Gardevoir (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Trace
EVs: 100 HP / 156 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Trick
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Yeah, Choice Scarf alows her to outspeed Darkrai, trace his Bad Dreams, and put him asleep with Hypnosis, or another Pokemon that could apear in front of Gardevoir. She can trick Forretress leads who tries to put Sr, Spikes or Toxic Spikes. One of the problems is just that even Gardevoir is scarfed, she can´t outspeed Deoxys-S, but we can try trick it and lock him in Sr or Spikes, but if he Taunts, you need to switch, obviously.

I have already think about of this lead Gardevoir:

- Hypnosis
- Trick
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Yeah, Choice Scarf alows her to outspeed Darkrai, trace his Bad Dreams, and put him asleep with Hypnosis, or another Pokemon that could apear in front of Gardevoir. She can trick Forretress leads who tries to put Sr, Spikes or Toxic Spikes. One of the problems is just that even Gardevoir is scarfed, she can´t outspeed Deoxys-S, but we can try trick it and lock him in Sr or Spikes, but if he Taunts, you need to switch, obviously.
This outspeeds non scarf, which is quite rare, as most Darkrai are trick scarf. Hypnomiss is also a problem. This doesn't beat Deoxys-S either.

But if Drakrai is Scarf, and if he tricks Gardevoir, than he´s locked into Trick, because Gardevoir has Choice Scarf too.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have already think about of this lead Gardevoir:

- Hypnosis
- Trick
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

I'm sorry to say this is not well thought out in the least, and it's obvious. You have a 60% chance to put something to sleep, thats nearly a coin toss "will I lose my lead, or will I put something to sleep" not to mention many leads carry a Lum Berry for Darkrai. What does this have over Darkrai? STAB Psychic is awful in Ubers. Darkrai has a 20% more accurate sleep move, and a better STAB. As well as higher Speed- you can't even outspeed Deoxys-S with a Scarf! This leads loses to pretty much every lead.

But if Drakrai is Scarf, and if he tricks Gardevoir, than he´s locked into Trick, because Gardevoir has Choice Scarf too.
Why would it ever Trick? It can OHKO you with Dark Pulse, or put you to sleep with Dark Void before you even move!

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Crunch is mainly for Giratina forms and to be honest for nothing else, as other Pokemon you hit harder with STAB Facade. About Ice Punch - Rayquaza doesn't stand a chance anyway against Facade, the same looks with Garchomp, Salamence, Lugia and Shaymin-S, so Ice Punch isn't really good option IMO. However it's good in one situation - when you can't find this turn for Swords Dance (however, ironically, in Ubers it's much easier thanks to Wobba) and with Ice Punch you beat most those targets without boost, which Facade can't do. Also you lower your 2OHKO chance on Giratina, which is pretty bad news. Also you lower your chance to OHKO 4 HP Giratina. But I guess Ice Punch isn't that bad.
I don't see how Crunch is any better Ice Punch, seeing as it has only 5 more Power IIRC. Also, like you said, it's better if you didn't get a chance to SD.

So go Ice Punch < Crunch.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Ursaring has one extremely large issue: It's frail. Okay it doesn't seem frail off the bat but it actually has slightly less bulk than Darkrai, which is saying something...On top of that, it's still caps at 343 Speed, meaning it's slower than Lati@s (meaning it's even easier to revenge). ADDING on to that, it's going to lose HP each turn, meaning that it could be stalled out since its most powerful moves have an immunity. Not to mention, the damage increases per turn. If I wanted a sweeping wallbreaker, Darkrai can easily fit in any spot Ursaring is in, unless you badly need a physical sweeper.

As far as Swords Dancing goes, it faces competition from Lucario, who packs similar power with his Close Combat and actually has resistances to brag about (oh it's also resistant to Bullet Punch). It makes up being slower with ExtremeSpeed, allowing to pick off things easily. Granted, it can't take down a Garchomp easily, but ES has so much utility overall than Ursaring's semi-fast 343 Speed.

Similarly, ExtremeKiller Farceus would still completely outclass Ursaring because it can actually take hits and sweep much easier thanks to STABed priority.

Swellow- Ultimate Facade!
@ Toxic Orb [Less damage if in for 2 or less turns]
Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
Guts
0 HP IVs

Facade
Baton Pass
Substitute
Endeavor

Substitute the first turn, (most foes believe it will use Protect and wont Attack), activating Toxic Orb. From here your opponent may not know what you are planning, and either you Baton Pass before you take Toxic damage, letting a teammate switch-in for free, or you use Facade to dent a foe pretty badly.

If you Baton Passed out and send Swellow in again, you can Substitute to lower your HP (in addition to Toxic damage) and use Endeavor when at low enough HP, or you can use Facade which should be pretty powerful on its own. Remember, Stealth Rock hitting Swellow boosts its Endeavor, so its not too bad to lack a Rapid Spinner.

The best case scenario is switching in on a move, like Scarf Shaymin-S's Earth Power or Scarf Garchomp's Earthquake, and using Substitute as they switch. From here, if they send in a counter like Dialga, you can simply Endeavor as it breaks your Substitute [At this point Swellow lost at least 31% HP from Toxic and Substitute alone, or 56% HP including Stealth Rock]. Keep in mind with such low HP compared to many Ubers like Dialga (especially with 0 HP IVs), Endeavor will deal alot of damage, perhaps leaving room for Facade to finish off a foe.

**Using this set with Spikes is a must! To ensure KOs.

I think that a better EV spread for a SubCM ogre is something like 252HP/220SAtk/36Spe as it allows kyogre to outrun ho-oh and many minimal spd running base 90s without losing much power and the ability to set up an 101HP sub.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Groudon
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Drought
EVs: 6 Hp / 252 Att / 252 Spe
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Dragon Claw

Granted, the set isn't very creative, but it works wonders. Basically, bring Groudon out midgame, or when you know your opponents' play style, be it stall or offensive. Groudon can then crush the opposing team with the appropriate move. Swords Dance for stall, Rock Polish for offense. He can easily be brought in on choiced electric moves, or stuff he scares out like Tyranitar, Rayquaza etc. Jolly and max EVs let him outrun a suprising amount of the uber metagame, most of which sit at 90 base speed like Groudon himself, but don't maximise speed. Generally I prefer Stone Edge, but having Dragon Claw lets you beat Giratina-O before he can Draco Meteor you, and Lati@s when using Rock Polish. The advantage to Rock Polish over TWave is that it lets Groudon sweep through multiple Pokemon at once.
Groudon @ Life Orb Nature Adamant/ Jolly
Moveset
~ Rock Polish
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge / Overheat
~ Dragon Claw / Swords Dance
112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 136 Spe

What does you're set do that this one doesn't?

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Cherub Agent set allows it to outspeed Kingdra in the rain and timid Scarfed Mewtwo.
Otherwise, it's better to use the standard set as it's bulkier and easier to setup, obviously.
Anyway I would mitigate it to 42 HP / 252 Atk / 216 speed. It still outspeeds aforementioned threats and gets bulkier, as the additional EVs don't allow you to outspeed anything else.

Edit : I'd like to enhance it as it follows :
Groudon
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Att / 216 Spe / 42 SpA
- Overheat
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Dragon Claw

Even jolly, Overheat does 100% - 118% to specially defensive Skarmory in the sun.
Earthquake and Rock Polish are obvious.
For the last slot, you must choose what is the biggest bad ass for your team ; Giratina or Lugia + Ho-Oh ? I personnally go for Stone Edge as DClaw does a pitiful 32.2% - 38.2% to Giratina, so you won't go through it (not even 3HKO and it WoWs you.)

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Flash Fire - Timid
40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fighting

Houndoom actually has potential in Ubers: with Sun and SR support, Houndoom can 2HKO every Pokemon after a Flash Fire boost bar Heatran. Even withput the Flash FIre, only 2 (non-Uber) Pokemon aren't 2HKO'd (Heatran and Snorlax). With Hidden Power Ground, it 2HKO's the entire metagame. This is pure theorymon however: is it viable in Uber?

it doesnt matter if houndoom can 2hko the entire uber metagame when the entire uber metagame can ohko houndoom. why use that instead of darkray? fire blast? i would rather stick with focus blast since it ohko everything you will be hitting with after nasty plot(1 focus blast hit more often then 2 fire blasts).

Note: this is untested and might not work as well as I hoped it would. You have been warned
Mixed Scarf
Rayquaza @ choice scarf
Nature: lonely (preferred)/naughty
Evs: 62 atk/200 spa/248 spe
Moves:
- draco meteor
- overheat
- outrage / dragon claw
- earthquake / some other filler

The EV distribution makes the attack and special attack equal, while 248 is the fastest Rayquaza can run with a scarf. Draco meteor and Overheat work well for revenge killing with good type coverage. Outrage is there to kill things with much lower defense than special defense(ho-oh, Blissey, etc.) Dragon Claw is there if you want to use a physical hit but don't want to become setup bait. Earthquake is a filler ... I dunno, if you're really afraid of Heatran or something.

I have not tested this. its just an idea that popped into my head. edit:based somewhat off the choice scarf dialga set.
Dialga @ Choice Scarf unsure of ev's, probably max Spe. and max SpAtk
Modest/Timid
Draco Meteor
Flash Cannon(i like this move but is it viable in ubers?)
Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse
Thunder

I want to use it in a rain team with kyogre (hence no fire blast) and kabutops. any suggestions? edit:also need help with a SR abuser.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)