightly but it would make me weaker to Steels and Crabhammer can still KO, especially with Z Crabhammer)
  • Haxorus, which again has no counters but is slightly weaker in exchange for not being able to be revenged (if using DD)
  • Muk Alolan is surprisingly annoying if it gets a not so unexpected Poison. It can break an essential wall or trap Latias, but at least it won't sweep me
  • Pursuit users in general, as I have quite a few vulnerable to Pursuit (Latias, Blissey, and even Nidoqueen and Mega Aerodactyl)
Minor variations include:
  • Psyshock for Latias to help versus Suicune and Blissey, but Suicune can be PP stalled anyways and Blissey is no stall breaker. Psychic mainly helps versus Cobalion
  • Encore, Confide, Dazzling Gleam, Tri-Attack, etc. over Flamethrower on Togekiss, as Flamethrower is for no particular threat
  • Rocky Helmet over Leftovers for Alomomola, although this makes me a bit weaker to Mamoswine. It'll probably get Knocked Off anyways so whatever haha
  • Bold 252 HP / 252 Def Blissey, Calm is mainly to help PP stall Suicune with Alomomola
Despite the threats, I am happy with the quality of this team and it really reflects metagame trends well - basically it has a lot of good responses to trending threats like Buzzwole, Xurkitree, Togekiss, Hawlucha, Chandelure and Mamoswine.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
(for TSR:
)

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Latias (F) @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Hammer Arm
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

I decided to build around Nasty Plot Togekiss rather than T-wave Toge because I'm not evil. The first thing I did was add a Ground-type mon to deal with the Poison, Rock, Electric and Steel types that check Togekiss. I went with Scarf Krookodile as my pick because it's the best Ground-type i could think of to deal with Xurkitree. With Pursuit support and speed control checked off of my list early, I decided to then shift towards finding a solid check to Mamoswine and Weavile, so I went with Shuca Pivot Cobalion. This gives me a solid check to both as well as rocks and a way to gain momentum. I added Mega Blastoise for hazard removal, Water attacks, raw power, and more bulk. I went for CM Electrium Latias next as a win condition and way to pressure Water-types and Poison-types. I then tacked on Buzzwole at the end because my team was pretty weak to ice and I didn't want Cobalion to be the only one able to take hits from them. I went with Roost 3 Attacks since I don't really like SubPunch and I didn't need more setup in the form of Bulk Up. I could probably have also gone with a Choice Band set, but i decided not to. All in all, this is a bulky offense team with Togekiss+Krook as the main core.

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Tail Glow
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Swampert @ Swampertite
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Togekiss @ Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

A fun team i built around xurki+pursuit. There aren't many xurkitree switch-ins, but one of those(latias) is pretty common. Muk-alola is supposted to trap it pretty easily. I decided to add scarf Latias to deal with xurkitree's revengekillers. I'm using the standard set with healing wish, since i don't need hp fire cause i've got a magneton+ebutton togekiss. Scizor is the most common latias check, and basically if they try to get momentum with uturn the button will trap it into magneton. With the enemy steel-type gone this team works better. You can spam poison jab with muk and meteors with latias. Also without scizor you can easily setup with togekiss. Im using TW for dactyl, since it is a threat. My last mon is bulky rocks swampert, with rd in order to clear lategame. It is also my raikou and semi-dactyl check(if they're running hp grass raikou tho).

Sorry for my dogshit english and for the poorly description, i didn't have much to say about this team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)