UU What's His Last? [Week 10]

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
And the winner is...
Rose On Fire with his Blissey submission. Congratulations!

Current team

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roar
- Scald

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Yet again we have another team from Accelgor, big thanks to him! "Here's a balance team based around a Mega Aerodactyl lure set and a standard Calm Mind Latias set. I chose to run Adamant Mega Aerodactyl in the first slot (just because the added power is nice and Jolly doesn't outspeed any significant scarfers or fast mons other than tying with opposing Mega Aeros for the most part), and opted for Fire Fang here as well to punish teams that use bulky Scizor as their main check to it. This lure, if successful, usually leaves the opposing team open for Latias to sweep. Speaking of Latias, I chose to roll with the standard Calm Mind + dual STAB + Roost set here, as it grants the team a check vs threats like Keldeo and Celebi while also providing a really scary win-condition. Dragonium-Z is the item of choice here as it allows for me to potentially 1v1 Scarf Krookodile as well as other faster threats that may try to take Latias down by virtue of Pursuit. It also doubles as a nuke to potentially take down stuff like Alomomola if the opponent thinks that they're safe to simply tank a hit and Wish up. Empoleon was then chosen to remove hazards to aid Mega Aerodactyl and the rest of the team as much as possible, while also having Toxic to beat threats like opposing Calm Mind Latias, and Roar to phase other potentially annoying mons like Calm Mind Clefable. Ironically, Clefable was chosen to fill the next slot since it gave me a bona fide dragon and fighting check while also supplying my with another reliable win-condition, and I chose Flamethrower as my coverage to put even more pressure on teams that rely on Scizor and other steels to check Latias and Clefable. Lastly, Hippowdon was chosen to provide rocks and a bulky pivot to switch into things like Bisharp, Cobalion, Raikou, and others while also complementing Mega Aero by virtue of it's ability."

Submission phase ends Friday, May 26, 11:59 pm EDT.

Last edited:

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch

Offensive pivot Cobalion provides a lot of support to this team. Most importantly, it threatens Blissey and Fairy-types, which the rest of the squad doesn't have much for. Its ability to get rid of Dark- and Fairy-types benefits Latias immensely. It can use Volt Switch after forcing foes out, potentially by scaring them with Swords Dance, which provides teammates with free switches. Empoleon and Aerodactyl in particular would love to avoid risky switches that might cause them to take a strong hit. Its immunity to Hippowdon's sand further improves its use as a pivot. Cobalion's presence discourages the spamming of Knock Off and other Dark-type moves and means that Clefable won't be the only, and therefore predictable, switch-in to such moves. When pivoting isn't necessary, Cobalion can use Swords Dance to apply physically offensive pressure, which is only provided by Aerodactyl at the moment. Note that Shuca Berry enables it to bluff a Z-Crystal set.

Last edited:

Santu

is a Tiering Contributoris the 9th Grand Slam Winneris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade / Pursuit

I think the last mon could be Stoutland because it works really well on this team, basically because it has a Sand setter and the team lacks a powerful physical attacker, , I'm pretty sure that his last is Stoutland. Stoutland helps clefable to find setup opportunities, makes the matchup of the team much better against stall.
and the team is lacking a solid wallbreaker since Mega Aerodactyl is using a very specific set.

Last edited:

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Facade

Personally, Bewear seems to fit extremely well. It is an extremely powerful wallbreaker, which the team appreciates, as the team's overall offensive presence without setting up is pretty lackluster. It's also able to threaten both Blissey and Clefable. While Bewear can't exactly hard switch into Clefable, between two forms of phazing, it's not a big deal as long as Bewear is able to beat it in a last mon scenario or at least put it in range of Latias or Aerodactyl's attack. Facade is mainly there in the event that Blissey decides to Thunder Wave or Toxic on the switch in, but swapping it out for something like Earthquake works as well. There are 2 pseudo-lures in the form of Fire Fang Mega Aerodactyl and Flamethrower Clefable, but the team is still disgustingly weak to offensive SD Scizor, which has no reason to not click Bullet Punch since they normally don't run U-turn and can use Superpower if Empoleon comes in. Bewear is able to survive a +2 Bullet Punch and has a chance to survive a +2 Superpower while OHKOing offensive Scizor back with Superpower. You might also outspeed Scizor since a lot of then tend to be Adamant (hence why Jolly on Bewear). Finally, this may seem dumb considering your last 3 mons can wall it in a sense, but EQ variants of Mega Aerodactyl cause quite a bit of annoyance, with Empoleon going down after some prior damage and Hippowdon not carrying Toxic. Clefable is usually fine but with it being your main way of dealing with a bunch of threats, it's going to get worn down fast. Bewear is at least capable of surviving 2 Jolly Wing Attacks and OHKOing back with Ice Punch or Superpower.

Last edited:

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
And the winner is...
Eyan with his Bewear submission. Congratulations!

Current Team

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Facade
- Knock Off

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Natural Gift

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

This time we've got a team built by myself n_n. I've been working with different variations of Scarf Hydreigion + Fighting-type + something to take advantage of Fairy-types, and I wanted to build one with the rising star known as Flame Orb Conkeldurr. Offensive Swords Dance Scizor is the Fairy-exploiter here, with Natural Gift + Occa Berry decided on later in the team's development as I felt a bit weak to opposing Scizor. The first three members form a good core, Hydreigion being able to U-turn away from Fairy- and Steel-types to give opportunities to the two breakers. From there, I added Amoonguss for a Primarina / Keldeo answer, as well as Paralysis support for the breakers. It's especially nice if I can catch Latias with Stun Spore, since the breakers are both able to outrun half-speed 110s. Clef was added for an added check to Dragon-, Dark-, and Fighting-types. Ice Beam is used because I was feeling a bit weak to Gliscor.

Submission phase ends Sunday, June 4, 11:59 pm EDT

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving pert

Swampert @ Normalium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Refresh
This team needs a Raikou switch-in that doesn't get set up on by SubCM, a switch-in to M-Aerodactyl that isn't overwhelmed by Hone Claws, and better way to take hits from Bisharp as well as resist to CB Bullet Punch from Scizor (CB Metagross also looks like a pain). Swampert helps check a multitude of physical attackers, while also providing the team with Stealth Rock. Z-Refresh makes Swampert a better Knock Off absorber while also giving it the equivalent of a one time Full Restore.

occa natural gift is cool btw i dig it

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge / Toxic

So I switched my initial reservation obviously, anyways... So basically the team lacks Stealth Rocks (which to a lot of people is a big no no) so that narrowed my options down quite a bit. The team looks like it'd struggle against threats like Calm Mind Raikou, Talonflame, Metagross, and offensive Scizor (well a secondary check) so a bulky Ground-type such as Hippowdon can check all of them pretty decently due to its bulk. Hippowdon also has great type synergy with Amoonguss, which forms a nice solid defensive backbone for the team which is appreciated. Stone Edge is only for Talonflame, as it is the team's only reliable answer to it but, either Toxic or Whirlwind can be used instead.

Last edited:

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
Team needs a rocker so clearly that's the first place to look. As mentioned before, another check to Raikou is needed, thus why Queen is used with EQ. Great check to Mega Aero who tears the team apart as it is, as well as a good check to Bisharp & Scizor who seriously pressure the team. Last move is interchangeable with TSpikes really as FBlast gives you a second check to Scizor, but TSpikes + Hydreigon is really nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)