UU Community Create-a-Team - Team #5 | Hiatus

I had to dig deep for a mon that covers most of the threats listed above, and it came down to this:

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic / Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail / Ice Beam

AV Slowking is a strong answer to both Nidos and most bulky Water-types in the tier; the only ones that can 2HKO on the switch are Mega Blastoise and the odd Modest Primarina with Stealth Rock up 29% of the time. The EVs are the ones listed on its analysis: to be able to survive 2 Stone Edges from Mega Aerodactyl (you're 2HKOed after Rocks but we can double into Klefki/whatever else we have on this team) while the remaining EVs are put into SpA so you can hit decently hard.

Psyshock was an option listed but I feel Psychic or Future Sight would be better since we shouldn't really let this thing be fighting Conkeldurr 1v1 nor are we that worried about most CM users that we'd want to run Psyshock. Future Sight is kinda cool since it's capable of forcing switches, which is what any team that runs Spikes appreciates. Fire Blast hits Celebi, Bisharp, and Scizor, and though Dragon Tail isn't slashed on the analysis as it is here, I feel it's worthy of considering Ice Beam over it just so we have something else that can lure in Hydreigon while fending off Latias. It takes some of the pressure off Klefki...I mean Dragon Tail still hurts both of them, Ice Beam just does more lol.
lol i was looking for something too and the best i could do was CM Latias
i never even thought of slowking but now that you mention it it's a lot better than Latias in terms of checking the above threats
what we need now tho is some serious speed as the fastest mon on our team is Hax which is pretty depressing tbh

Hi guys so I really like what we have going here with our 2nd team!! I think its worthwhile discussing what direction we would like to take the team at this point as I see a few ways we could round out the team from this point. 1st off I like the idea of an offensive hazard stack team which means our final 3 positions would ideally have a rocker and 2mons that abuse hazards. However looking at CSB's suggestion adding slowking and taking a Bulky Offensive team could also work! With this approach I see adding a special attacker along with a pivot (such as CSB's slowking) or an Amoonguss and rocker to finish this style of team off! :toast:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
I suppose we could just add our good ol' friend Raikou.

Raikou @ Leftovers / Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute / Shadow Ball

Though it may not be able to switch in on waters, it's certainly a fast mon that can revenge them. This mon keeps the offensive presence of our team and also can enjoy the benefits spikes provides (For example, the usual Hippowdon is only EVd to avoid the 2hko from +1 hp ice after rocks, not after spikes).
Celebi will still be an issue unless we use Ghostium, and we'll need to once again add a good answer to Maero and some decent hazard removal and a rocker once we add this.

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
oops forgot to put a deadline on the Round 4 post, anyways deadline is tomorrow (5/7) at 11:59 PM PST

if I forget to post a deadline, just know that it's 3 days for submissions and 1 day for voting unless either CSB and I state otherwise

I'll edit this tomorrow with my submission!

Celebi @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- U-turn

Offensive Stealth Rock Celebi will address our problem with Water-types in general while also being able to provide rocks support. Celebi invites in Pokemon such as Bisharp which Conkeldurr can take advantage of. Alternatively, we could also run Nasty Plot Celebi since it is a pretty underrated threat (I feel) at the moment since there are limited switchins to it once it reaches +2 and it can get there pretty easily against every bulky Water out there. If we go this route, we probably need a check to both Infernape, Talonflame, and both Nidos as well as something to dissuade Defog users (so Bisharp / Tornadus or maybe something that can take advantage of Scizor / Latias)

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
alright, ending the submissions like 5 minutes early but it shouldn't matter right? ^^ Anyways... we have

CoolStoryBrobat - Assault Vest Slowking
I had to dig deep for a mon that covers most of the threats listed above, and it came down to this:

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic / Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail / Ice Beam

AV Slowking is a strong answer to both Nidos and most bulky Water-types in the tier; the only ones that can 2HKO on the switch are Mega Blastoise and the odd Modest Primarina with Stealth Rock up 29% of the time. The EVs are the ones listed on its analysis: to be able to survive 2 Stone Edges from Mega Aerodactyl (you're 2HKOed after Rocks but we can double into Klefki/whatever else we have on this team) while the remaining EVs are put into SpA so you can hit decently hard.

Psyshock was an option listed but I feel Psychic or Future Sight would be better since we shouldn't really let this thing be fighting Conkeldurr 1v1 nor are we that worried about most CM users that we'd want to run Psyshock. Future Sight is kinda cool since it's capable of forcing switches, which is what any team that runs Spikes appreciates. Fire Blast hits Celebi, Bisharp, and Scizor, and though Dragon Tail isn't slashed on the analysis as it is here, I feel it's worthy of considering Ice Beam over it just so we have something else that can lure in Hydreigon while fending off Latias. It takes some of the pressure off Klefki...I mean Dragon Tail still hurts both of them, Ice Beam just does more lol.

A Cake Wearing A Hat - Calm Mind Raikou
I suppose we could just add our good ol' friend Raikou.

Raikou @ Leftovers / Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute / Shadow Ball

Though it may not be able to switch in on waters, it's certainly a fast mon that can revenge them. This mon keeps the offensive presence of our team and also can enjoy the benefits spikes provides (For example, the usual Hippowdon is only EVd to avoid the 2hko from +1 hp ice after rocks, not after spikes).
Celebi will still be an issue unless we use Ghostium, and we'll need to once again add a good answer to Maero and some decent hazard removal and a rocker once we add this.

HotFuzzBall - Offensive Stealth Rock Celebi
Celebi @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- U-turn

Offensive Stealth Rock Celebi will address our problem with Water-types in general while also being able to provide rocks support. Celebi invites in Pokemon such as Bisharp which Conkeldurr can take advantage of. Alternatively, we could also run Nasty Plot Celebi since it is a pretty underrated threat (I feel) at the moment since there are limited switchins to it once it reaches +2 and it can get there pretty easily against every bulky Water out there. If we go this route, we probably need a check to both Infernape, Talonflame, and both Nidos as well as something to dissuade Defog users (so Bisharp / Tornadus or maybe something that can take advantage of Scizor / Latias)

Voting ends at 5/7 @ 11:59 PST

also we will be voting on the sets for Haxorus, Klefki, and whoever the 4th slot Pokemon's (if needed) movesets during Round 5!

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Voting Offensive Rocks Celebi since it covers our bulky Water problem, and hazards in one...Still some proneness to like Hydreigon and Latias (especially Latias) and even offensive Starmie, but we got team slots left to work with still...This week was a bit of a lull but we're gonna have traction no matter what dangit

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
alright, voting is now closed and Slowking will take the 4th slot! I also would have voted for Slowking since a secondary Latias check is always welcomed and our problem with bulky Waters, most offensive Waters, and both of the Nidos will be solved. Slowking also helps check minor threats to the team such as Infernape pretty well.

Slowking - 4
Celebi - 1

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic / Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail / Ice Beam

Anyways, we have 3 Pokemon without solid (as in "set in stone") sets so we will be voting and discussing what we want during this round of voting. So if you have any proposals and changes, now would be the time to let us know!

Deadline will be 5/10 @ 11:59 PST

Haxorus @ Life Orb / Lum Berry / Dragonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab / Iron Tail

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough / Dazzling Gleam
- Foul Play / Magnet Rise / Flash Cannon

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic / Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail / Ice Beam

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
alright I'm also doubling posting hue, so these are the 3 sets that need to be solidified

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab / Iron Tail

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play / Magnet Rise / Flash Cannon

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic / Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail / Ice Beam

Personally, I have no comment on Haxorus's item since I think all 3 items will have their benefits, I would like to see what our potential 5th mon could be before I decide. As for the last slot, I would personally go for Poison Jab since I'm not a risk taker and I like to play it safe but, Iron Tail has its warrants (what does it hit harder though since full defensive Clefable is 2HKO-ed by both moves).

As for Klefki, I mentioned this earlier but, I would prefer a full specially defensive set over the physically defensive set right now since I'm finding Klefki as our go-to check to Pokemon such as Hydreigon, Clefable, Togekiss, Latias, etc. so the special defense would be a lot more useful in this case. As for the moves, I think Play Rough + Magnet Rise is probably the best bet since Play Rough hits Latias and Hydreigon harder and Magnet Rise allows Klefki to check Terrakion and Aerodactyl better. I can also see moves like Flash Cannon and Toxic work as well.

No comment on Slowking lol...

As for threats, the biggest I can see right now is Talonflame since it just wrecks our entire team, except Slowking which can be 2HKO-ed with prior damage and if Talonflame has its Flyinium-Z intact. Volcanion could also be problematic if it's Z-Bloom Doom since... but, it should be fine as long as Volcanion user doesn't predict a Slowking switch.

252 SpA Volcanion Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 256-302 (65.1 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Blastoise can be problematic as well, considering it is gaining traction right now as a solid offensive spinner since...

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 182-216 (46.3 - 54.9%) -- 62.1% chance to 2HKO

e- Nasty Plot Celebi is also more problematic since it can go off on the team once it reaches +2 (and it's not hard since it can setup on 2 members of the team), so I think the 5th mon should address this problem.

anyways can't think of anymore atm, thanks for reading this wall of text :)

Last edited:
Ok, let's see here:

For Haxorus, I would go with Life Orb and Poison Jab. Life Orb gives more consistent damage output than Dragonium Z and Lum Berry seems less important with the addition of Flame Orb Conk to absorb status. Although if we don't end up with a z-move user in the last two slots, then Dragonium Z would be fine. And Poison Jab because I don't like missing moves :/

For Klefki, I would choose Play Rough and Magnet Rise for the same reasons that HotFuzzBall mentioned. Magnet Rise would especially play mind games with ground-types like Krook. I won't comment on EV spreads for Klefki, so I'll leave that to more experienced people.

And for Slowking, I would pick Future Sight and Ice Beam. I like the idea of Future Sight causing switches with a potential hazard stacking team. And Ice Beam because of how hard it can hit dragons like Latias (compared with Dragon Tail). I don't think Dragon Tail would be as necessary with Future Sight and Dragon Tail wouldn't be able to force defensive fairies out like Clefable and Klefki either.

for Hax, i would vote Dragonium Z to remove or heavily dent walls such as Hippo that could otherwise prematurely stop a sweep.
i would make Klefki Sp Defensive like HotFuzzBall said, and use Play Rough+Magnet Rise to hit Latias and Darks while being able to set up on Grounds like Krook and Hippo.
If we were to have another hazard abuser on our team, I would go with Dragon Tail+Psychic, but otherwise, i would say go Future Sight+Ice Beam. We don't need to have 2 phazing moves, and Dragon Tail is more reliable than Future Sight in forcing switches. If we don't have another hazard abuser, Future Sight+ Ice Beam can lure Hydreigon and 2HKO.
As for the last 2 slots, speed control is mandatory, as Klefki can't paralyze everything and our entire team is below the 100 base speed tier. Megaero sounds like a good choice as it is the fastest unboosted pokemon in the tier, it provides a ground immunity and if we run pursuit we can help with latias. We also could run Hone Claws to break up walls for Hax or Aqua Tail for bulky Grounds. It's versatility makes it an excellent candidate for our team in my mind.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
For haxorus, I'm gonna go LO Pjab since I'm not usually a fan of iron tail's accuracy and hitting hard is good.

On klefki, I also support a specially defensive set, and Play Rough and Magnet Rise get my vote for it to hit those pesky dark switchins.

And on Slowking, I really like the idea of Future Sight+Ice Beam. I enjoy future sight AV king in general and ice beam will hit dragons relatively hard.

Klefki with play rough, magnet rise, spikes, and t-wave sounds solid.
AV Slowking with Dragon tail is great for fazing out CM Lati with Scald, Psychic, and Fire Blast.
Hax doesn't really need lum because we have conk as a pivot for status so, I think Life Orb should be fine for it. Also P-Jab over Iron Tail.
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack / Ice Beam

Porygon 2 handles both Volcanion and Talonflame pretty well since specs Volcanion barely scores a 2HKO and Z Talonflame super sonic skystrike only does 44%-52%. This team is very slow so why not just go fast with our slowness. If you're the King of speed then, you're automatically fast Bros.
Porygon 2 is a sweet pivot with recovery and trick room support for it's slow partners, it's also a great blanket check to a lot of the tier.
I could see Mega Aero being a good choice too since it does handle Krook really well, and this team does have a tough time (not too tough) with Krookodile.
Edit:Actually if Porygon 2 gets picked, I would want magnet rise, toxic, flash cannon, and dazzling gleam for Klefki.

M-Aero strikes me as a great addition! I'd just like to pipe-in and point out that, should we need to (ie 6th mon can't learn it :p), we can stick stealth rock on aero, perhaps instead of hone claws.

EDIT: LO + Poison Jab on Hax

Play Rough and Magnet Rise on Klefki

And I suppose Future Sight and Ice Beam on Slowking

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You guys can still nominate Pokemon in addition to the move choices! Here's mine...

upload_2017-5-10_23-23-27.gif

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

I went into a trance trying to decide on what the 5th mon for this kinda team would be...My first thought was Scarf Krookodile because our team is slow as dirt and we need good Speed control, but I didn't like the number of Fairy weaknesses it brought plus the lack of Stealth Rock users (we still need a Rocks setter) that synergized well with Krookodile + the rest of the team. So I started looking more at the Stealth Rock issue to get it out the way, and in light of some of the weaknesses HotFuzzBall said we had, SR Bisharp seemed like the best thing I could come up with.

First off, SR Bish is viable for those who are questioning it...it's used pretty often on Spikestack Hyper Offense from what I've seen, since it's pretty good for role compression as it is here--punish Defog users, set rocks, check Latias/Celebi/etc., priority. All the same reasons I'm nomming it here in spite of a mutual Ground/Fire weakness with Klefki. It also doesn't count as a Fairy resist, but I will say we do have a Klefki that can switch into most Fairies and two Fairy lures in Haxorus and Conkeldurr. I'm emphasizing Fairies here because our team as it stands is pretty weak to them, almost as much as it is weak to SCIZOR! Bisharp isn't the best answer to Scizor but it's at least capable of putting a huge dent in Scizor while being able to tank Bullet Punch. Bisharp at least gets Celebi out of the equation for the most part while also acting as a check to Talonflame that forces it to have to click Flare Blitz, which is cool I guess.

Of course, Mega Blastoise and Grassium Z Volcanion are still huge threats...We don't have a Ground immune mon either, and the extremely rare Z-Thunder Latias could annihilate this team (HP Fire Latias in general is kinda scary), and our team is still very slow in spite of Prankster + 2 offensive forms of priority to somewhat compensate...If Bisharp's chosen those are the issues we'd have to fix with the next nomination, if not work some things in the team around.

Also voting SpD Klefki w/Play Rough + Flash Cannon, Life Orb + Poison Jab Haxorus, and Future Sight + Ice Beam Slowking

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
alright voting time!!! we will be voting on both the sets for Haxorus / Klefki / Slowking and the 5th slot

Nightingales - Mega Aerodactyl
I'm gonna toss up MAero for some speed control here. We already have issues with some things, so I'm gonna toss this up while I get ready to fly to Alaska.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Crunch / Earthquake / Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace

tmacbalanced - Porygon2
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack / Ice Beam

Porygon 2 handles both Volcanion and Talonflame pretty well since specs Volcanion barely scores a 2HKO and Z Talonflame super sonic skystrike only does 44%-52%. This team is very slow so why not just go fast with our slowness. If you're the King of speed then, you're automatically fast Bros.
Porygon 2 is a sweet pivot with recovery and trick room support for it's slow partners, it's also a great blanket check to a lot of the tier.
I could see Mega Aero being a good choice too since it does handle Krook really well, and this team does have a tough time (not too tough) with Krookodile.
Edit:Actually if Porygon 2 gets picked, I would want magnet rise, toxic, flash cannon, and dazzling gleam for Klefki.

CoolStoryBrobat - Stealth Rock Bisharp
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

I went into a trance trying to decide on what the 5th mon for this kinda team would be...My first thought was Scarf Krookodile because our team is slow as dirt and we need good Speed control, but I didn't like the number of Fairy weaknesses it brought plus the lack of Stealth Rock users (we still need a Rocks setter) that synergized well with Krookodile + the rest of the team. So I started looking more at the Stealth Rock issue to get it out the way, and in light of some of the weaknesses HotFuzzBall said we had, SR Bisharp seemed like the best thing I could come up with.

First off, SR Bish is viable for those who are questioning it...it's used pretty often on Spikestack Hyper Offense from what I've seen, since it's pretty good for role compression as it is here--punish Defog users, set rocks, check Latias/Celebi/etc., priority. All the same reasons I'm nomming it here in spite of a mutual Ground/Fire weakness with Klefki. It also doesn't count as a Fairy resist, but I will say we do have a Klefki that can switch into most Fairies and two Fairy lures in Haxorus and Conkeldurr. I'm emphasizing Fairies here because our team as it stands is pretty weak to them, almost as much as it is weak to SCIZOR! Bisharp isn't the best answer to Scizor but it's at least capable of putting a huge dent in Scizor while being able to tank Bullet Punch. Bisharp at least gets Celebi out of the equation for the most part while also acting as a check to Talonflame that forces it to have to click Flare Blitz, which is cool I guess.

Of course, Mega Blastoise and Grassium Z Volcanion are still huge threats...We don't have a Ground immune mon either, and the extremely rare Z-Thunder Latias could annihilate this team (HP Fire Latias in general is kinda scary), and our team is still very slow in spite of Prankster + 2 offensive forms of priority to somewhat compensate...If Bisharp's chosen those are the issues we'd have to fix with the next nomination, if not work some things in the team around.

I know a lot of people have already expressed what they want to see but, I would like a final vote after everyone has read the other people's thoughts and saw the 5th slot suggestions. Vote for the bolded parts of the set. Preferably if you are unsure of what to vote, I would use the discussion above since there was a lot of insight on what the final sets the users would like to see as a guideline.

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab / Iron Tail

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold / Calm Nature

- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play / Magnet Rise / Flash Cannon / Toxic

For the EVs just vote for the EV spread since I will know which nature will go with which spread.

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic / Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail / Ice Beam

I will be voting this time (I usually save my vote to break ties, now I will try to let everyone know who I would've voted for after each round) since this is a pretty lengthy vote.

Deadline will be 5/11 @ 11:59 PM PST since this is a very long vote, I'll extend the deadline if necessary if people need more time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)