Data Usage-Based Tier Update for September 2017 (Oct @ #73) (Nov @ #129)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But still, since Aromatisse is largely outclassed by Mega Audino right now, I don't see it going up in usage any time soon.

On another note, please let Heliolisk drop RU. At least give us one of your shitmons, just one will be fine (wanting all of them would be wishful thinking at this point). Aero would be cool too.
Take Dhelmise please.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I only realized this now, but...

Dugtrio | 1.009%
Scizor | 0.977%
Buzzwole | 0.935%
Staraptor | 0.871%
Volcanion | 0.868%
Conkeldurr | 0.815%

What the fuck?

Dugtrio | 1.009%
Scizor | 0.977%
Buzzwole | 0.935%
Staraptor | 0.871%
Volcanion | 0.868%
Conkeldurr | 0.815%

What the fuck?
Those Pokemon don't have arena trap, either. How can you expect them to be used more than Dugtrio?

Dugtrio | 1.009%
Scizor | 0.977%
Buzzwole | 0.935%
Staraptor | 0.871%
Volcanion | 0.868%
Conkeldurr | 0.815%

What the fuck?
...And why are you surprised?

All of the pokemon you've highlighted either don't have a niche in OU, be it for one reason or another, or their respective niches and roles in the metagame aren't as valueable as those that other pokemon offer in the tier. It should be of no surprise to anyone who knows the tier well enough to know that things like scizor and conkeldurr barely rack up enough usage in the tier, and their (un)rankings on the VR should only be a testament to this, especially when the highest rank of any of the mons you highlighted is a whopping C.

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Ampharos-Mega Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: (52.2 - 61.9%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers

252+ SpA Mold Breaker Ampharos-Mega Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 174-205 (52 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Fabio's gonna have some fun

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
...And why are you surprised?

All of the pokemon you've highlighted either don't have a niche in OU, be it for one reason or another, or their respective niches and roles in the metagame aren't as valueable as those that other pokemon offer in the tier. It should be of no surprise to anyone who knows the tier well enough to know that things like scizor and conkeldurr barely rack up enough usage in the tier, and their (un)rankings on the VR should only be a testament to this, especially when the highest rank of any of the mons you highlighted is a whopping C.
I know this. My question is "How the hell does Dugtrio still get used more than these even though it's only role was lost? At least these guys have niches, no matter how small.

I know this. My question is "How the hell does Dugtrio still get used more than these even though it's only role was lost? At least these guys have niches, no matter how small.
i mean dugtrio still has a niche of being the fastest ground type and knowing Memento but yeah lol

Because probably there're people that think that arena Trap is still legal at OU lel

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
"| 35 | Victini | 6.424% | "
Isnt this like more than it needed to get on OU? From what i remember the number to rise was like 4.28 or something

TheCtes, I'm not sure what's going on with Mega-Alakazam and Mega-Gyarados. My scripts *should* have put them both in BL.
Yeah, alright that's fair. Matters little anyway and they're both close to the standars cut-off line, so why bother too much with a single swift.

Gyarados-Mega is higherthan I suspected it would be. Victini sure increased in usage with the Dugtrio ban as well, OU for sure in an update where the cut-off line is not so high.

| 47 | Aerodactyl-Mega | 4.663% |
Oh how the mighty have fallen
I get that UU got many new megas, but it fell well below several megas that have been there for a while too.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Yeah, alright that's fair. Matters little anyway and they're both close to the standars cut-off line, so why bother too much with a single swift.

Gyarados-Mega is higherthan I suspected it would be. Victini sure increased in usage with the Dugtrio ban as well, OU for sure in an update where the cut-off line is not so high.

Oh how the mighty have fallen
I get that UU got many new megas, but it fell well below several megas that have been there for a while too.
Mega Aerodactyl is still A+ on the UU VR. I'm sure that if/when Mega Latias goes, it'll rise up back to S. The low usage is just a classic case of new toy syndrome.

Mega Aerodactyl is still A+ on the UU VR. I'm sure that if/when Mega Latias goes, it'll rise up back to S. The low usage is just a classic case of new toy syndrome.
Yeah, I know, I'm just surprised new toy syndrome hit it that badly compared to some of the other megas there.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Yeah, I know, I'm just surprised new toy syndrome hit it that badly compared to some of the other megas there.
Yeah, that is odd, but hey, I don't play UU. Guess people just assume that Mega Latias and Rotom-Wash automatically make it bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)