UU Nominations (Round 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Venusaur under the support characteristic.

Venasaur has access to a variety of offensive moves on both sides of the spectrum as well as support moves as well. This allows counters of some sets such as a grass type for the sd set, to be completely demolished by any special/mixed variant with sludge bomb. Not only this, but Venusaur has access to sleep powder, guaranteeing it is crippling something every battle. This also allows sd sets a free opportunity to set up.

Venasaur also has decent base 80/83/100 defenses which allows it to take hits quite well as well as act as a special wall.

Also, Milotic under Defensive.

Milotic walls a huge portion of the metagame. most of the pokemon that are capable of taking it down are hit hard hard by some of its attacks ex: surf on aggron or icebeam on (insert grass type). due to milotics incredible defenses along with recovery and access to haze, it definitely walls a large portion of the metagame and deserves to be a suspect

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No Suspects. This is the single most balanced metagame I have ever played in. I think if we vote on anything this round it will simply be for the sake of doing something. I've played a lot this round and there isn't a single Pokemon, offensive, defensive, or versatile, that has stuck out as broken.

No Suspects.

Grass type spam (Leafeon, Sceptile and Venusaur) + things like Toxicroak and lots of other viable Pokemon fine well keep Milotic in check and most of, if not all of them, are easy as heck to fit in on teams. Milotic also struggles to wall things its supposed to like Moltres and Houndoom as their boosted attacks are still doing a crap load. In addition she has to be at absolute full health to even counter things like NP Doom who are doing 80+% to her with NP LO Dark Pulse with SR up. Toxic also hurts her badly and if she chose to Rest-Talk (i know this from personal experience) she is horribly set up fodder and restricts her to 2 moves. Milotic should not and is not an issue to well built teams, period.

Venu hasn't stood out to me either. Sleep Powder isnt a viable reason for something being suspect imo. Its your own fault for not using something to deal with status.

TL;DR i enjoy this metagame and feel its the most balanced metagame UU has ever had pretty much.

What LR said too.

I'd like to sneak in a last minute nomination of Milotic under the Defensive Characteristic.

I believe with its great typing, above average speed for a wall, and movepool make Milotic a wall in UU that too hard to overcome. Milotic successfully walls the vast majority of the UU metagame. Haze prevents you from using stat up moves to muscle through it. 81 Speed isn't game shattering but outruns a lot of UU, allowing Milotic to switch in, Recover before you can attack again, and then begin to chip away at the attacker. It may be true that each set has maybe one or two things that can successfully set up or beat Milotic, but it becomes very easy to handle the 1 or 2 Pokemon any one set of Milotic can't beat with 5 other Pokemon. For example, RestTalk, Haze, Surf Milotic may be set up bait for say, Vensaur and Toxicroak, but it becomes very easy to run say, Moltres to counter them, and leave Milotic to wall the rest of the opponents team. I feel Milotic has become the generic answer for many teams for far too many threats. Need an answer to the majority of the metagame's attackers? Slap Milotic on a team.

No suspects. Like others have said, the metagame has been amazingly balanced. I've noticed a rash of previously unused pokemon coming into play with many of the major suspects gone, like Omastar/Sceptile/Tauros/Qwilfish/etc.

UU has really balanced out in my opinion. It's pretty hard to find a Pokemon that is impossible to stop or beat because of various options. Most of the current suspects also rely on residual damage to get the needed kills, and with Froslass gone, that is harder to accomplish.

I really like UU the way it is right now, so I believe that there are really no suspects atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)