UUPL V - Finals - Won by Mikan Island Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGs Kink and thank you for the kind words, that's nice to see. c:

I'll talk to you guys in private and you've seen me going insane in our teamchat already, but I wanna take a moment to give my retains Pearl and TDK a special shout-out. Holy shit you were both nothing short of incredible. Shitting out fantastic teams seemingly every day and winning a ton of games on top of that. You both carried this team on your backs and I want to make sure everyone knows that. <3

Having said that I adore all of you except for rozes and I had an absolute blast managing this team. :D

PS: Shout-outs to Bouff, Hogg and Kink for the 12k in auction credits + TDK before the tournament even started. Looks like I spent it wisely! :')

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
this was honestly one of the most fun ive ever had in a team tour, both unofficial and official so i couldnt have asked to be on a better team.

Pearl - mvp af. this is like our 10th team tour together and it always works the same way. i do dumb shit and you get mad and force me to be good. i know whatever tour we are in i can rely on you to be a cornerstone of our success and this tour was no let down. going 8-1 and still helping out in every tier is as much as anyone can ask for someone in a team tour. i know we will still be teaming up in just about every tour so lets just win everything else together n_n

Poek - fucking sm king despite not touching uu before this tour. https://puu.sh/vbIhb/6f7f2e0c87.png this just about sums up how well you did this uupl, going 8-1 for 7k and the only tour where you were under 10k for. how tony got you so cheap ill never know, but you'll never be under 10k again ;_;. continue wrecking in every tier you play in and i dont think you'll ever have a down moment again.

Finchinator - you didnt really talk in the chat too much, good luck in the future though.

bugzinator - idr how many times you left our chat at this point but idt there is anyone that could get our spirits up as much as you leaving our chat / faking games / and just being a dick all around. you honestly were one of the reasons we did so well because your antics kept everyone happy and motivated to do well n_n

Malekith - big daddy. even if you didnt talk to much, you did all you had to racking up win after win every week and allowing us to start up 1-0 basically. the fact you went through this tour with 7 unrevealed pokemon while the next best was hsa with 2 unrevealed shows just how much you dominate this tier.

TDK - literally sm goat and mvp #2. made about 15 teams a week for me / poek / yourself combined and every single one was solid. even if you arent as happy with your own record, you still are probably the best teambuilder at the moment in every tier you take the time to play. even if i had no clue what i wanted to use / how to even build in this tier you were there for me to fall back on. also one of my closer friends on the site along with pearl and finch, so im glad we could team up together for this n_n

Floppy - cleaned up for us in finals and i think thats all we needed. even though we never really talked before this im glad you were on our team and i was able to be somewhat useful in tests since adv uu is quite fun once you get the hang of it (even though i could never really beat you). good luck in wcop and future tours n_n

obii - oras uu goat builder and was there to help me bounce off ideas in the early weeks as well as pass some solid af HOs to use. your record really doesnt reflect how well you know oras / how good you are at it, once you take the time to learn sm im sure you'll be as dominant of a builder. also this tour was the first one we really teamed up for and im really glad we did since i never really got the chance to know you before. good luck in wcop and lets team up again soon n_n

YABO - king turt himself. brings wonky teams and somehow wins. i still dont know why you thought of turtonator, or even why you brought it to two games but god damn you rock. this is our second uupl together and im glad we were able to win this time :D

Tony - thanks for actually taking me all the way up to 8.5k and securing me in auction. i dont think i could have had this much fun on any other team in any other lower tier pl, so you rock. amazing manager even though you were super busy up until the last day and were always there to give words of encouragement. also thanks for trusting me in oras / sm even when i wasnt feeling to hot about them myself.

Kaori - ill pm you something / edit this post if you switch back to SamVGC, you get nothing until then.

Rare Poison - hope you are having fun on vacation rn, you and finch basically went ham every week in bw testing / building who the fuck knows. because of you nobody else really had to help out in bw aside from you / finch / bugz and you guys killed it ending with a 12-6 bwuu record throughout the tour. couldnt ask anything more n_n

Hogg - thanks for joining us once your team was out and helping floppy out since i was pretty useless in adv. good luck leading this tier and ban conk and lati!!!!

Pak - even if you only joined us in finals the amount of prep you and pearl put in this week was crazy and it paid off. you'll kill it in snake / spl once the time comes so i hope you start picking up and enjoying sm :3

KratosMana - you were pretty useless aside from calling me names

thanks Hikari for hosting and im glad i was able to finish this tour positive n_n

until next year!

Last edited:

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Shoutout to my team, I had a blast this year and this was definitely thanks to you all. I'm overall satisfied with the record I ended up with although I'm sad I wasn't able to finish it off. I also wanted to thanks every single person who helped me test, you know who you are and I wouldn't have done as well as I did without you. Congrats to Monsters, a bunch of cool guys on your team, glad you ended up winning it all.
See you guys next year :]

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First and foremost, I want to say that the Monsters really demonstrated what an amazing team they are, all around. A superstar lineup with an incredibly positive and infectious attitude, I'm pleased to say that you guys really shined in this last week and caught a few of us off guard. Tony, it is clear you are an incredibly intelligent and cunning individual, and a decent manager to boot. Pearl, it was clear to see that you were a huge support role for your team, not to mention one of the best UUers of our generation. The rest of you on the Monsters, I say kudos. This is a well deserved win.

To my Battlegirls, we made it to the finals. We were the "villains" of this tour from week 1, but you never let the pressure from the outside get to you. Our chat was the perfect combination of sarcasm, memes, and positivity. Sacri', I really hope you shine in this year's upcoming SPL. If you don't get picked up, I call shenanigans. Aquadext, I can't tell you how happy I am to know that you will definitely make it in this tier and beyond. Keep shining and have a good open run. Rodriblutar and Teddeh you guys play ORAS UU like naturals, and I couldn't be prouder. r0ady, I hope people finally understand that you know what you're doing. I expect consistent showings from you in the future buddy. Colchonero, thanks for a strong effort every week and for winning some big games. You were always supportive and I appreciate that. Eo Ut Mortus, you were the big brother of our chat and always had a kind word to say to keep us on track. Thanks for your veteran perspective and for showing up every week to play, while also snagging us some big wins. TSR, you're much better than your record suggests and I think you know that. I look forward to your open run. slurmz you're annoying as fuck but I enjoyed getting the chance to get to know you. Thanks for winning some big games for us, but always remember to put the team first. To my subs Mazz, Oglemi, and Vinc2612, thanks for subbing in when I needed you guys to, for your support, and for being great guys in general. Last, but certainly not least, to my boy ADVANTAGE - I hope you know that I respect you, and I appreciate your commitment to this season as it would not have gone as well without your insight and advice. Thank you, my friend. And thank you to all of the Battlegirls. You should be proud of yourselves, 2nd place is no small achievement, considering how incredibly strong all of these teams were.

To the rest of the commUUnity, I know there were moments where you were far from impressed by me and my team, whether it was the week 1 incident that essentially marked us for dead, or my outburst at AmaROQ and Shiba during week 7. Needless to say, there were a few disgraceful moments on my part; I hope you all understand that everything I said or did was for my team, for the passion of the game, and I never intended to disrespect or hurt anyone. You are all the reason I love playing mons, and I want you all to know that you have my deepest respect. I'm sorry for the way I acted, you all deserved better out of me and I intend to see that you get it.

To managers, Hogg and Fuga, I hope you guys get another chance to demonstrate how amazing you guys are as managers and players. The season shouldn't have gotten away from you like it did, and I have no doubt that your future showings will affirm that fact. You and your teams are far better than your records show, and I look forward to our next fight. To Christo, Ice Tea and BOUFF, I can't wait for next year and hope you all return to manage. Pick me up maybe?

To Hikari and former UUTL dodmen, thanks for all of your hard work leading up to this UUPL, and Hikari for hosting.

Thanks to all supporters, hopefully I'll pick up my horrid play by UU open, and good luck to everyone participating, but don't expect an easy one if we're matched up :P

Poek

squadala
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Usually I don't tend to do shoutouts, however, my experience in this tour has been a blast since I got in the best team I could've ever wished for.

Pearl - Thanks for everything dude. I wasn't even going to try lower tiers until you told me to join this tour and boy did I have fun. You and TDK were the key to my success in this tour as you guys made every team I've used even though I started being picky with the mons of choice, you guys brought me a hot squad every week. I talk to you nearly every day and you're one of the nicest dudes in this site. Thank you again for making me join the most enjoyable team tour I've ever been, you're goat and I hope we can meet irl this summer *-*

rozes - The only regret in this tour. Jk I was glad to have you on the team because since that HPL with me you and Pearl we haven't shared a team together, and you're always a cool dude to talk with, not only that but you got some key wins throughout this tour. You're amazing and I still remember the goat calls w/ TDK and Gingy trying to ladder up with baton pass at 9 am :fire:

Finchinator - Bro you actually got over your curse in this tournament, congrats with that. Apart from that... you did finch things. Tryhard, tryhard and provide great team chat presence with outdated shit like "glad i asked". lol.

bugzinator - sorry lad

Malekith - this dude didn't allow me to post Spain's roster to get me some free likes so you don't deserve a shoutout. Everyone knows you made every DPP UU player your bitch anyway.

TDK - ahhh. it felt good to team up again. Thanks for giving me unbeatable squads like half of the season. Even though you're not a UU main you held your own and made impeccable squads. You put in so much work in every team tour its ridiculous. The fact that someone was willing to trade such a gem shocks me. Easily the MVP even though you wanted to have a better record, your help for everyone was unmatched. Not much else to say really, we already talk everyday as it is. buy a ps4 though

Floppy - clean final winning post breh, that kanga made me laugh out loud

obii - I'm glad I got to know you through Cryos/Scooters chat. You're a lovely character and I'm pretty sure everyone can agree on that. You care so much about your team and about giving it a good chat presence and you play well too. You have a lot of potential and I hope you do well in wcop :3

YABO -
don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Tony - I've been always a big fan of you since 2014 when I watched your commentary on youtube. Your thought process is amazing bro, although you fucked up with that celebi. I agree with that play though. That aside, for this not being an official tournament you put your heart on it and helped everyone as well as you could while starting to play too. Thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to be in this team, it seriously was a blast and it's always great to talk with you.

Kaori - As I told you numerous times before, you're great. We share nearly the same weeb tastes and talking to you is always a pleasure. Even though you've been a sub the whole season you gave a great chat presence which is always something nice to have. Hopefully we'll team up in an official tour, I'm looking forward to see you destroy everyone.

Rare Poison - We haven't talked much but you seem like a cool dude from what I've seen, thanks for everything :)

love u turts

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
thanks kink for drafting me and giving me the chance to play so many games, sorry i couldn't close out the season like i started.
thanks to ppl who helped me build/test and my team for making this a fun experience.
grats to monsters and thanks hikari for hosting.
hope next year is just as fun

Gonna post some individual shout-outs because Poek sent me a sadface emoji when I didn't initially and that's more than my heart can handle at this time. Doing these in alphabetical order so that my strong preference for SamVGC Kaori doesn't become too obvious. :p

bugzinator
Sorry lads. Your fake games/posts throughout the season made us a few enemies in the UU community (my apologies again, AmaROQ), but you were fantastic when it came down to it. As far as I'm concerned you balanced messing around and trying to win your games/this tournament to perfection. An absolute steal in my book. :D

Finchinator
Bop. As you know I had been wanting to team up with you for a while now, so I had no issue with paying big to make that happen (I got 12k auction credits from the other managers anyway wallahi!). The first impression of teaming up with you was the obvious one, too! I woke up to 1000+ messages in our server the day after the auction and knew the Finch effect was in place. You were determined to end up as the best BW player this tournament and except for the #FINCHSOUP incident I'd say you had a great tournament. I'd have happily gone over 20k to get you and you lived up to your price tag 100%. ^_^

Floppy
Originally I had intended to spend a little bigger on the ADV slot, but then mid-way through the auction I decided to go big on Malekith (whomstd've I'll get to later) instead. Thankfully I watched a certain veteran play in the ADV UU Cup a little while before UUPL. You built your own teams, got unlucky to get eliminated from the Cup and were an under the radar pick-up for UUPL. You won more than a handful of games (including a win in the final!) and only cost me 3k to add to our roster. I know you were primarily focused on Smogon Tour and Smogon Classic play-offs, but I hope winning this with the rest of the team was a fun experience nonetheless! c:

Kaori
I fucking love you Sam. I got some shit from some of the UU community for picking you up for this, but I obviously have no regrets. Fun fact for everyone reading this: Kaori is 4-0 all-time in SM UU. Just as undefeated as our team is this tournament. :goat: You're the best and I can't wait for our inevitable next team tour adventure. <3

Malekith
Daddy. :3 Tfw your motivation isn't to win every week, but to do so without revealing all 6. You were the big buy this season and our only 20k+ player, but holy shit you made up for it. Losing in OST was a blow, but instead of dropping your motivation you performed even better. I don't think anyone in this tournament dismantled their opponents quite like you have. You're absolutely incredible and I would love to team up again sometime. :D

obii
Another very active chat presence and someone I knew I wanted 100% as soon as I knew I'd be managing for this. Don't beat yourself up over your record, my man. You were A+ as anyone bar bugzinator would agree with. I honestly believe any team is better with you in it. It was an absolute pleasure and Metro looks genuinely strong this year, btw. From tie-breaker to play-offs wouldn't shock me at all. n_n

Pearl
My friend! When Hogg first brought up retains being a possibility I started looking at last year's teams. I knew Fuga wanted to retain me, but with his inevitable forum ban coming right up I wanted to spread my options a little bit. :p For real though, when I saw I could take over a team and retain you in the process I knew that's what I wanted to do 100%. You were worried about your UUPL curse, but that's well taken care of now. Holy shit. 8-1, supporting multiple team mates in the process and being an unbelievable presence. I don't really do team tours without you it seems, but I don't think I'd ever want to either. UUPL, OUPL, WCoP next? :o #1DAY2PLS

Poek
Poek! I love talking to you and you were part of the draft plan from start to finish. How you only cost 8k is an absolute travesty, but we take those. You were a delightful chat presence, showed incredible playing level and had a lot of fun in the process. I can't wait to potentially team up with you again and I'll always support you in your individual tournament runs as well! :blobcheer:

Rare Poison
Rad. n_n Completing our Rage Channel BW core and being a nice presence as per usual. I would've loved for you to grab a win this tour, but I guess winning the whole thing isn't a bad return in the end. :p No regrets getting you whatsoever, don't you forget that!

rozes
Hey! You did a lot better in this tournament than the atrocious 1-6 you put up in EPL, thanks! ^_^ Jokes (kind of) aside, you're an all time :goat: team mate and you better know it. Outrageously active, supporting the team with test games, providing scouting reports and putting up a fantastic SM record in the process. While you should've liked my LTPL post, I still love you immensely. Stay awesome! #1DAY2PLS

TDK
Unreal. From being new to SM UU to being (one of) the best teambuilder(s) in this metagame. As the tournament progressed, so did the amount of teams you produced. Thanks again, BOUFF! :D You'll undoubtedly dominate in WCoP again, even though everyone else is hoping you'll implode entirely. I've said this many times already and I'll do it once more: you were incredible. c:

YABO
King Turt! I always love seeing your teams and ideas, even though I probably should've been a bit less supportive at times. :p Turtonator has a 50% winning record and its all because of Hawlucha you! I know you would've liked to put a better record, but you've made your mark and I'm glad we ended up getting you.

Also...

Hogg
- UUTL. One of my favorite users of all time. Thank you for joining our server to help out Gorgie with testing in play-offs. We were pretty bad at ADV UU testing/building ourselves so its very much appreciated. Always a pleasure! ^_^

Ice Tea
Hey! I know things didn't work out the way you would've liked on your team, but know that you're still a don in my eyes. You gave us some team suggestions throughout the tournament and I won't you to know I haven't forgotten. We should be on the same team again next time though imo tbh.

KratosMana
You're fat lol. You joined us in posting Turtonator memes when Yabo won with it, so you're getting a shout-out. :blobcheer: Thanks for picking me up in OUPL and I hope we dodge you in our WCoP SM groups. :p

Pak
Pacc. Huge fan, btw. The ORAS UU master of this tournament. Ty for your feedback the last week and keep up the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)