Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

Hey McBeengs I wanted to ask if you know what would cause the app to delete all of your teams. The first couple of times it did it I figured I might've absent-mindedly cleared the app data. But I'm completely sure I did no such thing last night but found my team builder completely cleared! Idk if this just my problem but I'll do whatever to help if I can. I just want my teams back ;-; (Btw showdown is working fine for me)
Well, since you are using the older version that TeToN did, the teams are stored in a separate file than the rest of the app. Possibly something like a CCleaner (or similar) clean routine is getting rid of the file (much like how the standard Web teams get erased on the localStorage). Basically everything that deletes "unnecessary files" will delete your teams (this can happen automatically in some apps, which explains the sudden disappearance on your case).

Speaking of recovering them: In all honesty, if that was the case, unfortunately the file has bit the dust, so yea :(

Awesome
Answering all your questions in a post (in order): Yes, I'll get my "The Best" songs and let them play in the background, without changing in every time I go to another battle, The cries are also packed in and I plan to make the sprites change accondingly with the type of generation being played, so 5/6/7 gen would be animated, others would not.

There is not a function exactly like the Web version you can see and change all teams atst, but I can try to make a "Copy / Paste" option for pokemons in the teambuilder section, but there are no promises there; My goal is to deliver a "playable" experience as soon as possible, after which I can add new fancy things.

I'm not aware of this bug at all. My import using Pastebin is working perfectly, and the clipboard "uses the same route" to import the teams, to put it simply. I'll go look into it, regardless.
Awesome!

Well, since you are using the older version that TeToN did, the teams are stored in a separate file than the rest of the app. Possibly something like a CCleaner (or similar) clean routine is getting rid of the file (much like how the standard Web teams get erased on the localStorage). Basically everything that deletes "unnecessary files" will delete your teams (this can happen automatically in some apps, which explains the sudden disappearance on your case).

Speaking of recovering them: In all honesty, if that was the case, unfortunately the file has bit the dust, so yea :(
Figures, I hadn't used the app for a good 3 weeks with finals and all. Thanks for the insight can't wait for the update looks spectacular ^_^ glhf!

sorry to ask too much questions,Hey McBeengs in You Build Will have movesets changes and abilities changes depending of Pokémon Generation?,And a Option to hide navigation bars?(Immsersive mode)

Last edited:
Illusion doesn't wear off and it appears as of the opponent still has an extra Mon. Sorry for all the posts I just love the app

I'm having issues importing teams that are originally from NetBattle. I can post an example of the import

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 136 Def / 40 Spd / 28 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Toxic

Everything but the EVs import. I have to manually adjust them after the paste in.

I'm having issues importing teams that are originally from NetBattle. I can post an example of the import

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 136 Def / 40 Spd / 28 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Toxic

Everything but the EVs import. I have to manually adjust them after the paste in.
Maybe something to do with the weird stats spread, or the lack of custom IVs for HP Flying. Also isn't "Ability" instead of "Trait"?. Anyway, tagging TeToN on this one.

Whenever gastrodon shows up in vgc 17 weird shit happens...

Edit: Okay, let me expand on this:
-Gastrodon won't show up on my opponent's team, and the app will notify of a bug.
-Whenever Gastrodon takes the field, one of two things happen: no pokemon will show up in that slot if my opp leads with Gastro, and the app notifies of a bug; or if switched in, the old pokemon in that slot will keep its sprite on the field, and the app will notify of a bug.

If led, it won't let me target that slot, and even if I do stuff that doesn't target it, like doubling on the other slot, using spread attacks, or protecting, the turn will not carry out and I lose by timer.

This has been happening for a while, but I previously thought it was because of conection issues, but it's not. This can be confirmed by user AVlinkyoshimario (I don't know the proper spelling), who this issue last happened with, and he confirmed it was gastrodon.

Please look into this.
Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Whenever gastrodon shows up in vgc 17 weird shit happens...

Edit: Okay, let me expand on this:
-Gastrodon won't show up on my opponent's team, and the app will notify of a bug.
-Whenever Gastrodon takes the field, one of two things happen: no pokemon will show up in that slot if my opp leads with Gastro, and the app notifies of a bug; or if switched in, the old pokemon in that slot will keep its sprite on the field, and the app will notify of a bug.

If led, it won't let me target that slot, and even if I do stuff that doesn't target it, like doubling on the other slot, using spread attacks, or protecting, the turn will not carry out and I lose by timer.

This has been happening for a while, but I previously thought it was because of conection issues, but it's not. This can be confirmed by user AVlinkyoshimario (I don't know the proper spelling), who this issue last happened with, and he confirmed it was gastrodon.

Please look into this.
Thanks for your time!
Came here to post this exact same thing, kind of hard to train for VGC when I have to forfeit every time Gastrodon shows up on my opponents side.
Can you affirm if it was either male or female? Maybe something wrong with the different sprites for pokemon with difference between gender. It may be too much to ask, but can you retry with, say, Hippowdown or Wormadan?, really busy with other stuff rn.

just wanted to ask is anyone else here have a bug in gen 1 random matches? No pokemon appear no matter how long I wait... Thanks.

Just came to give my thoughts about the app. So far I have played some random matches and some VGC 2017. Random matches are just fine but my problem is in VGC 17 double battles. So the problem is when I finish selecting my moves the app just hangs and doesnt move forward. The timer still counts the time, even if i go back to select different moves it still doesnt work. Then obviously I end up losing the game because the clock just runs out. So to give you a precise scenario, I had my oranguru and my torkoal, selected instruct and eruption, trick room was up and after that the app just wouldnt recognize that i selected my moves.
Apart from that it is really good I think. For now Im just sticking to random matches and not VGC17.

Edit: I found the issue, Instruct is not working.

Last edited:
QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT: Sorry for the very late update on the project; I've been temp-banned from Showdown due to pure incompetence from my part when re-implementing the battles system, my hard drive cooked and Github didn't received my last commit... All this made me lost 1 and 1/2 months of work, and I just made up for the lost time.. That being said, the alpha build SHOULD be available at the end of this month, but enphasis on the "should". Prob when that happens I'll just close this thread and open a new one, kinda to give it all a fresh start. I can throw a few more screenshots of the new calculator and the skeleton of the battles, if you wish.

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT: Sorry for the very late update on the project; I've been temp-banned from Showdown due to pure incompetence from my part when re-implementing the battles system, my hard drive cooked and Github didn't received my last commit... All this made me lost 1 and 1/2 months of work, and I just made up for the lost time.. That being said, the alpha build SHOULD be available at the end of this month, but enphasis on the "should". Prob when that happens I'll just close this thread and open a new one, kinda to give it all a fresh start. I can throw a few more screenshots of the new calculator and the skeleton of the battles, if you wish.
This Could be Good If You send some screenshots of The New calculador And The New skeleton of The Battles

Just because I'm curious, how exactly does messing up the battle system get you temp banned from showdown?
Eh, there's no way I can explain simply if you have at least some knowledge of programming, but what happened is that, when challenging someone, I needed to call a method, and I accidentally left him inside a loop-for, requesting the Server way too much. The server may have thought that I was some kind of simple spammer, annoying my own account (lol). That's how I got temp-banned. It's fixed now though.

I found the problem with vGC17 gastrodon: east gastrodon/blue gastrodon.

I'll try to attach screenshots, gimme a few moments, because i'm writing on mobile.

Edit: uploaded proof and explanation to imgur. Here's the link:

http://i.imgur.com/StvcFv8.png
I looked on this issue, and I found the problem: basically, when a regular Gastrodon appears, that's the name the app recognizes and processes, but the East form has the name "Gastrodon-East", that way, the app doesn't know wtf to do. Other mons also had that problem, namely Wormadan (and others), Sawsbuck (and others), Florges (and others), Vivillon, Minior and Magearna. Be aware of these mons, as they also can glitch the app; The reason it didn't happen as much is because a lot of these pokemon are either complete garbage or people just use their standard form, like Florges.

This problem is fixed on the newest version, proof below:

P.S.: Added bonus: This is the first look at the new battles screen, portrait mode :)

Would it be possible to have a confirmation box pop up when we hit forfeit. I've accumulated a few losses where I've accidentally clicked it.

On the showdown android app in VGC 17 doubles, when using a z-move that is based on a spread move (rock slide/earthquake) it doesn't allow you to pick a target and chooses your target at random.

Also, Gastrodon often times doesn't appear correctly and can't be targeted in battle.

I apologize if these have already been mentioned.

Edit:

This post got moved here because I posted in the wrong area before. I see that Gastrodon has already been mentioned.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)