Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

I get those you told me, but is there any more of those LOTS of bugs? Please, the more help i get the better.
I can't seem to use hurricane, either as a Z-move or a regular move, it just says 'bug reported' when I try to tap it.
selection in double battles seems to not work after the first two.
When i click on 'add a battle', I can't see anything other than the news screen until I turn my phone sideways.

I can't seem to use hurricane, either as a Z-move or a regular move, it just says 'bug reported' when I try to tap it.
selection in double battles seems to not work after the first two.
When i click on 'add a battle', I can't see anything other than the news screen until I turn my phone sideways.
Commenting in order:
  • I didn't knew that one. Thanks
  • I fixed that, expect a custom build soon. I'm trying to fix the Z-Move thing with spread moves.
  • That may happen when your phone isn't quite fast enought to switch to the newly added lobby before the tab hides / shows when transitioning screens. You don't need to rotate the whole phone, just slide back and foward :)

Commenting in order:
  • That may happen when your phone isn't quite fast enought to switch to the newly added lobby before the tab hides / shows when transitioning screens. You don't need to rotate the whole phone, just slide back and foward :)
Ah, I see now. I kept trying to tap on the 'tabs' at the top, which did nothing. Sliding works, thanks!

Ok, after this afternoon of debuging, I think I've solved the biggest problems everybody were dealing, in particular fightinMongoose & Maxwellius problem of the app auto-closing when entering a battle and ~Golden Emp problems with VGC. The team builder one still gets me, but I've found it has something to do with the way you "add" a new team, so if you put a incomplete mon (missing, let's say: ability) or a team with more than 6 mons (or none), it will crash the internal memory. You don't need to unistall the app, just erase the local storage of the app.

With that said, here is the build ----> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5cBQm8RPqdUOXlVQktsQkdGWWM

Please let me know if I broke something else or forgot something.

Ok, after this afternoon of debuging, I think I've solved the biggest problems everybody were dealing, in particular fightinMongoose & Maxwellius problem of the app auto-closing when entering a battle and ~Golden Emp problems with VGC. The team builder one still gets me, but I've found it has something to do with the way you "add" a new team, so if you put a incomplete mon (missing, let's say: ability) or a team with more than 6 mons (or none), it will crash the internal memory. You don't need to unistall the app, just erase the local storage of the app.

With that said, here is the build ----> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5cBQm8RPqdUOXlVQktsQkdGWWM

Please let me know if I broke something else or forgot something.
I can now battle, thanks!

I did have see a couple UI issues. When using moves, the move animation takes place above the player Pokémons sprite.

Also when either Pokemon takes damage, it displays the text in a light color. It makes it hard to read.

I wish I could contribute, I am a UI Designer but I only really do web applications. Never really dabbled in Android development.

Attachments

Hmm, so the app autoposts this at the beginning of each battle?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-537750989
> ★XyronEarl: Hey, I'm playing on the Android Showdown app! For more information, please check out http://bit.do/androidshowdownapp

I'm not sure PS staff would be comfortable with that
In defense of the app: The last version also had that, and nobody from the staff complained over more than 2 years. Not a big deal to remore really; In the meantime while I doesn't take him off, you can just disable it on the options.

To go further,
When I go in the team builder, And I select a team, the app crashed when it had to display a magearna .
(Sorry for double posting)

I already fixed that, McBeengs you really need to merge both our branches
I haven't seen an update notification in-app since the overhaul, and I'm not sure how to go about updating it otherwise. Honestly I wish I hadn't updated and this new version had only been posted here and not been an in-app update until the major bugs had been fixed.

Hi there! So I've recently downloaded the app, and I really love the effort and hardwork you guys have made in order for this app to be successful. However, when I want to report a bug on my phone, it always says 'There are no bugs to report,' so I'll just list some of my current known bugs/ weird features that I have discovered-

The damage displayed is incorrect and does not match to the damage that has been dealt to the Pokemon. For example,
-Landorus-Therian used Earthquake!
-The opposing Clefable lost 0% of its health!
However, the damage dealt was 24% to Clefable. Please fix this as sometimes players need the info to see how much the move does roughly.

I also recently bought a new phone, and the screen is fine. So I'm assuming it's a bug-
I am unable to click on the opponents' Pokemon to see how much health they have left on some occasions.

These are the urgent items that I hope the devs will look into this matter asap, as I'm really enjoying this app even after a mere 2 days. Keep up the great work! Also, may I know where to report bugs etc?

Another report of Showdown App Bugs https://imgur.com/gallery/UqZ65

I dumped another set of screenshots detailing some bugs I've experienced while playing. The bugs reported weren't happening before the re-design.

Another issue I'd like to report is that, when I updated last with the last custom build uploaded, I had to uninstall the app first so it could work, as my phone said that it could not be installed. I lost my teams when doing that :( but meh, my fault, lol.

Again, thank you very, very much for the effort you're putting into making this app better :)

So i was using the updated app the past 2 days but now the app keeps crashing everytime I go to team builder or try to select a team. I've restarted my phone and even uninstalled the app. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Found a bug. The new build allows battles, but IVs keep getting reset to 31 even after changing them to 0 in the team builder or by using the auto settings for hidden power.Also, I can only do random battles and as soon as I use my team for OU, it crashes just like all battles did before the updated build.
I was playing randoms and I saw this
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-UwRVzmycq6Mi16b1J2UmdFYkk/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-UwRVzmycq6TDJWVnNjTzA4NTQ/view?usp=drivesdk
For some reason, gastrodon's moves are gone and now his scald and sylveon's calm mind and baton pass now appear on camerupt's moveslots.

Last edited:
I downloaded the app a while ago and when I first started using it anything having to do with battles would crash it. I went and downloaded the de-bugged version and was able to watch battles. So I went and built my UU team again. And tried to battle. The app crashed. But I can do random battles. I don't have another team built to see if I can battle it. But I think it is either the team or using them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)