Resource VGC 17' Sample Teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for both catches. I had single target damage when I calc'd vs the Garchomp.

You probably figured this out by now, but yes that's R. Mika :]
I knew it was R.Mika because i play SF but when i saw it i thought it was an ad or something

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
AFK Lego Offense

This is the team I used to place no 1 on Showdown ladder with relative ease. It runs certain techs to make some match ups easier. Here we go!

Lego (Nihilego) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb

The Tapu killer. Sludge Bomb OHKOes most Tapu that isn't Fini. HP Ice deals about 85-90% to your regular Garchomp, and can be finished off with either Kartana, your Garchomp or Extreme Speed Arcanine. Power Gem OHKOes fast offensive Arcanine, as well as OHKO Torkoal, and deals massive damage to Gyarados and Alolan-Marowak. The EV's are plain and simple. Hit hard and fast. This Pokemon works especially well with Celesteela, taking our its Fire weaknesses, while Celesteela helps block Scarf Garchomp Earthquake with Wide Guard and OHKOes non sash Kartana with Flamethrower.

Sea Food Glory (Tapu Fini) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 12 SpA / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast

This slot originally belonged to Tapu Bulu, but considering how abundant Arcanine and Rain teams became, I swapped to Tapu Fini. Surprisingly, this set does not run Protect, as I found Taunt to be essential in shutting down Trick Room. It also helps shut down Tailwind, by Taunting Mandibuzz. I became interested in Calm Mind + Aguav berry after witnessing a friend use it to great success. In misty Terrain, LO Thunderbolt from Tapu Koko fails to OHKO Fini, and I can use Calm Mind to boost my Special Defense, while Aguav restores its HP. Boosted Muddy Water deals some major damage. I wish there were other reliable spread water type move that isn't Surf, because of Muddy Water's sketchy accuracy. But if it hits, it deals some major damage to Arcanine and Marowak. Boosted Moonblast OHKOs Garchomp and the likes. Nothing much to say.

252 HP / 172 Def helps me survive Jolly Kartana Leaf Blade, after which I can use Muddy Water, removing any potential sash's. The damage output also allows me to scout the potential item on it. 36 Speed EVs to speed creep similar speed tiers, and the rest were dumped in Special Attack and Special Defense. Oh, My Tapu Fini can KO and Porygon2 in a 1v1, by just using Calm Mind and boosting your stats. It also helps take down Araquanid and Mudsdale. Hence, Fini is one of my main TR outs.

Shikigami (Kartana) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 44 HP / 44 Atk / 4 Def / 164 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade

There was a time when Snorlax boosts up with Curse and murder me. That's when I decided to use Kartana. This paper Pokemon is surprisingly bulky on the physical side. And Sacred Sword negates Snorlax's boosts, and deals about 50%. I used Assault Vest because Focus Sash was already taken by Nihilego, and I needed my paper to not lose to Porygon2. The set is Trainer Tower's standard Assault Vest Kartana, but some HP EV's taken out and invested in Attack to increase my damage output, as I felt Kartana need to do more. Kartana is also one of my main Gigalith TR checks, and it completely walls Gigalith's STAB moves, and I can 2HKO it with Leaf Blade. Assault Vest also strengthens my Rain match up further, allowing it to stay and OHKO Golduck.

Fluffy (Arcanine) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Roar

Originally a Life Orb variant, I swapped to Electrium Z to OHKO Tapu Fini and Araquanid, Also because I thought Arcanine doesn't survive long enough with LO. I usually lead Tapu Fini + Arcanine against Trick Room matchups, and while Fini Taunts Porygon2, Arcanine can proceed to OHKO an unsuspecting Araquanid. Extreme Speed + Scarf Garchomp Rock Slide OHKOs Ninetales and Pheromosa, and also obliterates any Evo-Pass teams. It also helps OHKO opposing Garchomp when combined with Nihilego HP Ice. The EVs are the standard Physical set. I needed it to be fast. Roar is used against TR teams, and against EvoPass, IF they succeed in setting up. Wild Charge to power Electrium Z, and to damage the Water-types like Fini and Araquanid. Flare Blitz OHKOes Celesteela, which is a huge plus when you use Nihilego. Again, no protect. My plays revolve around switching around and positioning, not sitting behind an impenetrable barrier. I bring this doggie every time I see a Celesteela in team preview.

Sharks 3D (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Here it comes, Choice Scarf Garchomp! I resorted to this after Tapu Koko and Arcanine began annoying me. It also helps me OHKO Pheromosa with Fire Fang, which could normal tear through my team unless I bring Tapu Fini. Scarf Chomp Rock Slide + Extreme Speed OHKO's Ninetales before they set up Aurora Veil. I could keep him in the back, and bring him out for a late game sweep against their Koko. Scarf Chomp + Celesteela Wide Guard helps against those Blizzard Spam teams, and Wide Guard also blocks Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleams, IF they survive my Earthquake. Why do I run Jolly Nature? To outspeed opposing Scarf Chomps, and to outspeed Scarf Timid Tapu Lele, which were getting popular on Showdown. I didn't run Dragon Claw cause I use Misty Terrain. Poison Jab helps to finish of a weakened Tapu, while Rock Slide deals with those annoying birds like Mandibuzz and Talonflame. Fire Fang is used to counter Celesteela and Pheromosa, and occasionally Kartana. This guy can sweep entire teams!

Burj Khalifah (Celesteela) @ Misty Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 140 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 27 Spe
- Wide Guard
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam

One of the MVP's of the team. Misty Seed Celesteela (Burj Khalifah. Lets face it, this guy is a building). Misty Seed boosts its Special Defense, allowing it to tank LO Tapu Koko Thunderbolt, which allows me to invest a lot in offense. Leech Seed is my primary means of recovery, while Flamethrower is used to win Celesteela Mirrors, and OHKOes Kartana and Alolan-Sandslash. 116+ Atk EVs ensure I OHKO regular Tapu Lele even after Intimidate. The rest were dumped into HP and Special Defense to maximize its special bulk, because I already have Intimidate to weaken Arcanines and Pheromosa Z Moves. Wide Guard... THE Wide Guard. My ultimate tech. Helps prevent Earthquake/Rock Slide/Discharge/Dazzling Gleam and Blizzard from touching me. Really efficient when I'm up against Ninetales or Scarf Garchomp. I can safely lead Arcanine/Nihilego against those, and Wide Guard and enjoy the show. Whats with the wierd Speed? 27 Speed IVs with Brave Nature? It makes Celesteela reach a base speed stat of 71, 1 point lower than minimum speed Smeargle. I fight a lot of those on Showdown, who uses PorygonZ and sets up trick Room, while Smeargle Endeavors me. Not anymore.

Well, there you have it, my big bad team! Hope you enjoyed it!!

Pastebin of the Team

Ranked 1st on Showdown: http://imgur.com/a/WlrtN

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
AFK Lego Offense

This is the team I used to place no 1 on Showdown ladder with relative ease. It runs certain techs to make some match ups easier. Here we go!

Lego (Nihilego) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb

The Tapu killer. Sludge Bomb OHKOes most Tapu that isn't Fini. HP Ice deals about 85-90% to your regular Garchomp, and can be finished off with either Kartana, your Garchomp or Extreme Speed Arcanine. Power Gem OHKOes fast offensive Arcanine, as well as OHKO Torkoal, and deals massive damage to Gyarados and Alolan-Marowak. The EV's are plain and simple. Hit hard and fast. This Pokemon works especially well with Celesteela, taking our its Fire weaknesses, while Celesteela helps block Scarf Garchomp Earthquake with Wide Guard and OHKOes non sash Kartana with Flamethrower.

Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast

This slot originally belonged to Tapu Bulu, but considering how abundant Arcanine and Rain teams became, I swapped to Tapu Fini. Surprisingly, this set does not run Protect, as I found Taunt to be essential in shutting down Trick Room. It also helps shut down Tailwind, by Taunting Mandibuzz. I became interested in Calm Mind + Aguav berry after witnessing a friend use it to great success. In misty Terrain, LO Thunderbolt from Tapu Koko fails to OHKO Fini, and I can use Calm Mind to boost my Special Defense, while Aguav restores its HP. Boosted Muddy Water deals some major damage. I wish there were other reliable spread water type move that isn't Surf, because of Muddy Water's sketchy accuracy. But if it hits, it deals some major damage to Arcanine and Marowak. Boosted Moonblast OHKOs Garchomp and the likes. Nothing much to say.

252 HP / 172 Def helps me survive Jolly Kartana Leaf Blade, after which I can use Muddy Water, removing any potential sash's. The damage output also allows me to scout the potential item on it. 36 Speed EVs to speed creep similar speed tiers, and the rest were dumped in Special Attack and Special Defense. Oh, My Tapu Fini can KO and Porygon2 in a 1v1, by just using Calm Mind and boosting your stats. It also helps take down Araquanid and Mudsdale. Hence, Fini is one of my main TR outs.

Shikigami (Kartana) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 44 HP / 44 Atk / 4 Def / 164 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade

There was a time when Snorlax boosts up with Curse and murder me. That's when I decided to use Kartana. This paper Pokemon is surprisingly bulky on the physical side. And Sacred Sword negates Snorlax's boosts, and deals about 50%. I used Assault Vest because Focus Sash was already taken by Nihilego, and I needed my paper to not lose to Porygon2. The set is Trainer Tower's standard Assault Vest Kartana, but some HP EV's taken out and invested in Attack to increase my damage output, as I felt Kartana need to do more. Kartana is also one of my main Gigalith TR checks, and it completely walls Gigalith's STAB moves, and I can 2HKO it with Leaf Blade. Assault Vest also strengthens my Rain match up further, allowing it to stay and OHKO Golduck.

Fluffy (Arcanine) @ Electrium Z
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Roar

Originally a Life Orb variant, I swapped to Electrium Z to OHKO Tapu Fini and Araquanid, Also because I thought Arcanine doesn't survive long enough with LO. I usually lead Tapu Fini + Arcanine against Trick Room matchups, and while Fini Taunts Porygon2, Arcanine can proceed to OHKO an unsuspecting Araquanid. Extreme Speed + Scarf Garchomp Rock Slide OHKOs Ninetales and Pheromosa, and also obliterates any Evo-Pass teams. It also helps OHKO opposing Garchomp when combined with Nihilego HP Ice. The EVs are the standard Physical set. I needed it to be fast. Roar is used against TR teams, and against EvoPass, IF they succeed in setting up. Wild Charge to power Electrium Z, and to damage the Water-types like Fini and Araquanid. Flare Blitz OHKOes Celesteela, which is a huge plus when you use Nihilego. Again, no protect. My plays revolve around switching around and positioning, not sitting behind an impenetrable barrier. I bring this doggie every time I see a Celesteela in team preview.

Sharks 3D (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Here it comes, Choice Scarf Garchomp! I resorted to this after Tapu Koko and Arcanine began annoying me. It also helps me OHKO Pheromosa with Fire Fang, which could normal tear through my team unless I bring Tapu Fini. Scarf Chomp Rock Slide + Extreme Speed OHKO's Ninetales before they set up Aurora Veil. I could keep him in the back, and bring him out for a late game sweep against their Koko. Scarf Chomp + Celesteela Wide Guard helps against those Blizzard Spam teams, and Wide Guard also blocks Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleams, IF they survive my Earthquake. Why do I run Jolly Nature? To outspeed opposing Scarf Chomps, and to outspeed Scarf Timid Tapu Lele, which were getting popular on Showdown. I didn't run Dragon Claw cause I use Misty Terrain. Poison Jab helps to finish of a weakened Tapu, while Rock Slide deals with those annoying birds like Mandibuzz and Talonflame. Fire Fang is used to counter Celesteela and Pheromosa, and occasionally Kartana. This guy can sweep entire teams!

Burj Khalifah (Celesteela) @ Misty Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 140 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 27 Spe
- Wide Guard
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam

One of the MVP's of the team. Misty Seed Celesteela (Burj Khalifah. Lets face it, this guy is a building). Misty Seed boosts its Special Defense, allowing it to tank LO Tapu Koko Thunderbolt, which allows me to invest a lot in offense. Leech Seed is my primary means of recovery, while Flamethrower is used to win Celesteela Mirrors, and OHKOes Kartana and Alolan-Sandslash. 116+ Atk EVs ensure I OHKO regular Tapu Lele even after Intimidate. The rest were dumped into HP and Special Defense to maximize its special bulk, because I already have Intimidate to weaken Arcanines and Pheromosa Z Moves. Wide Guard... THE Wide Guard. My ultimate tech. Helps prevent Earthquake/Rock Slide/Discharge/Dazzling Gleam and Blizzard from touching me. Really efficient when I'm up against Ninetales or Scarf Garchomp. I can safely lead Arcanine/Nihilego against those, and Wide Guard and enjoy the show. Whats with the wierd Speed? 27 Speed IVs with Brave Nature? It makes Celesteela reach a base speed stat of 71, 1 point lower than minimum speed Smeargle. I fight a lot of those on Showdown, who uses PorygonZ and sets up trick Room, while Smeargle Endeavors me. Not anymore.

Well, there you have it, my big bad team! Hope you enjoyed it!!

Pastebin of the Team

Ranked 1st on Showdown: http://imgur.com/a/WlrtN
I'm not sure whether to be more impressed by your team or that people still use windows XP

Okay so I don't particularly have the exactly natures, EVs and all the moves but I think it would be informative to add a team I have seen gain alot of traction, I have encountered this team often and recently at a Premier Challenge it went undefeated, it's definitely interesting

The team always consist as follows:

Lilligant, Torkoal, Pheramosa, Oricorio-Electric and the last 2 slots are not always consistent with every player, the first 4 Pokemon are always there for a reason as follows:

Pheromosa always runs Quiver Dance and has a Focus Sash
Lilligant is Chlorophyl with Quiver Dance, After You, Petal Dance and Sleep Powder
Torkoal is Drought with Solar Beam and Eruption
Oricorio-Electric has Revelation Dance, Tailwind, Air Slash/Hurricane and holds Flynium Z

These are moves that are usually seen in every game with this team and focuses on the ability Dancer.

Basically it can be led like this:

Torkoal and Lilligant
Pheramosa and Oricorio
Oricorio and Lilligant

Pheramosa's blazing speed makes it go first and set up Quiver Dances which Oricorio can copy and proceed to make an additional move. If the opponent lacks priority Pheromosa will use sash and Quiver Dances to send as many boosts as possible to Oricorio, this applies to Lilligant too which in the sun becomes Pheromosa levels of speediness.
Lilligant supports Torkoal with After You/Eruption or Torkoal can switch and Lilligant supports Oricorio with Quiver Dance.

Lilligant can also abuse Petal Dance which Oricorio copies effectively allowing it to hit TWICE (think M-Kangaskhan)

Flynium Z lets Oricorio pick off a threat with a one-time nuclear Z Move and after 2 Quiver Dances it will take something out.

I personally have witnessed this team many times and it is amazing and on the rise. It's not unbeatable though.

Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast

You can optimize your Fini evs using Bold Nature. For example:

EVs: 252 HP / 70 Def / 116 SpA / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast

You now have more physical defense and Satk.

Okay so I don't particularly have the exactly natures, EVs and all the moves but I think it would be informative to add a team I have seen gain alot of traction, I have encountered this team often and recently at a Premier Challenge it went undefeated, it's definitely interesting

The team always consist as follows:

Lilligant, Torkoal, Pheramosa, Oricorio-Electric and the last 2 slots are not always consistent with every player, the first 4 Pokemon are always there for a reason as follows:

Pheromosa always runs Quiver Dance and has a Focus Sash
Lilligant is Chlorophyl with Quiver Dance, After You, Petal Dance and Sleep Powder
Torkoal is Drought with Solar Beam and Eruption
Oricorio-Electric has Revelation Dance, Tailwind, Air Slash/Hurricane and holds Flynium Z

These are moves that are usually seen in every game with this team and focuses on the ability Dancer.

Basically it can be led like this:

Torkoal and Lilligant
Pheramosa and Oricorio
Oricorio and Lilligant

Pheramosa's blazing speed makes it go first and set up Quiver Dances which Oricorio can copy and proceed to make an additional move. If the opponent lacks priority Pheromosa will use sash and Quiver Dances to send as many boosts as possible to Oricorio, this applies to Lilligant too which in the sun becomes Pheromosa levels of speediness.
Lilligant supports Torkoal with After You/Eruption or Torkoal can switch and Lilligant supports Oricorio with Quiver Dance.

Lilligant can also abuse Petal Dance which Oricorio copies effectively allowing it to hit TWICE (think M-Kangaskhan)

Flynium Z lets Oricorio pick off a threat with a one-time nuclear Z Move and after 2 Quiver Dances it will take something out.

I personally have witnessed this team many times and it is amazing and on the rise. It's not unbeatable though.
This is probably the team you're talking about. #6 in QR teams.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Giant post time!

Palossand Smeargle - Markus Stadter

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Follow Me
- Endeavor
- Water Shuriken

Palossand @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Water Compaction
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 20 SpA / 244 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Amnesia
- Shadow Ball
- Shore Up

Gigalith @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Tapu Koko @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 12 SpA / 100 SpD / 108 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Psych Up

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpA / 64 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Hyper Beam
- Ice Beam
- Protect

This team features plenty of unorthodox strategies such as Smeargle Palossand + Psych Up Tapu Koko. Trick Room Normalium Z PorygonZ + CB Gigalith is also a lethal combination that is more than capable of cleaning up games quick under Trick Room. Don't forget to also check out Markus's Youtube and Twitch for more high level innovation!

Mismagius + AV Tapu Koko - Lucien Lachance

Mismagius (F) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 140 HP / 4 Def / 92 SpA / 28 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 12 SpA / 140 SpD / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sky Drop
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 4 Def / 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- Snarl
- Protect

Gastrodon-East @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Protect

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

Somewhat standard from Lucien Lachance but features Mismagius and Assault Vest Tapu Koko! Bulky supportive Tapu Koko had a solid niche because of its ability to chunk off 50% from any Pokemon in the format with a fast Nature's Madness, disrupt opponents with Sky Drop, and even get off some significant damage with Electric Terrain boosted Thunderbolt even with minimal investment. Mismagius is an overlooked mon that deserves a bit more love. It sort of fills Gengar's old role as a Levitating Ghost with access to fast Will-O-Wisp and Taunt but has much better special bulk. I have no idea what either spread does so don't ask me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hard Trick Room V2 - kingofmars

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Substitute
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Trick Room

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Feint

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 2 Spe
- Return
- High Horsepower
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Trick Room

kingofmars latest Anaheim winning team! Basically a revamp of his other team, but with Snorlax > Drampa and Z-Destiny Bond Mimikyu. Z-Destiny Bond is the kicker as it acts as a one turn Follow Me. Pulling off a Z-Destiny Bond at the right moment can be incredibly effectively at taking out a big threat to Trick Room. You can see Gavin pull off this exact strategy here! (Also shoutouts to jtpkmn for the Regional uploads!)

Nihilego + Tapu Lele + Mandibuzz - Human

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 116 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Mandibuzz (F) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 4 SpA / 196 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Toxic

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Happiness: 0
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Def
Brave Nature
- Frustration
- High Horsepower
- Curse
- Recycle

Arcanine @ Firium Z
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Gyarados (M) @ Waterium Z
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

A solid offensive team around Nihilego + Scarf Tapu Lele from Human and Ezrael on Human's Youtube. There isn't much I can say about this that hasn't already been explained. Just know that Nihilego under Tailwind with immunity to priority moves is nothing to scoff at and can slaughter opposing offensive teams. Bit weak to Scarf Kartana but what team isn't?

I'm glad I found a place with a few VGC teams for me to try out. Been wanting to get into doubles on the side after playing singles for years. Now I can have my VGC and Smogon in one place lol.

Reactions: Jio

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I usually try to get permission from the authors of the teams before I put them up, but you're 100% right

So, i'm new on the forum, i just wanted to post my team, i finished second place in a Bolivian MSS last month, so here it is:

Sand Aerodactyl Team
Pajaro Arenoso (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Wide Guard
- Tailwind
- Sky Drop

Tiburón Arenoso (Garchomp) (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Gorda Arenosa (Celesteela) @ Occa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 8 SpA / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower

El Arenoso (Gigalith) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Vacanine (Arcanine) @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Serious Nature
- Snarl
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Burn Up

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt

This is a pretty fun team that it's quite easy to play, my favorite leads are: Aerodactyl - Garchomp; Aerodactyl - Gigalith; Gigalith - Celesteela, have fun! i will apreciate some feedback of your experience using this team.

Drifblim @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 132 Def / 164 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sunny Day

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 HP / 212 Def / 36 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Protect
- Thunderbolt

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Arcanine @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 164 HP / 76 Atk / 92 Def / 172 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Helping Hand
- Protect
- Toxic

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Happiness: 0
EVs: 116 HP / 52 Atk / 244 Def / 92 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- High Horsepower
- Curse
- Recycle

This is the team I used at Internats. Due to some bad luck and a few misplays I went 5-4 but it's still a solid team. Drifblim is EV'd to outspeed Golduck in rain unless your opponent is a casual running max speed EVs and Lele will survive heavy slam from Celesteela

PinkSylvie

VGCPL Champion
I can submit a pastebin of my 5th place april ic/top 5 for 2 months on ps/t16 smogon vgc tour team. Its outdated now, but still interesting try wise.

http://pokepast.es/7e3b729d156df422

most of the spreads are pretty straight forward. Scarf lele with enough speed to outspeed non +speed natured max. Psyshock for nihilego, arcanine, fini, driftblim. Kartana is eved to use 4 subs plus bulk. Arcanine is bulky support with z firium for metagross/opposing lele, which were issues for the team. Xurkitree is bulky to live a spread eq, z hydro pump from golduck outside rain. Speed to outspeed garchomp after a bulldoze. Standard p2. Giggles has wg to help with the garchomp matchup, and pinch berry over rockium z is just a personal preference of mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jio
Red Bullu (Tapu Bulu) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Atk / 8 Def / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Bulk Up
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Bulu is an interesting choice for this team: its grassy terrain can protect muk and nihilego from some really dangerous Earthquake by Garchomp/Gigalith.

Salamence (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 36 SpA / 92 SpD / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Bulldoze
- Dragon Tail

Decided to run him AV for survive any ice move and don't go K.O. before using bulldoze and activate Metagross's weakness policy.
Intimidate can help Mgross to survive strong attacker like Alolan marowak, Alolan Muk and Garchomp.

Nihilego @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpA
Bold Nature
- Power Gem
- Trick Room
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb

Very interesting choice for his type coverage and bulkiness. With grassy terrain it can survive an earthquake without go K.O. and activate Wiki Berry. Also even if has not a lot of offensive investment, can still do good damage to tapus and Arcanine.

LEMME SMASH (Metagross) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 60 Def / 44 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Just nothing to say. It can survive Arcanine's flare blitz and garchomp's earthquake.

Caddozzo (Muk-Alola) @ Iapapa Berry
Level: 52
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 108 Def / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Curse
- Protect

I choose muk because I needed someone that could resist to nihilego & tapus but do good damages at the same time
With Arcanine's helping hand+knock off, Muk-A can take out 97% of celesteela's hp. Curse can make him fit very well on trick room and boost him to ohko everything he find with helping hand.

Doggo (Arcanine) @ Mago Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 60 Atk / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Snarl
- Helping Hand
- Protect

A good support for this team. Intimidate can help vs strong phisical attacker.
Flare blitz scare celesteela and whimsicott a lot.
Snarl can give some problems to some special attacker and break focus sash.
Helping hand can help the team to ohko strong objectives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)